ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Wenrich pleaded guilty to ammunition charges in the Turks and Caicos

I have very little sympathy for this dude but our State Department should intervene on these dummies behalf. Then bring them home and mandate that they attend a program for stupid people in the hope that their IQ will rise to a functional level.
I know I’d feel doomed if I had a medical emergency and saw this “paramedic” pull up.

I have very little sympathy for this dude but our State Department should intervene on these dummies behalf. Then bring them home and mandate that they attend a program for stupid people in the hope that their IQ will rise to a functional level.
I know I’d feel doomed if I had a medical emergency and saw this “paramedic” pull up.
I don’t feel sorry and maybe the state department should ask for a lighter sentence but if you are a dumb ass then you can serve your sentence. This is a self-inflicted problem.

I have very little sympathy for this dude but our State Department should intervene on these dummies behalf.

I agree, check your damn bag before flying to another country, BUT they only had ammunition, and 12 years is an absurd sentence for possession of bullets. The State Department should make a few calls, get this knocked down to a fine and community service or something similar, and all move on.

I find it odd there are currently 5 people with similar situations. How did they get on their flights there? Isn’t it illegal to pass through TSA with ammunition?

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom

I find it odd there are currently 5 people with similar situations. How did they get on their flights there? Isn’t it illegal to pass through TSA with ammunition?

Exactly. Whazzup TSA?

12 years is ridiculous but many foreign nations have ridiculous laws.

I’d like to see the State Department help, but at some point - my man - check your damn luggage.

Alarming that our own TSA is missing this during outbound screening.

Regardless, 12 years is absurd.

Not knowing the laws there- seems odd penalty for just ammo. Not very harmful when you just throw the bullets at people

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
For what purpose? Most jurisdictions prohibit paramedics from carrying firearms so why would they need ammunition?
I would want to know his local rules ,but, you are talking about someone who is trained to be prepared. Assuming he is legal, in his jurisdiction, that seems like a good preparedness.

Also, example, that paramedic that got killed in MN with the cops may not have been able to carry but him being able to throw the cop a mag might have saved someone's life. Glock mags are block mags if you will.

Now, there are a multitude of list when you board that say "don't carry this shit" he should have known and deserves some form of penalty.

Twelve years is a ton but dude, don't be stupid.

Each year when we travel overseas for rugby some of the guys sneak THC pens with them. None have ever been caught but it just seems like a dumb risk.
The weed thing is weird.

Not that I would know because drugs are bad....

If the container itself isn't over thr 2.5 Oz or whatever, they just don't seem to care.

Alarming that our own TSA is missing this during outbound screening.

Regardless, 12 years is absurd.

Agreed, and the woman from Florida who was arrested over Mothers Day commented on that fact:

Grier said she works as a store manager and has a gun for protection that she has kept in that bag in the past. She said TSA in Orlando searched her carry-on before she left and confiscated her lotion and body spray but did not catch the ammunition.

“They dropped the ball they failed me because if they would have been it would have never went this far. It would have never went this far,” said Grier.

We reached out to TSA about the missed ammunition. A TSA Spokesperson tells us:

"TSA takes its security mission very seriously. Ammunition is prohibited in carry-on bags and passengers are responsible for the contents of their luggage. TSA acknowledged that four rounds of ammunition were missed at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City. TSA is aware of the situation and is gathering information to look into the matter further; however, there is not enough information available to us about the screening date, time and location at Orlando International Airport to make a determination.

Take the lotion, leave the bullets

I would want to know his local rules ,but, you are talking about someone who is trained to be prepared. Assuming he is legal, in his jurisdiction, that seems like a good preparedness.

Also, example, that paramedic that got killed in MN with the cops may not have been able to carry but him being able to throw the cop a mag might have saved someone's life. Glock mags are block mags if you will.

Now, there are a multitude of list when you board that say "don't carry this shit" he should have known and deserves some form of penalty.
Seems like a stretch but agree that I would like to know what is allowed in his jurisdiction.

Agreed, and the woman from Florida who was arrested over Mothers Day commented on that fact:

Grier said she works as a store manager and has a gun for protection that she has kept in that bag in the past. She said TSA in Orlando searched her carry-on before she left and confiscated her lotion and body spray but did not catch the ammunition.

“They dropped the ball they failed me because if they would have been it would have never went this far. It would have never went this far,” said Grier.

We reached out to TSA about the missed ammunition. A TSA Spokesperson tells us:

"TSA takes its security mission very seriously. Ammunition is prohibited in carry-on bags and passengers are responsible for the contents of their luggage. TSA acknowledged that four rounds of ammunition were missed at Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City. TSA is aware of the situation and is gathering information to look into the matter further; however, there is not enough information available to us about the screening date, time and location at Orlando International Airport to make a determination.

Take the lotion, leave the bullets

It’s everyone else’s fault. When did republicans decide to no longer demand personal responsibility from commoners?

They are indeed, mkay!

True, I didn't think about the 2.5 oz thing. If I take something that 3 oz or below it's fine but the second a liquid is 3.1 oz or above it's immediately taken and tossed.
Again.... not that I would know..................

If it isn't enough liquid to blow up the plane, they have other shit to worry about. Hell, O'Hara has an amnesty box PAST security. Who the **** throws there weed away after security?

Also, it's frowned upon to stand next to that box for extended periods of time no matter how convincing you are that you are just trying to meet new friends.

• Haha
Reactions: pink shizzle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT