ADVERTISEMENT

U23s

Young loses to Monday 7-6. Up 5-0 after one and then does absolutely nothing in the second period. Got taken down and laced inside 30 seconds.

Lugo lost on criteria to Bannister and then gave up another point on the challenge. Lugo scored last and I thought they both had the same point totals so I find myself confused (again) on the criteria rules.

Lugo loses to Bannister. Two extremely disappointing matches. I might be done watching for the day. Have to win these types of matches.

Lugo lost on criteria to Bannister and then gave up another point on the challenge. Lugo scored last and I thought they both had the same point totals so I find myself confused (again) on the criteria rules.
Bannister had a 4pt move though, so that trumps the other criteria.

Reactions: Huck and el dub

Something strange about this match....Lugo scores to tie the match with 18 secs left, Flo still shows criteria for Bannister...except Lugo and Bannister act like criteria was for Lugo.

Something strange about this match....Lugo scores to tie the match with 18 secs left, Flo still shows criteria for Bannister...except Lugo and Bannister act like criteria was for Lugo.
And Bannister didn't have a 4 pointer that I saw (If he did it was a bad call). Looked like 3tds and an exposure vs 2tds 2pushouts and an exposure.

Reactions: IAChief32
And Bannister didn't have a 4 pointer that I saw (If he did it was a bad call). Looked like 3tds and an exposure vs 2tds 2pushouts and an exposure.
Lugo had 3 2pts vs Bannister's 4. They had the score marked right on the scoreboard. Lugo was confused and could have scored easily on Bannister if he knew he had to. I think they did miss a 2pt exposure at the end though and he should have won.

Reactions: el dub
Now some of you guys see why folks are so high on Lugo? Dude is slick!
And after the loss to Bannister you can see why some people are reluctant to pen him in as a sure fire high AA. Has the talent for sure, but the jury is still out if he can get it done.

And after the loss to Bannister you can see why some people are reluctant to pen him in as a sure fire high AA. Has the talent for sure, but the jury is still out if he can get it done.

I have the feeling that Lugo is going to be one of those guys who has it from a talent perspective but loses some matches due to mental lapses.

Kennedy lost 6-6 criteria - drops to 7th place match

Cul Schriever lost 0-2, drops to 5th place match

You were counting the secs to reply to this one weren't you? I am just fine with Lugo AAing...Bannister is the one who gave Sorensen trouble and a questionable criteria match at U23's isn't going to change it.

Lugo had 3 2pts vs Bannister's 4. They had the score marked right on the scoreboard. Lugo was confused and could have scored easily on Bannister if he knew he had to. I think they did miss a 2pt exposure at the end though and he should have won.

Then it was excellent strategy employed by Bannister because Bannister attacked like he was losing. If it was indeed correct on the scoreboard, good on him.

You were counting the secs to reply to this one weren't you? I am just fine with Lugo AAing...Bannister is the one who gave Sorensen trouble and a questionable criteria match at U23's isn't going to change it.
I was not expecting him to lose to Bannister. But once he did, it was only fair.

In todays match Lugo gave up a leg way to easy and Young was impressive in beating Stroker 11-0.

I was not expecting him to lose to Bannister. But once he did, it was only fair.

If you looked, I said it was going to be a very tough match just based on Bannister's body style. Lugo's advantage is his ability to get underneath taller guys...Bannister is more stumpy than he is and is a tough match up for him. But I'm willing to take a bet that Lugo will AA at 149...you down? $50 to HWC.

If you looked, I said it was going to be a very tough match just based on Bannister's body style. Lugo's advantage is his ability to get underneath taller guys...Bannister is more stumpy than he is and is a tough match up for him. But I'm willing to take a bet that Lugo will AA at 149...you down? $50 to HWC.
No, I think he will too. I’d peg him as 5-8, but he’s one of those guys with the talent to be a finalist and the inconsistency to get knocked out in R12.

Reactions: IAChief32
No, I think he will too. I’d peg him as 5-8, but he’s one of those guys with the talent to be a finalist and the inconsistency to get knocked out in R12.
He could be 1st-R12. He’s definitely had up and down moments throughout his career.

I’ll bet you $50 that Lugo places top 4. 5th is a wash. 6th-DNP I donate to your charity of choice. All of this of course only if he makes the tourney. I’m not paying up for unforsaken reason he can’t wrestle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT