ADVERTISEMENT

Under the radar kid

artradley

HR Legend
Apr 26, 2013
I would be curious to know if Brands is looking at Shane Griffith -- 2x NJ state champion. Won at 132 his frosh year, which is a huge accomplishment considering NJ is a top-tier wrestling state with only one division for their state championship. In Mach he won his second title at 138 against a former 2x state champion.

He's tall and lean, I easily seem him at least two or three weight classes up by college, but I don't hear him talked about much.

Don't follow HS too closely, but those are pretty impressive accomplishments for just a soph in NJ. I see intermat has him ranked #3 behind upper classmen Diakomihalis and Pletcher.

I think Penn State is after him and they feel they have a great shot at him, other than that not real sure. Where is Pletcher going?

He goes to Bergen Catholic same school as Suriano.

It will be interesting to see if he's still at BC next season -- the dad had a falling out with the coaches last year.

Disappointing to hear PSU is after him; they probably have a great shot if we're not already in his ear.

Iowa fams know who he.is. What are you getting at?
Prolly 157 jmo

I'm not getting at anything. I've never seen his name mentioned here so I brought him up. My guess is a lot of fans haven't heard of him, because he's not currently a blue chip kid and he's not from the Midwest.

Reactions: Huck
Did you get a chance too ref any of his matches Art?
Not poking fun I believe mr radley is a referee.
go hawks!!

Did you get a chance too ref any of his matches Art?
Not poking fun I believe mr radley is a referee.
go hawks!!

No. I'm not at the level to get invited to BC meets! I don't know the kid or his dad, I simply am very impressed by the kid.

Reactions: pinters
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT