ADVERTISEMENT

Wagner at Practice Today...

According to Jellyfish10, "Lots of 'F' words being used." I presume those would be
"F" words like...fabulous, fantastic, fervent, felicitous, fearless, first-class, flashy, flawless, fleet, focused, formidable, and fun? Fantastical... ;)

But really, other "F" words, IMHO of course, have no more business on the football field than they do in the classroom. Teaching is teaching, and good coaching is teaching.

KF says he's not just building football players, he's building men. Well, maybe a ban on the infamous "F" word would be an effective building block in that process.

I had the misfortune of attending several football practices--all of which were open in those days--that were directed by short-term head coach Frank Lauterbur. His staff swore so much that it made Andrew Dice Clay blush.

I've played and I've coached, and I never found swearing helpful in either role. Like I said, the football field is just another classroom, and it should be treated as such...IMHO.

Shut up, Flanders.

According to Jellyfish10, "Lots of 'F' words being used." I presume those would be
"F" words like...fabulous, fantastic, fervent, felicitous, fearless, first-class, flashy, flawless, fleet, focused, formidable, and fun? Fantastical... ;)

But really, other "F" words, IMHO of course, have no more business on the football field than they do in the classroom. Teaching is teaching, and good coaching is teaching.

KF says he's not just building football players, he's building men. Well, maybe a ban on the infamous "F" word would be an effective building block in that process.

I had the misfortune of attending several football practices--all of which were open in those days--that were directed by short-term head coach Frank Lauterbur. His staff swore so much that it made Andrew Dice Clay blush.

I've played and I've coached, and I never found swearing helpful in either role. Like I said, the football field is just another classroom, and it should be treated as such...IMHO.
You were never a Drill Sergeant or a recruit I take it in the military.

LBs were Welch, Jones, and Colbert with Mends and Hockaday sprinkled in...got a bunch more info and will share later.

Btw, my ‘birdie’ talked to Wagner.
This is getting good. You might want to take your personal pic off your profile on here. National Reconnaissance Office may have you on their radar. Could follow you to your source and shut him up. High value info Jellyfish!

Like, “Who can f’ing punt!”

I sleep deprived and take this with a grain but my birdie said the following...

1st team WRs looked good. Impressed with Easley and BSmith. Not impressed with 2nd team WR. Smith didn’t drop a ball but very few deep balls.

Both lines looked good and thought Nixon not playing wasn’t the worst thing ever. Good depth there.

This might break the innerwebz, but a new appreciation for JG at safety. A leader, makes all the calls, and practices his ass off.

Dillon Doyle at lb looked great. Needs to add weight but the bird was really impressed. Thinks he will be a stud.

Unhappy with a starting cb (not naming names) and that he had a poor attitude and seemed disinterested. Got into it with another teammate and when the teammate went to apologize, said db just walked away.

Petras may be a little taller than NS. Looked like he was in good shape with a good arm.

As far as AW goes, bird talked to him and he hasn’t made up his mind. AW said he is looking at WR not TE. AW met with Copeland and Doyle. From what I gather, the decision to play hoops was more of a lack of high major offers for FB until late interest was shown. Talked about eligibility as far as 2 years to play if he stays.

Ross squatting around 650#.

One db was told 4 plays in a row to get of the f’n field if he couldn’t guard a freshman. Same guy struggled with the calls.

RBs solid but not spectacular.

There’s more but my brain is mush right now.

1st team WRs looked good. Impressed with Easley and BSmith. Not impressed with 2nd team WR. Smith didn’t drop a ball but very few deep balls.

Both lines looked good and thought Nixon not playing wasn’t the worst thing ever. Good depth there.

This might break the innerwebz, but a new appreciation for JG at safety. A leader, makes all the calls, and practices his ass off.

Dillon Doyle at lb looked great. Needs to add weight but the bird was really impressed. Thinks he will be a stud.

Unhappy with a starting cb (not naming names) and that he had a poor attitude and seemed disinterested. Got into it with another teammate and when the teammate went to apologize, said db just walked away.

Petras may be a little taller than NS. Looked like he was in good shape with a good arm.

As far as AW goes, bird talked to him and he hasn’t made up his mind. AW said he is looking at WR not TE. AW met with Copeland and Doyle. From what I gather, the decision to play hoops was more of a lack of high major offers for FB until late interest was shown. Talked about eligibility as far as 2 years to play if he stays.

One db was told 4 plays in a row to get of the f’n field if he couldn’t guard a freshman. Same guy struggled with the calls.

Thanks to you and your birdie. For Hawkeye addicts like myself, you're supplying me (and presumably the rest of us) with a much needed fix!

Mansell threw well during INDY drills but didn’t have much to work with on 7 on 7!drills.

Ross Reynolds?

Jellyfish justifying the cost of a subscription in one night.
giphy.gif

I would bet the CB that had an attitude problem will get it rectified real quick by the staff F Bombs included. Iowa doesn't let cancerous behavior to teammates go . That will be rectified real fast.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Can I just say I have a source?

This is what I have been told...

No 1 O and D looked really good and both lines looked good. No 2 offense did not. Concern at CB and WR. Petras can really sling it and Mansell has not looked at as good. I don’t want anyone to get carried away, just passing along what a little birdie told me.
Love little birdies!!!

44988308-psst-psst-a-little-birdie-told-me-that-someone-special-wants-this-image-.jpg

Oh no, not at all. I just linked this thread there and tagged you in it, saying you had some good info over here. Thank you.

Thought for sure I was going to HR prison. My bird is someone I hold in very high regard and I wish I would have recorded the conversation. I have some other info but I don’t feel comfortable sharing out of respect for him.

Stanley a 65 yd QB read for a td.

Lots of f words being used.

This surprises me. Was the defense off getting water? I love that he can make all the throws and that he’s strong enough to throw TDs with guys literally hanging off him, but I haven’t seen anything from his game that screams “running threat.” This is either extremely awesome or troubling that this happened.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Mum's the word; well, actually Bird is the word.
I would bet the CB that had an attitude problem will get it rectified real quick by the staff F Bombs included. Iowa doesn't let cancerous behavior to teammates go . That will be rectified real fast.

Again not trying to make something bigger than it is...bird was just disappointed in his disposition and seemingly lack of interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT