ADVERTISEMENT

WBB 2017-18 Season

USA Today votes a five team 1st Team All American team. That leaves Megan in the top 10. Some vote a larger 1st team. Hopefully she makes one of those.

Reactions: iarick
Selection Monday! Projecting as a 5 to 7 seed. Most likely a 6.

Great seed but please let Charlie Crème be wrong on the matchup. I don't get South Dakota State as an 11 seed and first round opponent. They play in a lesser conference, but their RPI is only 28 compared to Iowa's 21. And they beat Iowa here a year ago in the Hawkeye Challenge with most of the same players. This smacks of Iowa getting the short end of a bracket fix.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/bracketology

Reactions: Row55
What hoops do I have to jump through to watch the women's selection show online Monday at 6:00 CDT? It is marked with a key so that means I have to pay?

The 2018 Women’s NCAA Basketball Tournament Selection Show can be streamed online on WatchESPN.
Agree on SDSU. They are always a tough out. They won their conference tourney by beating SD , who was the conference champ. As a side note Tagyn Larsen had 13 points in that game.

Last edited:
Iowa Women's BBall retweeted
Her Hoop Stats Her Hoop Stats
@herhoopstats
22h
That's right @RebeccaLobo, @GustafsonMeg10 is the most efficient scorer in the country. She averages 1.39 points each time she tries to shoot, including when fouled. All her stats at herhoopstats.com/player/1735867 @IowaWBB stats: herhoopstats.com/team/312 @ncaawbb @ESPN_WomenHoop
View details ·

I saw that Rutgers had turned down the NIT invitation. Ouch! Must have been in protest.

Rutgers had the dubious honor of being the highest RPI team (#40) to not be selected for the NCAA tournament. They had an excellent non-conference season but fell apart down the stretch, losing 10 of their last 14 games. I guess how you finish still matters to the women's selection committee. This was supposed to be a comeback year for Coach Stringer. They had several transfers who became eligible this season.

So Vivian is stuck on 997 career wins until next year. She said she wanted the record to come in the NCAA tournament, not the WNIT.

Oklahoma was the team that supposedly took Rutgers' place. Had they been left out, that would have been a #35 RPI team with a winning conference record in a P5 conference.

Creighton has very good 3 point shooters. I look for Iowa to play some sort of 4-1 defense with Megan cleaning in the middle. Need the longest arms to play this type of team defense effectively when they are shooting well.

I watched Drake on 790 (Directtv) today and Iowa game is scheduled tomorrow at 5:15 PM.

I watched Drake on 790 (Directtv) today and Iowa game is scheduled tomorrow at 5:15 PM.
That channel is part of an ESPN college package. Assuming you have it. We do not and the onscreen message informed us of that. Streamed it though. Jennie’s team played a great game. Hope our kids play as smart and hard tomorrow.

That channel is part of an ESPN college package. Assuming you have it. We do not and the onscreen message informed us of that. Streamed it though. Jennie’s team played a great game. Hope our kids play as smart and hard tomorrow.
Where did you stream it? We have no cable and hope to watch the Iowa women’s game.

ESPN is showing the game is at 4:30 instead of 5:00.
I'm a little confused by that, too. ESPN2 is showing the NCAA wrestling championship final round at 7 (Iowa's Spencer Lee will be in the first match), so they don't want those games running late. UCLA plays before us, starting at 230 CDT, so they cannot completely control when our game starts.

For those who are looking for real help finding a game-watch location, here you are...

Tim Long [copied from Facebook]
I will be working at the VFW on hwy 6 in Iowa City today. The game will be on, I will not change the channel. You don't have to be a member to come in and you don't have to have a drink I just love having people around that love women's basketball as much as me.
Game time is 1PM. So, come in and join us in cheering on the Hawkeyes over stinky Illinois! if we win, I'll buy you a beer! I'll be the guy behind the bar!
Don’t forget about the VFW on Hwy 6 if you live near IC. I would be there for every game watch if I lived in the area. Tim Long sounds like my kind of fan.

I do not have ESPN college package. I think they are just using those channels as overflow. Drake played great, but AM had huge advantage on home court and much longer players. I would like to see Jenny B coaching Iowa some day (sooner the better IMO).

Twitter just said 5:15https://twitter.com/IowaWBB/status/975040012143149057?s=20

We ended up trying Big Grove Brewery in Solon, but crowded and loud. If we got seated we would be lucky to see a tv. We are at Frida’s in Solon with our party of 6. They graciously put on ESPN2. No game yet.

Satellite is running the national game. Local cable provider have regional game. This sucks, so disappointed. Direct tv sucks!

Is available on WatchESPN. As might be expected with a 2 week layoff, Hawks look a bit stale.

9 turnovers at the half. Our shooting % is good but the Jays have taken 7 more shots. Going to take a better half to avoid an L.

Guards are really hurting this team. Zero penetration, can't get open, and loose with the ball when passing. This team is one trick pony and that is MG. Does not bode well for NCAA wins unfortunately.

Turnovers and shoddy perimeter defense, they got to tighten it up & get their hands up on shooters as too often hands aren't up.

Reactions: JAMAM
Yep, I noticed that in the first half, Creighton guards with their hands up, us not so much. Hate to say it, but we're flat getting outplayed, and will need a super 4th quarter to avoid a 1 and done.

Guards are really hurting this team. Zero penetration, can't get open, and loose with the ball when passing. This team is one trick pony and that is MG. Does not bode well for NCAA wins unfortunately.

They are a player or 2 short of being really good. Bluder has done a nice job with what they have. Gustafson is a generational player. Opponents aren't made to pay for guarding her with 2 1/2 players every possession. She has 25 points on 13 shots. She could get 40 in this game easily if Iowa could space the floor with some shooting.

Reactions: haightt
Sagging defense has killed Iowa. Creighton finally hitting their shots off those screens.

I give Creighton credit for making their multi-high screen middle school offense work. Iowa can't defend it.

Reactions: JAMAM
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT