ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting 2017 and On

Looks good. 11 scholarship players, 1 possible walk-on for 2017-18.
Most reports have Logan Cook at 6-1.

Looks good. 11 scholarship players, 1 possible walk-on for 2017-18.
Most reports have Logan Cook at 6-1.
She is closer to 6'1 than 6'3. I have heard a few fans talk as if the team has a new post. I haven't read anything publicly on how Coach Bluder plans on using her, but in my opinion she will not be a back to the basket type of player. Definitely a wing or strectch 4.

She reminds me of Kelly Krei coming out of high school, but with a quicker release.

West High floated her around the lane last year, mostly out of necessity.
But they didn't really feed the ball to her there. She seemed more comfortable facing the basket.

Exactly. She prefers to face up.

What you call floating her around the lane was born out of necessity. Logan just wasn't able to hold position in the blocks effectively enough to receive the ball, much less make a power move.

Offensively her game is almost built as an off guard, but I don't think her footwork is quick enough to guard that position at the other end of the court.

Ideally she probably fits the 3 at the college level. But Coach Bluder has a history of putting similar athletes at the 4.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Iowa is recruiting a coming sophomore named Emily Cavey out of Berthoud Colorado. Her sister plays for Fresno. Pretty funny that her parents were Cyclone fans. I grew up in Iowa and would love to see her go there. I got a call from her dad, he knows I love the hawks.

Reactions: cyberhawk
Zoe Young commits to Maryland. Iowa loses another local recruit. Tom Davis lost his job for not being able to recruit the best local talent.

Non posters, Please go away. We all know who you are and we all know what your ax to grind is about. Either find a new cause or contribute in a better way as your schtick is very old and unwanted.
You will now go back to ignore and I suggest everyone else does the same.
Go visit other sites that you care about their teams, because you sure have a spiteful dislike for Iowa.

Non posters, Please go away. We all know who you are and we all know what your ax to grind is about. Either find a new cause or contribute in a better way as your schtick is very old and unwanted.
Go visit other sites that you care about their teams, because you sure have a spiteful dislike for Iowa.
i always thought you liked my cutting edge info?

It's a message board, if you don't like what you read, then ignore it. Some of with your titles like "legend" or "all state" let it go to your head and you feel the need to condemn others if you don't approve of what they say. I don't know who this guy is, although it's pretty obvious to others who he is, but I am entertained by his posts and even more by how he irritates the rest of you. I say post on "Rookie".......dig at the scab!! And if I do get tired of what he contributes.......I will ignore him!!! Not be all high and mighty and tell him how wrong he is to have a thought.

Reactions: BKL
Shes a lot more local to ISU than she is to Iowa
And Drake too.

Iowa can recruit only a few players each year. They already have Megan Meyer for 2019 and many other very good prospects with offers. Also, many highly rated preps develop early and peak early. Others develop later and peak higher. In the case of Zoe Young, her rating has already declined. I am not at all concerned that she and others have chosen to go elsewhere. As far as I'm concerned, it is for the best and Iowa will be just fine.

It's a message board, if you don't like what you read, then ignore it. Some of with your titles like "legend" or "all state" let it go to your head and you feel the need to condemn others if you don't approve of what they say. I don't know who this guy is, although it's pretty obvious to others who he is, but I am entertained by his posts and even more by how he irritates the rest of you. I say post on "Rookie".......dig at the scab!! And if I do get tired of what he contributes.......I will ignore him!!! Not be all high and mighty and tell him how wrong he is to have a thought.

He constantly rags on Lisa Bluder and the Iowa women. It's gets old and he offers nothing. If you enjoy it, good for you.

I only post what I know to be true. the rest of you post things that will never happen. sorry if you don't like it, but Vivian Stringer is gone.

He constantly rags on Lisa Bluder and the Iowa women. It's gets old and he offers nothing. If you enjoy it, good for you.
It's a message board.......not a only say something nice and rah rah board. Lisa Bluder could care less what anyone on this board thinks or says, you shouldn't care either.

Has Zoe Young actually committed to any team? I haven't seen this reported anywhere. Not local to Iowa but why wouldn't it be reported nationally?

I do ignore you. You bring nothing. You just offer worthless insight and have done it so frequently the board has given you "legend" status. Which I am sure plays up big with your ego. But, that is the arena in which the message board world spins. Back to ignoring the ignorant.........

Thank you - appreciate it.

Has Zoe Young actually committed to any team? I haven't seen this reported anywhere. Not local to Iowa but why wouldn't it be reported nationally?

Yes, she committed to Maryland recently along with another top ranked point guard.

Would have been nice if any of the Joens girls had been viable recruits, but as toxic as their family is very few coaches want to deal with them.
I had a little encounter with the dad this summer. He told me Brea Beal wasn't playing that day in Johnston because she didn't want to match up against his daughter. I said she plays for her AAU team in the summer and I highly doubt she's afraid of playing anybody. "Well if she wasn't she would have been here." Brea's dad got a laugh of out of it later.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
I had a little encounter with the dad this summer. He told me Brea Beal wasn't playing that day in Johnston because she didn't want to match up against his daughter. I said she plays for her AAU team in the summer and I highly doubt she's afraid of playing anybody. "Well if she wasn't she would have been here." Brea's dad got a laugh of out of it later.

Brian has been an asshole his entire life...now it doesn't just affect him, but his kids as well.

Reactions: AZmess
Brian has been an asshole his entire life...now it doesn't just affect him, but his kids as well.
From everything I can tell from watching the girls, and from what I have been told, they are pretty nice girls.

Yep...but I know some coaches have shied away from recruiting them as they don't want to deal with Brian. Fennelly and he will probably come to blows at some point.
Yeah, that isn't going to go well. I didn't know Fennelly was as feisty as he is until recently.

I've heard Fennelly has calmed down a bit since his cancer scare a couple of years ago. Still that relationship should be amusing to watch from a distance for the next couple of years.

Did someone visit this past weekend? Saturday when I was walking up Grand to Kinnick, I saw the entire coaching staff in a group walk out of the Petersen dorm and head toward the stadium.

Did someone visit this past weekend? Saturday when I was walking up Grand to Kinnick, I saw the entire coaching staff in a group walk out of the Petersen dorm and head toward the stadium.

I know Kate Martin was here for an official visit. Probably others as well.

From everything I can tell from watching the girls, and from what I have been told, they are pretty nice girls.
Well said. They are extremely nice kids and well mannered. They spend all their "extra" time, when not in school, studying or working, in the gym. Only Iowa has admittedly not recruited the Joens girls due to Mr. Joens. If costing his kids opportunities is represented by one daughter getting a scholarship to play at Illinois and the other at Iowa State, I would say they have fared pretty well. Could be he is an "ass" to a lot of people (I don't know the man) but is a responsible and very good dad. After seeing some of today's youth running around out there............give me the good dad.

I wonder if the girls would have like to have been recruited to play at Iowa. If dad is the problem that kept that from happening, then I question if that's a good dad.

Well said. They are extremely nice kids and well mannered. They spend all their "extra" time, when not in school, studying or working, in the gym. Only Iowa has admittedly not recruited the Joens girls due to Mr. Joens. If costing his kids opportunities is represented by one daughter getting a scholarship to play at Illinois and the other at Iowa State, I would say they have fared pretty well. Could be he is an "ass" to a lot of people (I don't know the man) but is a responsible and very good dad. After seeing some of today's youth running around out there............give me the good dad.
There are miles between the dad and Ames and C-U. (or U-C),Therein lies the answer. Nobody said the girls weren't nice or didn't fare well.

I wonder if the girls would have like to have been recruited to play at Iowa. If dad is the problem that kept that from happening, then I question if that's a good dad.
Yes, because the definition of a good dad, in this case, is whether his kids wanted to play at Iowa and could not, because of their dad. You might want to rethink that comment...............

There are miles between the dad and Ames and C-U. (or U-C),Therein lies the answer. Nobody said the girls weren't nice or didn't fare well.
.....And I didn't say that anyone on the board said they weren't nice or didn't fare well. I was complimenting Paris on his post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT