ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Ulis, Ogundele to Transfer

He wasnt injured all last year. Did you miss his practice highlights?

It's the way it normally works but it isnt a formal rule and exceptions are real.
Recovering. My bad. If the one video of his practice highlights is the norm I would assume he would already be on scholarship.

• Haha
Reactions: Roodolf
I find it humorous other posters are already slotting either a 5’11” high schooler or a pwo, after seeing 1 highlight practice video, in the starting line-up ahead of bowen. Bowen showed flashes of some serious potential this season. Maybe nimmers and harding are that good…but color me a little skeptical
I think Nimmers is going to be really good, I don't see him as a 1 though.

I think he'd be a perfect 3rd guard assuming he can use that athleticism to defend and rebound.

Reactions: Rifler and Slim45
I agree. Dasonte looked really good to me. He just made Freshman mistakes that you kind of expect from a point guard. It's very difficult to come in and play PG as a true freshman at the Big Ten level.

I'm hopeful Bowen stays because I see a lot of potential in him. I hope we have the problem of too many good point guards on the roster. With the transfer portal, you won't have that issue long. Someone will transfer out after next year if they're good enough and not getting enough playing time.
The more athletic guards you can play at the same time the better.

The less tall, skinny, slow, unathletic guys you can play together the better.

I think Nimmers is going to be really good, I don't see him as a 1 though.

I think he'd be a perfect 3rd guard assuming he can use that athleticism to defend and rebound.
yeah my post really wasn’t a knock on nimmers or harding. Just humorous to me that posters are mentioning next yrs pg and not even mentioning bowen. The 1 that’s been on campus and actually got playing time and some experience.
Agreed on Nimmers being more of a combo guard, athleticism like his has been significantly lacking on frans teams

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if none of the players being mentioned start next year. I think most likely it will be Perk and Dix starting at the guard positions. They were the 2 best guards this year.
Yeah, Fran will try to start the most seniority and height he can.

Unfortunately that probably means Perk, Payton and Pat at the 1, 2, 3. Which will be a terrible ballhandling and defensive lineup like it was this year.

Reactions: Legs94
Yeah, Fran will try to start the most seniority and height he can.

Unfortunately that probably means Perk, Payton and Pat at the 1, 2, 3. Which will be a terrible ballhandling and defensive lineup like it was this year.
Payton and Pat are really good ball handlers for their size. But when you play Perkins at the point you force them to play up a position, which is no good.

Last edited:

Looks like Perkins will be back. For those that don't know, Jordan works closely with the basketball team for NIL fundraising. He hosts events to try and connect the player's with local businesses and has hosted basketball specific fundraisers for the Swarm recently.

He is one of the organizers for this:

Looks like Perkins will be back. For those that don't know, Jordan works closely with the basketball team for NIL fundraising. He hosts events to try and connect the player's with local businesses and has hosted basketball specific fundraisers for the Swarm recently.

He is one of the organizers for this:

Lets all chip in to send @curtisj57

• Haha
Reactions: RocknRollface
Good to see Perkins will be back. I’m taking it as a good sign that Bowen hasn’t entered the portal yet.

Love that you guys have to go to the NBA to find another guy Sandfort‘s size that handles the ball as well. Proves my point.

Good to see Perkins will be back. I’m taking it as a good sign that Bowen hasn’t entered the portal yet.

Love that you guys have to go to the NBA to find another guy Sandfort‘s size that handles the ball as well. Proves my point.
Just about every major college team has a few 6'7-6'9 wings that can handle the ball as well or better than Sandfort.

In about 5 seconds I can think of Matt Mayer, Jamison Battle, Jett Howard, Malik Hall, Hakim Hart, Sam Griesel, Bryce Sensabaugh, Kris Murray, Tucker DeVries.

Most of us aren't super familiar with college rosters outside the BIG but if you just watch tournament games you'll see its not uncommon.

I have no issue with Sandforts game, he's Iowas best player next year, but he is an average at best ballhandler for a 6'7-8 wing in todays basketball.

A good ballhandler is someone who can break down a defender one on one and get to the hoop.

Last edited:
Just about every major college team has a few 6'7-6'9 wings that can handle the ball as well or better than Sandfort.

In about 5 seconds I can think of Matt Mayer, Jamison Battle, Jett Howard, Malik Hall, Hakim Hart, Sam Griesel, Bryce Sensabaugh, Kris Murray, Tucker DeVries.

Most of us aren't super familiar with college rosters outside the BIG but if you just watch tournament games you'll see its not uncommon.

I have no issue with Sandforts game, he's Iowas best player next year, but he is an average at best ballhandler for a 6'7-8 wing in todays basketball.

A good ballhandler is someone who can break down a defender one on one and get to the hoop.
Lol. Half those guys aren’t even 6’7”. Guys like Kris Murray are no where near the ball handler Sandfort is. You’re smoking mushrooms.

Lol. Half those guys aren’t even 6’7”. Guys like Kris Murray are no where near the ball handler Sandfort is. You’re smoking mushrooms.
Tucker and Sensabaugh are 6'6, rest are 6'7-6'9.

Saying Kris is nowhere near the ballhandler Sandfort is just shows how pointless a conversation this is because its blatantly not accurate.

Reactions: nelly02
Payton is a really good offensive player, but he is a mediocre defensive player. Too slow to guard most 2s, and not physical enough against many 4s. He is a good passer and has good instincts on getting boards. Iowa has a lot of 3s, or big 2s (two Sandforts, Dix, and Patrick). It would be great if one of them could get strong enough to consistently play 4, which has a true freshman right now. We really need a portal 4/5.

Payton is a really good offensive player, but he is a mediocre defensive player. Too slow to guard most 2s, and not physical enough against many 4s. He is a good passer and has good instincts on getting boards. Iowa has a lot of 3s, or big 2s (two Sandforts, Dix, and Patrick). It would be great if one of them could get strong enough to consistently play 4, which has a true freshman right now. We really need a portal 4/5.
I agree. I really think Payton is the right guy to bulk up and man the 4 spot - especially if we don't get a portal 4/5 at this point.

Dembele looks like he can step in for some down low muscle help but needs experience. Freeman has a ton of potential but he needs to get stronger and gain some experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT