ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA offering pregame sideline passes to games at the Rose Bowl, including Iowa

Beattheohiostate

HB All-State
Aug 5, 2022
phoenix, AZ
I've never heard of anyone offering such passes before. Have you? I got an email today offering the sideline passes because I have tickets to Iowa's game @ UCLA in November. So I clicked on the link. Guess what a pregame sideline pass costs? $530.50. That's it. What a deal. This pass does NOT include a ticket to the game. That must be purchased separately. Here's the actual email:

Pre-Game Sideline Pass - UCLA vs Iowa​

Event Date: Friday, November 8, 2024 at 6:00 pm
Facility: Pre-game Sideline Passes
*Ticket prices are subject to change until added to the cart.

Pre-game sideline pass redemption begins 75 minutes before kick at Tunnel 7A. Entrance to the field starts 60 minutes prior to kick. A separate ticket to enter the Rose Bowl Stadium is required and not included with this pre-game sideline pass.

How many tickets?​

Pre-Game Sideline PassPrice Level: Pre-Game Sideline Pass
Price*Quantity
Regular Price
$530.50
-

Hey, let's boost attendance by selling the stadium experience...the Rose Bowl itself. Not a bad idea

Let's charge people $530 to walk on the sidelines. Good luck with that. BTW, what's with the 50 cents? LOL

Reactions: Torg
Ive had them at Wisconsin before for some Iowa games. As big as the sideline area is at the Rose Bowl, you'd probably be a good 20 yards from the field. $530 to stand there and scratch my balls to watch teams do half assed pass skeleton and stretch?😂 Hard Pass.

Tickets for the Iowa at UCLA game are more than twice the price of the Minnesota game at the Rose Bowl on 10/12.

I assume it's some kind of incentive to get people to come to the game. I'd like to think Hawkeye fans will be 75% of the crowd that game.

Psychotic behavior spamming this on posts that have nothing to do with offense.
Charging people $500 to step on the field is incentive?

I've never heard of anyone offering such passes before. Have you? I got an email today offering the sideline passes because I have tickets to Iowa's game @ UCLA in November. So I clicked on the link. Guess what a pregame sideline pass costs? $530.50. That's it. What a deal. This pass does NOT include a ticket to the game. That must be purchased separately. Here's the actual email:

Pre-game sideline pass redemption begins 75 minutes before kick at Tunnel 7A. Entrance to the field starts 60 minutes prior to kick. A separate ticket to enter the Rose Bowl Stadium is required and not included with this pre-game sideline pass.

How many tickets?​

Price*Quantity
Regular Price
$530.50
-
pre-game, not worth it. I had the opportunity to be on the sideline of the 2008 Pitt game in Pittsburgh next to the Iowa team. It was a pretty cool experience. DJK caught a long ball right in front of me which you can see on the highlights of the game on Youtube. After going to that game and seeing the defense trying to kill the QB, I had a whole new appreciation for QBs and what they do.

pre-game, not worth it. I had the opportunity to be on the sideline of the 2008 Pitt game in Pittsburgh next to the Iowa team. It was a pretty cool experience. DJK caught a long ball right in front of me which you can see on the highlights of the game on Youtube. After going to that game and seeing the defense trying to kill the QB, I had a whole new appreciation for QBs and what they do.
That'd be pretty freaking awesome honestly. I'm envious of you being able to see major college football at that level/perspective.

Reactions: Sett1997 and SI_NYC
I'm going...have not purchased tickets yet. Just going to wait a few weeks to see if UCLA starts to take on water and loses a few. It will be Friday night, less student attendance and on a good Saturday they sell about 50k to a game.
UCLA Football = Iowa Men's Basketball

All they are trying to do now is take advantage of Iowa Football fans. After 5 games the BEST they will be is 2-3(Losses to LSU, Oregon and Penn State). If Indiana beats them then 1-4. Best to wait a few weeks.

How many tickets?​

Price*Quantity
Regular Price
$530.50
-
How much did you pay for your tickets 🎟️?

That'd be pretty freaking awesome honestly. I'm envious of you being able to see major college football at that level/perspective.
I was told by the guy who got me the pass that I could come back anytime. Of course my luck, he was 'let go' the following year.

• Haha
Reactions: AEG82
They have been running their athletic department at a deficit for quite some time. This won't cover it.
I’ve wondered about this. I don’t know where some of these school get their money for sports like water polo. I assume they are doing just fine (endowments?). And they don’t need football to profit; unlike some schools (say, Iowa).

Probably the most angry I have been at the coaching staff, when Stanzi did not play the 2nd half of that Pitt game,

CSB

• Haha
Reactions: SI_NYC
Iowa has not had a great history in the place
Actually, Iowa has some tremendous history in the Rose Bowl . . .#3 Iowa drilled #10 Oregon State 35-19 in 1957 behind QB Kenny Ploen (Clinton, IA). And in 1959, #2 Iowa blasted #16 California 38-12 behind QB Randy Duncan (Des Moines) and RBs Willie Fleming and Bob Jeter. Iowa set four Rose Bowl game records with that win: Jeter's 81-yard TD run, his 194 yards of rushing on only nine carries, the 429 yards Iowa gained on the ground, and the 516 yards of total offense. Jeter's 81-yard TD run stood for decades as the longest in Rose Bowl history.

So it's been awhile, but that history still counts. Evy's Hawkeyes owned Pasadena.

Hey, let's boost attendance by selling the stadium experience...the Rose Bowl itself. Not a bad idea

Let's charge people $530 to walk on the sidelines. Good luck with that. BTW, what's with the 50 cents? LOL
I've heard Ticket Master is reportedly getting $527 and UCLA is getting tree fiddy per ticket.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Torg and BonzoFury
I assume it's some kind of incentive to get people to come to the game. I'd like to think Hawkeye fans will be 75% of the crowd that game.

Psychotic behavior spamming this on posts that have nothing to do with offense.
You've seen his posts, correct?

Reactions: AEG82
If you're already going to the game and wanted to be down on the actual Rose Bowl Field pregame I think that would be pretty cool honestly, especially if money wasn't any kind of issue. Why not?

I've heard Ticket Master is reportedly getting $527 and UCLA is getting tree fiddy per ticket.
south park tree fiddy GIF

How many tickets?​

Price*Quantity
Regular Price
$530.50
-
Rose Bowl is in a beautiful setting, but the stadium itself is a dump. Not sure when the last renovation was done, if ever.

Reactions: BonzoFury
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT