ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting 2017 and On

where do you believe Matt Bain got his info? Bluder is taking a lot of guff about her recruiting. So the sports info guy set up a meeting that made it look like Bluder was doing a great job of recruiting. Truth is 1/2 to 3/4 of those girls that have gotten offers to Iowa will never even visit there. Truth is Bluder hasn't beaten any BCS schools to land a recruit for over a year and a half. If you take Doyle, and Gustafson off this team they would be lucky to beat a Iowa High School all-star team.

where do you believe Matt Bain got his info? Bluder is taking a lot of guff about her recruiting. So the sports info guy set up a meeting that made it look like Bluder was doing a great job of recruiting. Truth is 1/2 to 3/4 of those girls that have gotten offers to Iowa will never even visit there. Truth is Bluder hasn't beaten any BCS schools to land a recruit for over a year and a half. If you take Doyle, and Gustafson off this team they would be lucky to beat a Iowa High School all-star team.
Yes, let"s take Gustafson off the team. Tiny, tiny school. What did you predict for her when recruited?

Tiny school. Can't compete in the B1G. Never amount to anything. Wasted scholarship. Etc

First, I have not heard that Coach Bluder was "taking a lot of guff about her recruiting" It is only you. Your perception is warped. From what I have heard, it is quite the opposite. She is getting a lot of praise. Everyone knows why certain local players were not recruited. It is because of their intolerable overbearing irrational father. So if you want to blame somebody for that, blame him.

Second, that is not to mention that you originally claimed that she wrote the article and now admit that she didn't. That was just a sarcastic cynical hyperbole (exaggeration), wasn't it? Let me guess, you didn't really know anything about the player from Spain either, now did you?

Also, to answer your question, I believe that Matthew Bain got most of his information like others 'in-the-know' in this forum, from the WWW such as recruiting services, social media and local sports news sites. (Most of what was written was already mentioned by someone in this forum.) In addition, since he is a reporter, he probably also has access to the 'horse's mouths' (the players themselves). Does that explain your question?

Furthermore, regret giving you the benefit of doubt.

Finally, Ignore!

Last edited:

Please link where Lisa is taking a lot of guff about recruiting. You haven't linked for someone above one of your lies, so I doubt you are going to provide one here. bye bye

Reactions: cyberhawk
Oakhawk or anyone... Arieal Scott (IL - 2018) has reopened her recruitment after committing to Duke. One of the best shooters in her class that I believe Iowa was in on, any word if they are back on her list?

They were in on Scott very early, then she blew up over last summer. I don't know if they are back in the mix, but she did have interest in Iowa and visited here. Great shooter. I thought she was going to be the next Melissa Dixon for Iowa and then she had a great summer and got nationwide interest.
With all she has gone through in her life, you have to pull for her, wherever she ends up.
http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...07/zilis-basketball-not-just-game-family.html

Last edited:
Reactions: remerson
Ariel is a very interesting girl. She would fit in very well with Iowa's other recent recruits.
They were in on Scott very early, then she blew up over last summer. I don't know if they are back in the mix, but she did have interest in Iowa and visited here. Great shooter. I thought she was going to be the next Melissa Dixon for Iowa and then she had a great summer and got nationwide interest.
With all she has gone through in her life, you have to pull for her, wherever she ends up.
http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/...07/zilis-basketball-not-just-game-family.html

Danny Riego @dannyriego

#ILGR '19 Amaya Hamilton told me last yr how badly she wanted to play in Nike Nationals. She made the most of it this yr & @IowaWBB offered

Amaya Hamilton – 6’0 Wing (Hamilton SE HS – Fishers, IN – Indy Gym Rats Gold) – Ultra athletic wing that has a long frame and super active on the floor. She really has a soft touch around the basket, and does a tremendous job of getting rebounds. Amaya can score the ball from multiple positions on the floor. She plays very good defense, and her long athletic frame have a helping hand in that. She has a ton of potential. Mid to High Major Prospect.

Last edited:
Class_of_2020_PG_Caitlin_Clark_Mixtape___EYBL_Indy_With_All-Iowa_Attack__thumb.jpg

Class of 2020 PG Caitlin Clark Mixtape @ EYBL Indy With All-Iowa Attack!
07/09/2017 By Courtside Films

Top_5_Player_In_The_2019_Class_Breanna_Beal_Mixtape___EYBL_Indy_With_Midwest_Elite__thumb.jpg

Top 5 Player In The 2019 Class Breanna Beal Mixtape @ EYBL Indy With Midwest Elite!
07/09/2017 By Courtside Films

Last edited:
All Iowa Attack 11th got to the Nike Nationals Championship game, with Caitlin Clark playing up a grade.
Amaya Hamilton plays on the same HS team as Sydney Parrish.

Yes, Caitlin plays at Dowling. I guess I haven't seen any bad attitude when I've seen her. Seemed to get along with everybody.

Yes, Caitlin plays at Dowling. I guess I haven't seen any bad attitude when I've seen her. Seemed to get along with everybody.
I've seen it on the soccer field too. I watched her in scrimmages at Johnston a couple of weeks ago. Meyer had to go down to the end of the bench, sit by her, and try to calm her down. I'm not trying to bag on the kid, but I have seen her play soccer and basketball multiple times, and each game she loses it a bit, or a lot, mentally. Lots of athletic ability there, clearly.

Well, if that is true, hopefully getting older will tone it down, She is still young.

I'll never forget that game with Prahalis on the sidelines crying, screaming, jumping up and down and throwing F-bombs. Don't know how she didn't get tossed. IIRC, Bluder later received an apology from the B10 supervisor of officials, not that it helped anything.

I will never forget the foul committed by her but assessed on an Iowa athlete at a critical point in a key game. Her behavior was consistent for 4 years. Her teams won a lot of games and her skills were very impressive but her conduct on the court is what will be remembered! Even Buckeye fans bit their lip.

I will never forget the foul committed by her but assessed on an Iowa athlete at a critical point in a key game. Her behavior was consistent for 4 years. Her teams won a lot of games and her skills were very impressive but her conduct on the court is what will be remembered! Even Buckeye fans bit their lip.

I will say that apart from the severe emotional immaturity, she was fun to watch. Was not surprised that her success did not continue in the WNBA.

Anyone here wonder why bluder has offered the whole Indy gym rats team and the Iowa attack team doesn't have 1 player that will attend Iowa, yet they finished 2nd in the country.

Megan and Makenzie Meyer are AIA. As was Ally Disterhoft. If the player fits they will recruit them.

Amanda and Jinaya played for AIA. Grace Berg has committed to Missouri, Ashton Verbeek is committed to Nebraska and Ashley Joens will be heading to ISU. However, probably AIA's best player, 2020 Caitlyn Clark (a rising sophomore), is still uncommitted. I don't really know anything about the rest of the team.

I don't believe that Iowa has offered the "whole team" of ILGR. Only two '19s, two '20s, and one '21 that I know of. That comment is nonsense and most definitely false. I have to doubt whether anything that Non(sense) posters says is true.

Cyndi Dodd (2019 6'5" P Iowa offer), who is with ILGR, has been receiving numerous offers for her recent performance. In addition to Iowa, I believe she has been offered by B1G schools Purdue, MSU, Wisconsin and Illinois as well as Arkansas, Duke, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Kansas, Kentucky, Marquette, Mississippi State, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, and maybe others. Sydney Parrish (2020 6'0" W ILGR) has also been offered by numerous schools.

Last edited:
Oakhawk or anyone... Arieal Scott (IL - 2018) has reopened her recruitment after committing to Duke. One of the best shooters in her class that I believe Iowa was in on, any word if they are back on her list?
Here is another decommitment. This is Kate Martins teammate. She is very athletic and highly ranked. I have no idea if Iowa recruited her at all, but maybe the Hawkeyes could have another chance.

Raoul @Raoul_000·Jul 19

WBB: [...], plus Myriah Noodel-Haywood, 6-0 W, Edwardsville HS (IL-2018), decommits from Kansas State

Last edited:
Kendall Bostic – 2020 – Kokomo, Indiana – Size and build…Active without the ball…Will post up…Moves are coming along…Can be physical.
6-1 PF
Kendall Bostic 6'1" F, Northwestern HS, Class of 2020, has received an offer from the University of Iowa
webicon_green.png

Northwestern is absolutely loaded with talented youngsters, and Kendall is probably the best interior prospect. She is a big, strong, physical, traditional post. She works hard early before the catch and buries defenders in the post. She can finish with either hand around the basket, and she’s adding a more consistent mid-range jumper. Defensively she could defend ball screens better, but she’s a nice help-side defender in the paint.

Kendall Bostic – 2020 – Kokomo, Indiana – Size and build…Active without the ball…Will post up…Moves are coming along…Can be physical.
6-1 PF
Kendall Bostic 6'1" F, Northwestern HS, Class of 2020, has received an offer from the University of Iowa
webicon_green.png

Northwestern is absolutely loaded with talented youngsters, and Kendall is probably the best interior prospect. She is a big, strong, physical, traditional post. She works hard early before the catch and buries defenders in the post. She can finish with either hand around the basket, and she’s adding a more consistent mid-range jumper. Defensively she could defend ball screens better, but she’s a nice help-side defender in the paint.
Kendall Bostic
IMG_0997.jpg

6’1″ Power Forward, Northwestern

State Rank: #6

Offers: Iowa

Bostic had a great freshman campaign with 14.9 points and 8.3 rebounds for 22-4 Northwestern. She is comfortable down on the block and can face up and shoot also.

With the addition of Logan Cook for 2018, Iowa has two open scholarships remaining after this season. (If Iowa were to reward Zion with a 'full-ride', they would have only one left for 2018.) The article in the CR Gazette by Matthew Bain mentioned only one player for 2018. There was also another player, Ariel Scott, that decommitted from Duke and Iowa had been previously recruiting.

If you are seeking validation to boost your fragile ego I suggest that you go see a therapist because you are not a fan of the Iowa Hawkeye women's basketball and no one here seems to care about anything you have to say.

Reactions: BGHAWK
Sydney Hilliard , 5-9 PG 2019 from Monroe , WI.
Iowa offer. Plays for the Monroe HS Cheesemakers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT