ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting 2017 and On

Her mother is a Gopher alum. I never read anything that indicated that Iowa had offered her.

That's correct about her mother. It was my understanding they offered both her & Zoe with them both visiting together too.

"Good dads" don't behave so atrociously at games - to officials, coaches, other parents, teammates of his daughters, and even his daughters - that he has to be required to sit next to the AD or other school administrator if he wants to attend home games.

Reactions: terrehawk
Iowa Women's Basketball announced that Hannah and Kathleen will be the captains.

Good choices! Only one senior on the team this year in Chase Coley, now that Christina Buttenham is out with concussions. Still glad they picked a sophomore and junior who have earned it.

Yes, because the definition of a good dad, in this case, is whether his kids wanted to play at Iowa and could not, because of their dad. You might want to rethink that comment...............

lol

Last edited:
Matyson Wilke
Year 2021
Bio Current offers from North Dakota, Marquette, Wisconsin, UW-Green Bay, and Iowa. Also participates in track, softball, and cross country
Height 5'10
School Beaver Dam HS (WI)

Raoul
@Raoul_000
Sep 12
WBB: Ari Wiggins, 5-8 PG, Heritage Christian Sch. (IN-2021) —Offers: Colo, ILL, Ind, Iowa, L'ville, UMD, Michigan, Mich St., Purdue, S. Car.

A lot of 2021 offers being announced. Blue Star report:
Ally Van Timmeren – 2021 – 6-2 – G/F – Jenison Middle School – Lefty…Very good athlete…Lean and long…Plays hard and does extra…Very coachable…Handles the ball…Passes it well…Smooth pull up and three point look…Attacks the basket with long strides…Plays D…Rebounds …Competes often and aggressively… Must get better finishing with her right hand…Uses pivot well to go left…Understands the game and asks questions…Clear top tier potential

Reactions: cyberhawk
How many offers does Iowa have out to Iowa girls? I know there is the girl from Des Moines who is a soph this year. How many more?

Sad to see Houston quit. Someone predicted that on here shortly after she committed. Its the snowflake generation and if you don't get what you want you quit. She has the perfect Iowa parents.
How many offers does Iowa have out to Iowa girls? I know there is the girl from Des Moines who is a soph this year. How many more?

Megahawk, Iowa doesn't recruit Iowa kids until they offer every other player in the country. They figure the out-of-state kids haven't heard about the nonsense. Iowa couldn't get Joens #19, Berg #39, Verbeek #68, Koudelka #76, Young #38. Kids talk and when you lie to one that gets out.

Reactions: jimbo V
Megahawk,
Don't pay any attention to Non(sense) posters. Iowa currently has a commitment from Logan Cook who is the daughter of Marv Cook and is right there in Iowa City. Caitlyn Clark is the sophomore from DM who has an offer. Also, the notion that Iowa has offered all of the other players in the country is pure fiction from a disgruntled forum member who claims to only tell the truth.

Reactions: BGHAWK and megahawk
Megahawk,
Don't pay any attention to Non(sense) posters. Iowa currently has a commitment from Logan Cook who is the daughter of Marv Cook and is right there in Iowa City. Caitlyn Clark is the sophomore from DM who has an offer. Also, the notion that Iowa has offered all of the other players in the country is pure fiction from a disgruntled forum member who claims to only tell the truth.

This. He needs some whine with his cheese. And as far as his comments on Naya, he has no freaking clue. Period.

Reactions: hawkahawk
Sad to see Houston quit. Someone predicted that on here shortly after she committed. Its the snowflake generation and if you don't get what you want you quit. She has the perfect Iowa parents.
What do you mean she has the perfect Iowa parents? Elaborate, please?

Megahawk, Iowa doesn't recruit Iowa kids until they offer every other player in the country. They figure the out-of-state kids haven't heard about the nonsense. Iowa couldn't get Joens #19, Berg #39, Verbeek #68, Koudelka #76, Young #38. Kids talk and when you lie to one that gets out.
What is this lie you are talking about?

Megahawk,
The two Meyer girls from Mason City probably count as two more in-staters.

giphy.gif

Reactions: SynergyHawk12
Here is a summary of offers and commitments...

2025 (HS 2021 offers)
F Alyssa VanTimmeren
G Greta Kampschroeder
G Matyson Wilke
G Ari Wiggins

2024 (HS 2020 offers)
F Kendall Bostic
W Madison Layden
W Sydney Parrish
W Emily Cavey
G Shelby Calhoun
G Caitlyn Clark
G Paige Buecker

2023 (HS 2019 offers)
C Cindi Dodd
F Jorie Allen
F Rickea Jackson
W Breanna Beal
W McKenna Warnock
W Amaya Hamilton
W Zoe Zacker
G Sydney Hilliard
G Kaylah Rainey

2023 (HS 2019 committed)
G Megan Meyer

2022 (HS 2018 offer)
G Tomi Taiwo

2022 (HS 2018 committed)
P Monika Czinano
F Logan Cook
W Kate Martin

These are the ones I know of. Does anyone know if I have missed someone? Is Iowa down to only one offer for 2018?

2025 (HS 2021 offers)
F Alyssa VanTimmeren
G Greta Kampschroeder
G Matyson Wilke
G Ari Wiggins

2024 (HS 2020 offers)
F Kendall Bostic
W Madison Layden
W Sydney Parrish
W Emily Cavey
G Shelby Calhoun
G Caitlyn Clark
G Paige Buecker

2023 (HS 2019 offers)
C Cindi Dodd
F Jorie Allen
F Rickea Jackson
W Breanna Beal
W McKenna Warnock
W Amaya Hamilton
W Zoe Zacker
G Sydney Hilliard
G Kaylah Rainey

2023 (HS 2019 committed)
G Megan Meyer

2022 (HS 2018 offer)
G Tomi Taiwo

2022 (HS 2018 committed)
P Monika Czinano
F Logan Cook
W Kate Martin

These are the ones I know of. Does anyone know if I have missed someone? Is Iowa down to only one offer for 2018?
pretty much

pretty much proved my theory, that the Iowa coaches don't offer iowa players until they offer everyone else in the country. 1 ia Hs player. You also forgot they have an offer out to 7th grader that will go to Wash, so theres another.

2025 (HS 2021 offers)
F Alyssa VanTimmeren
G Greta Kampschroeder
G Matyson Wilke
G Ari Wiggins

2024 (HS 2020 offers)
F Kendall Bostic
W Madison Layden
W Sydney Parrish
W Emily Cavey
G Shelby Calhoun
G Caitlyn Clark
G Paige Buecker

2023 (HS 2019 offers)
C Cindi Dodd
F Jorie Allen
F Rickea Jackson
W Breanna Beal
W McKenna Warnock
W Amaya Hamilton
W Zoe Zacker
G Sydney Hilliard
G Kaylah Rainey

2023 (HS 2019 committed)
G Megan Meyer

2022 (HS 2018 offer)
G Tomi Taiwo

2022 (HS 2018 committed)
P Monika Czinano
F Logan Cook
W Kate Martin

Word is Shateah Wetering from Montezuma has an offer. She had
a huge summer with the All Iowa Attack and those in Ames this past weekend say she has elevated to the top team.

Ashton Verhulst 2020 G/F 6-1 Kansas
Ashton Verhulst – 2020 – 6-1 – Forward – Kansas Eclipse – Active forward…Post moves are in place…Hook with both hands…Strong passing skills…Good instincts

Cydni Dodd named a list of 15. The hawks are on it.
Sisters Maya (6-1 F 2020) and Jada (6-2 F 2022) Gyamfi from Urbandale.
Sara Zabrecky (5-8 G 2020) from Indiana.

Well said. They are extremely nice kids and well mannered. They spend all their "extra" time, when not in school, studying or working, in the gym. Only Iowa has admittedly not recruited the Joens girls due to Mr. Joens. If costing his kids opportunities is represented by one daughter getting a scholarship to play at Illinois and the other at Iowa State, I would say they have fared pretty well. Could be he is an "ass" to a lot of people (I don't know the man) but is a responsible and very good dad. After seeing some of today's youth running around out there............give me the good dad.
Sounds like this a-hole was fortunate to get the right woman pregnant. Lucky for the girls. It must be embarrassing to have him as a husband and father.

Reactions: BGHAWK
pretty much proved my theory, that the Iowa coaches don't offer iowa players until they offer everyone else in the country. 1 ia Hs player. You also forgot they have an offer out to 7th grader that will go to Wash, so theres another.
Mr. Joens,
Your daughter is at ISU, right?

Why the hell are you here constantly?

Are you off the meds?

Drunk posting?

A meth addict?

Or is your insane ego so big that you juat cant help your self?

Your children have to be extemely embarrassed to know that their father makes an ass out of himself on an iowa basketball message board.

Maybe a little self reflection would be in order here. Seek help.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Nonposter—not Mr. Joens trust me on this.....Connecticut has 500,000 more people than Iowa and NO Connecticut girls on their team, Tennessee is twice the population of Iowa and has 2 Tennessee girls on their team. Not all teams get players instate especially when you have 4 D1 teams in the state.

Take Ashton Verhulst off the board. she elected to stay in state and gave a verbal to Kansas State.

Raoul
@Raoul_000
6h
WBB: Iowa has offered Damiya Hageman, 5-7 PG, Detroit Edison HS (MI-2021); previous offers include Michigan, Ohio State, UDM, and DePaul

Damiya Hageman 2021 Michigan Crossover 14U
Hageman is so skilled for an 8th grader. She saw the floor well all weekend! A floor general, she runs the offense well. Her quick ball handling skills freed her up to penetrate and kick the ball out to her open teammates for easy layups. She also showed her three point shooting ability by knocking down several open shots. Damiya made the big plays on the court!
And her Detroit Edison teammate,
Rickea Jackson 2019 Wing Forward Michigan Crossover 16U EYBL
Rickea showed why she is one of the nation’s top players in Saturday’s matchup with 1Nation Elite. She gave a valiant effort as she led a short-handed Crossover team against a very talented 1Nation Elite squad. Her game high 23 points weren’t enough to overtake 1Nation in a 77-66 loss, but her ability to score in bunches kept the crowd captivated until the end. With Crossover down by as many as twenty in the first half, Jackson brought her team back within striking distance with 14 second half points.
Both with Iowa offers. Same AAU team as Tania and Alexis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT