ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATED: Active shooter in Texas school. Multiple people shot.

All other countries haven't figured it out.

Other tools are also used to attack people.

There are already laws against shooting people, and regulating gun ownership, and even where guns are allowed.

The Austin shooter was not legally allowed to buy or carry a handgun in Texas. There's a law against that.

He was not legally permitted to have a firearm on school property. There's a law against that.
No, not all other countries, but all other first world countries. Yes, other tools are used. And they're less lethal. Just look at the charts above. If you can find other data present it.

Every journey begins with a single step. We need to start with stopping the flood of new weapons onto the street. Then we can work on removing the existing ones.
Good luck with that.

The narrative is that only right wing whacko's buy up guns.....I know plenty of lefties that own weapons.

More restrictive gun laws is definitely doable.....any politician advocating confiscating weapons from law abiding citizens will be run out on a rail.

Good luck with that.

The narrative is that only right wing whacko's buy up guns.....I know plenty of lefties that own weapons.

More restrictive gun laws is definitely doable.....any politician advocating confiscating weapons from law abiding citizens will be run out on a rail.
The truth is that there are fewer and fewer people buying guns. All the guns being sold are to a smaller group who are buying more and more guns. The people who are pro-gun and who will defend our insane status-quo is shrinking every year. Eventually we will reach a point where the balance shifts and when it does it will be sudden, just like with gay marriage, etc. It's just a shame that we have to sit here and watch kids die while we wait for the current generation to die off.

Reactions: bhawk24bob
The truth is that there are fewer and fewer people buying guns. All the guns being sold are to a smaller group who are buying more and more guns. The people who are pro-gun and who will defend our insane status-quo is shrinking every year. Eventually we will reach a point where the balance shifts and when it does it will be sudden, just like with gay marriage, etc. It's just a shame that we have to sit here and watch kids die while we wait for the current generation to die off.
El OH El. There were more first time guy buyers during the riots last year than any time in history.

Reactions: ghost80
El OH El. There were more first time guy buyers during the riots last year than any time in history.
...and some of those were people who swore they would never own a gun.

In our circles it is known I'm the "gun guy". Do you know how many anti gunners in 2020 came to me looking for gun advise?

Guess what? I didn't hold it against them and did not even recommend that each of them go buy a gun. Instead I talked to them, heard their who, what, where, and most importantly why and then gave them advise (and sometimes lessons).

Reactions: TennNole17
If you had taken even a basic statistics course you would know that's what is known as an "outlier" and does not affect the overall trend.
EL OH EL.

"The truth is that there are fewer and fewer people buying guns"- you

Highest ever first time buyers- me

"Well that was an outlier".- you

Please address the question of if your intention is to go after illegal or legal firearms.

Last edited:
EL OH EL.

"The truth is that there are fewer and fewer people buying guns"- you

Highest ever first time buyers- me

"Well that was an outlier".- you

Please address the question of if your intention is to go after illegal or legal firearms.
I'm not sure why you're laughing other than you didn't take a statistics class. People felt insecure during Trump's last year and bought guns. That doesn't change the long running trend going back to the 60's. In that time households with a firearm have dropped 10% on average.

Your other question is stupid. I'm not personally going after any firearms and illegal firearms are already illegal by definition.

I'm not sure why you're laughing other than you didn't take a statistics class. People felt insecure during Trump's last year and bought guns. That doesn't change the long running trend going back to the 60's. In that time households with a firearm have dropped 10% on average.

Your other question is stupid. I'm not personally going after any firearms and illegal firearms are already illegal by definition.
EL OH EL. It's ok, you made a claim and are attempting to ignore a record as an outlier, as if outliers are still not part of the data set. You don't just remove it, you can recognize it as an outlier, but it is data that directly contradicts your claim.

Do you want the government to take illegal firearms or all firearms?

Last edited:
That sounds like something somebody who has never legally bought a firearm would say.
100 years ago, that was surely the case. My uncle had a bathroom in his finished basement that was wallpapered with turn of the century Sears catalog prints. You could mail order a shotgun for $12. THAT was ‘no questions asked’, but nowadays?

Do you think this gun nut obtained his firearm via a legal sale? Would you be willing to bet on it?
Theres actually an awesome episode of Always Sunny in Philadelphia where Frank goes on TV to promote gun rights Dee and Dennis set out to buy a gun just to prove a point. Turns out neither of them are actually legally able to attain one so they turn to the streets and try to buy one from the guy that sold them crack in an earlier season episode.

• Haha
Reactions: TennNole17
Do you want the government to take illegal firearms or all firearms?
What do I want personally?
I'd be happy with the Canadian/English or the Australian systems. I think single shot hunting rifles are all that people need and the rest should be banned in 99% of cases. Let people who actually want to hunt hunt and the rest get to join the 21st century. No more extended magazines, no more playing with the line between semi and fully auto weapons.
That's what I want. But I'm willing to compromise. Anything's better than the madness we have now.

What do I want personally?
I'd be happy with the Canadian/English or the Australian systems. I think single shot hunting rifles are all that people need and the rest should be banned in 99% of cases. Let people who actually want to hunt hunt and the rest get to join the 21st century. No more extended magazines, no more playing with the line between semi and fully auto weapons.
That's what I want. But I'm willing to compromise. Anything's better than the madness we have now.
I disagree,but I appreciate you taking the time to type your thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT