ADVERTISEMENT

Us Iowa Fans Should Be MORE Pissed at Kirk and Barta than we are ...

HawkCharlotte

HR MVP
Jul 17, 2005
There are so many young-hungry-intelligent-hardworking football coaches in the country that have ... PAID their dues ... WORKED many different coaching jobs are now are REALLY doing impressive things.

So, when Iowa has an opening for an OC, who do they hire? F***ing hell!!!!!!!!!!! The son of the HC who has NEVER called an offensive play in his life and then the O sinks to the bottom. So, when Iowa has an opening for a QB coach, who do they hire? The same freaking guy who ran the offensive into the freaking ground.

Seeing all the offenses this weekend made me sick. What made me sicker is all the freaking Iowa fans that genuflect before the altar of KF.

Kirk can tell himself whatever he wants, but us Iowa fans were here decades before he even knew of Iowa and will be here decades after he's gone. So, kiss our ass Kirk. Thanks for ruining what so many of us love. Have a nice life with the tens of millions Iowa gave you to only have you piss it down your leg because of your spoiling your rotten kid.

There are so many young-hungry-intelligent-hardworking football coaches in the country that have ... PAID their dues ... WORKED many different coaching jobs are now are REALLY doing impressive things.

So, when Iowa has an opening for an OC, who do they hire? F***ing hell!!!!!!!!!!! The son of the HC who has NEVER called an offensive play in his life and then the O sinks to the bottom. So, when Iowa has an opening for a QB coach, who do they hire? The same freaking guy who ran the offensive into the freaking ground.

Seeing all the offenses this weekend made me sick. What made me sicker is all the freaking Iowa fans that genuflect before the altar of KF.

Kirk can tell himself whatever he wants, but us Iowa fans were here decades before he even knew of Iowa and will be here decades after he's gone. So, kiss our ass Kirk. Thanks for ruining what so many of us love. Have a nice life with the tens of millions Iowa gave you to only have you piss it down your leg because of your spoiling your rotten kid.
Uhhhhm…gee, this is the first I’ve heard of nepotism and incompetence being discussed among Iowa fans. Here I thought most Iowa fans were satisfied with how things are going. 🤔

You’re right. It’s time we Iowa fans stand up and scream we’re no longer going to take it.

Feeling better now? Thanks for all of the new info and thinking. I'm enlightened now.

Reactions: NevadaHawk

I think many kind of knew where this was heading when Kirk named Brian QB coach on top of his OC duties. We just needed to see it play out like it has, so that way we have actual facts to support our claims............just sayin.

You better take stronger meds get a bulk supply. Chances are things ain’t gonna change unless BF taps out himself and goes somewhere. We could only hope…..

Reactions: HawkCharlotte
mad-as-hell-the-network.gif

You better take stronger meds get a bulk supply. Chances are things ain’t gonna change unless BF taps out himself and goes somewhere. We could only hope…..

Meds or lots of beer. I choose beer. Things are gonna change soon ... which is why i needed to vent ... especially after seeing how every other offensive I watched yesterday is lightyears ahead of Brian.

This is Iowa. I mean Iowa the state. Iowa hates change. There are about 750 Pumpkinvilles with a population less than a thousand. Something like 66% live in so-called "urban" areas. In Iowa, an urban area is an incorporated city with a Dollar General. In a few days, a Senator will be re-elected for the 9th time. His 90th birthday will be in less than a year. He will be 95 when his term ends and will be over 100 when his 10th term ends. There is no reason to believe that KF will not be at Iowa into his 70's or 80's. He could possibly pass Joe Paterno's age (84) as a head coach. Take a look at Iowa's supposedly most liberal city that fought change. Marc Moen had to fight for years to have high-rises in Iowa City (10 - 12 floors) built because the city didn't want anything built over 3 - 5 stories. Anything higher than 5 stories would block out the sun. You're not in Kansas anymore but you are in Iowa. It can be a time warp back to 1955.

GB and KF have been riding Phil Parker's coattails for many, many years now. And then as an added slap to PP's face, KF tries to give BF and the offense credit for all those wins that were only wins because of PP and the defense.

Last edited:
A lot of people knew where it was headed when Brian was named OC.
Some even had suspicions earlier when we hired a washed-up old ineffective OC in 2012 who only had a couple years left on his treads.

I still remember GB at the press conference naming BF as our new offensive coordinator. He said something like this: "After a nationwide search, we hired the best man for the job and that is BF." You would think standing in front of a podium lying to the Iowa fan base would have consequences. We can only hope the incompetent GB realizes the mess he enabled, swallows his pride and admits his mistake like he did with Todd Lickliter, and fires BF at the end of this season.

Some even had suspicions earlier when we hired a washed-up old ineffective OC in 2012 who only had a couple years left on his treads.

I still remember GB at the press conference naming BF as our new offensive coordinator. He said something like this: "After a nationwide search, we hired the best man for the job and that is BF." You would think standing in front of a podium lying to the Iowa fan base would have consequences. We can only hope the incompetent GB realizes the mess he enabled, swallows his pride and admits his mistake like he did with Todd Lickliter, and fires BF at the end of this season.
Needs to happen sooner than later to call Kirk’s hand. You need to know what the landscape is before the end of the season. Any firing should include Barta first and BF virtually at the same time. There should be several strategies developed immediately. One should include KF staying on as HC and one without. Programs cannot afford to wait until after the season.

Why would any coach ever want to be OC at Iowa? Outside of money there isn't a single reason in the world for anybody to take that job. Bad for your career and worse for your mental health.
Brian the Boob gets paid almost $1 million a year. That smooths out a lot of ruffled feathers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT