ADVERTISEMENT

US Study: Cisgender Kids (mostly Boys) Are The Majority of Teenagers Getting Gender Affirming Surgery (Absolutely Nobody under 12)

You don't have to trust what I say is true. Research what I say and form your own educated opinion. I work closely with this population and I have my own insight that a parent or trans person does not have.

However, there is a unique perspective to gain from being transgender or being a parent of a transgender. But just being trans does not make you an expert.
I would think a transgender person would be the expert on how gender dysphoria has impacted their life and how the ability to live as their "true" gender has either improved or diminished their life.

I would think a transgender person would be the expert on how gender dysphoria has impacted their life and how the ability to live as their "true" gender has either improved or diminished their life.
Each individual IS able to determine if they have had a positive or negative impact after gender affirming care. The goal is that we compile the data to see if gender affirming care is an effective treatment or not. We skipped the part about researching and compiling the data and went straight to telling every kid that they can decide what gender/sex they want to be without having the data to say it is a safe and effective treatment.

I have no doubt some people out there are satisfied after gender affirming care. But these are the anomaly rather than the norm. My guess is this is more of satisfying a fetish/fantasy rather than really affirming ones gender.

Autogynephilia is a documented condition where one experiences sexual arousal at the idea of having a female body part. This person may experience a positive outcome after surgery, but that doesn't mean the success of a few individuals does not necessarily apply to the general population.

Then you agree with the Democrats. Medical decisions for minors should be left to the individual and their parents not the government.
Not in California. Newsom just signed a bill cutting parents out of that decision. Apparently it’s up to a groomer teacher with anal sex books and whatever mad doctor that’s involved. NOT the parents. You good with that?

It will prohibit school districts from requiring staff to disclose to parents information related to a student's sexual orientation or gender identity,

And yet, you aren't the one treating them.

Or raising them.

Imma guess you think "conversion therapy" is Yippy Skippy, tho....
80ish % of kids who have gender dysphoria who don't receive gender affirming care go on to be gay. So in a way, gender affirming care is converting gay kids to trans.

This board has a transgender poster, posters with transgender children, Doctors, and Gay posters that have more expertise on this subject than most of us on this board. Why should your thoughts on transgender care be more trusted than those with actual personal experience?
Wouldn't their experiences be anecdotal evidence?

Not in California. Newsom just signed a bill cutting parents out of that decision. Apparently it’s up to a groomer teacher with anal sex books and whatever mad doctor that’s involved. NOT the parents. You good with that?

It will prohibit school districts from requiring staff to disclose to parents information related to a student's sexual orientation or gender identity,
Schools aren't giving medical care in California they are simply not outing students to their parents when they confide their feelings to a staff member. Totally different issue than gender affirming treatment.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Schools aren't giving medical care in California they are simply not outing students to their parents when they confide their feelings to a staff member. Totally different issue than gender affirming treatment.
The new law makes the school provide physical and mental medical support for the kids without telling parents about it. Again, you said the government should NOT be involved but only the parents should be. Which is it?

The new law makes the school provide physical and mental medical support for the kids without telling parents about it. Again, you said the government should NOT be involved but only the parents should be. Which is it?
This thread is about medical decisions. Schools and their staff cannot make medical decisions for any student.

It's a false equivalency.

If you want to start a thread about the California law, do so. No one outside of a child's legal guardian can make medical decisions for a minor.

This thread is about medical decisions. Schools and their staff cannot make medical decisions for any student.

It's a false equivalency.

If you want to start a thread about the California law, do so. No one outside of a child's legal guardian can make medical decisions for a minor.
Part of gender affirming care is social transition. If teachers and school staff are assisting with a social transition without the guidance of the doctor and parents, doesn't this mean that they are practicing medicine? Do you trust the school staff and teachers to diagnose a kid and create a gender affirming care treatment plan? One of the only diagnostic criteria to diagnose gender dysphoria is that the patient must not be in a psychotic state. Are teachers and school staff evaluating the mental state of the child? what qualifications do they have to do this? My guess is this will not hold up in court, although california is crazy so who knows.

If you don't think a social transition needs a medical evaluation, then doesn't that mean the whole gender dyphoria diagnosis is a sham (it is). Any diagnosis where the patient is able to self diagnose and the doctor just agrees is a sham.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldmom
Part of gender affirming care is social transition. If teachers and school staff are assisting with a social transition without the guidance of the doctor and parents, doesn't this mean that they are practicing medicine? Do you trust the school staff and teachers to diagnose a kid and create a treatment plan? My guess is this will not hold up in court.
I may have missed it - did you answer the questions posed eariler?

Are you saying this decision should be left to the patient, their parents and their doctor?

So, if you want to be consistent, this surgery for gynecomastia should be elective and not covered by insurance as well. Correct?

If you believe that it couldn’t or won’t EVER
get to that point then fine.
Give me an example of when the government would be paying for a gender affirming surgery? Unless it's a member of the US military it's not happening.

Give me an example of when the government would be paying for a gender affirming surgery? Unless it's a member of the US military it's not happening.
Prisoners.

Yet, due to the recent decision in Kosilek v. Spencer, gender reassignment surgery must now be paid for by the prison system. The consequence of this decision means that taxpayers are now footing the bill for a surgery that transgender people could not get through their own private insurance plan.

Part of gender affirming care is social transition. If teachers and school staff are assisting with a social transition without the guidance of the doctor and parents, doesn't this mean that they are practicing medicine? Do you trust the school staff and teachers to diagnose a kid and create a gender affirming care treatment plan? One of the only diagnostic criteria to diagnose gender dysphoria is that the patient must not be in a psychotic state. Are teachers and school staff evaluating the mental state of the child? what qualifications do they have to do this? My guess is this will not hold up in court, although california is crazy so who knows.

If you don't think a social transition needs a medical evaluation, then doesn't that mean the whole gender dyphoria diagnosis is a sham (it is). Any diagnosis where the patient is able to self diagnose and the doctor just agrees is a sham.
Teachers aren't going to start a social transitioning plan on their own. Have you been around teenagers? If a student starts dressing as a different gender or answering to a different name it won't be a secret long. Other kids will share with their parents the changes and it won't be long until everyone knows including the child's parents.

We have talked about social transitioning here before and can again, but this thread has been about the rarity of gender affirming surgery and whether the choice should be left up to families or the government.

Prisoners.

Yet, due to the recent decision in Kosilek v. Spencer, gender reassignment surgery must now be paid for by the prison system. The consequence of this decision means that taxpayers are now footing the bill for a surgery that transgender people could not get through their own private insurance plan.

How much does that cost us?

Teachers aren't going to start a social transitioning plan on their own. Have you been around teenagers? If a student starts dressing as a different gender or answering to a different name it won't be a secret long. Other kids will share with their parents the changes and it won't be long until everyone knows including the child's parents.

We have talked about social transitioning here before and can again, but this thread has been about the rarity of gender affirming surgery and whether the choice should be left up to families or the government.
Yes they do. Here’s one who got sued for doing it.

Prisoners.

Alright, but this thread is about the government restricting gender affirming surgery for minors. If you want to talk about banning surgery for adult prisoners, start a new thread.

Why the need to pass the law in California then

Yes they do. Here’s one who got sued for doing it.

Guess what the parents found out because that teacher was clueless that other kids would tell. No surgery was preformed so it doesn't really fit in this thread.

Alright, but this thread is about the government restricting gender affirming surgery for minors. If you want to talk about banning surgery for adult prisoners, start a new thread.

I’m responding to something YOU said. You said “Give me an example of when the government would be paying for a gender affirming surgery? Unless it's a member of the US military it's not happening.” And I gave you an example.

Why are you talking about the military but I’m not supposed to mention prisoners. They’re all adults. And you introduced them to the thread. Same as my initial response to your other post.

I’m responding to something YOU said. You said “Give me an example of when the government would be paying for a gender affirming surgery? Unless it's a member of the US military it's not happening.” And I gave you an example.

Why are you talking about the military but I’m not supposed to mention prisoners. They’re all adults. And you introduced them to the thread. Same as my initial response to your other post.
How much does that cost us, as taxpayers?

Guess what the parents found out because that teacher was clueless that other kids would tell. No surgery was preformed so it doesn't really fit in this thread.
Again…you said “Teachers aren’t gonna start a social transitioning program on their own”. A teacher convinced a student to tape her tits down with a binder. What the hell do you call that?

Because military members often provide the insurance for their families which include minor children.

Again…you said “Teachers aren’t gonna start a social transitioning program on their own”. A teacher convinced a student to tape her tits down with a binder. What the hell do you call that?
A clueless teacher as I said in my post. Still no medical decisions were made by school staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT