ADVERTISEMENT

WBB Recruiting 2017 and On

IOWA WOMEN GO OVERSEAS TO LAND THEIR LATEST RECRUIT

[Paula] Valiño Ramos competed for Bovina High School in Bovina, Texas, as a junior exchange student in 2015-16. The team co-captain was named MVP of the Year and earned Academic All-District accolades

[Paula] Valiño Ramos also excels in the classroom. She graduated with Special Honors from IES Otero Pedrayo and was selected for Regional Extraordinary Prize Examinations. She comes from an athletic family. Her father, Liru, played professional basketball with CB Breogan (Lugo Spain, 1984-85) and Caja Bilbao (Bilbao, Spain, 1985-86).

Reactions: nanhouse
Beings Bluder and her staffs reputation has spread through America she has finally found a place she can get players.

Watched 5 minutes and didn't see anything that wowed me. If she is only 6'2 then I'd be concerned if she might be able to help at all. if she's closer to six four then maybe you could consider her a project.
This one was a surprise. According to the coaches, she found them, then Coach Jensen went to work.

She is considered a project and will need to get in the weight room, but there's no questioning her international experience. I didn't specifically ask, but piecing certain parts of various conversations it sounds like they knew Cera was leaving and put their attention on Valino-Ramos.

And for what it's worth, they do not originally expect/plan to use her as a perimeter player.

Reactions: cyberhawk
This one was a surprise. According to the coaches, she found them, then Coach Jensen went to work.

She is considered a project and will need to get in the weight room, but there's no questioning her international experience. I didn't specifically ask, but piecing certain parts of various conversations it sounds like they knew Cera was leaving and put their attention on Valino-Ramos.

And for what it's worth, they do not originally expect/plan to use her as a perimeter player.
Thanks for sharing non-poster, appreciate the insight from the coaching staff you bring to the WBB threads.

Iam not a fraud. I knew about this recruit from Spain when no one else knew, and I also know why good kids are leaving this program. Its time for a change. Bluder has run her course. Sorry if you cant handle the truth.

A coaching staff and a program's environment can best be judged by the quality of the young women who are drawn to the program. Look at this year's graduating seniors. Consider those have played for Iowa in the year past. Non posters comments are clear pure noise!

The Meyer family evidently is unaware of the poison choking the program.

A coaching staff and a program's environment can best be judged by the quality of the young women who are drawn to the program. Look at this year's graduating seniors. Consider those have played for Iowa in the year past. Non posters comments are clear pure noise!
Ask the girls on the team what they thought of disterhoft?

I don't think you can be banned for having poor judgement, bad sense, or a negative attitude.
He's a troll and I think you can be banned for spreading false rumors about coaches and athletes. Has anybody notified a moderator? Because I really do feel some of his posts are bannable

The coaches absolutely did not know that Cera was leaving.

Natural, I didn't specifically ask because sometimes it can be a sensitive situation.

Either way, the staff moved relatively quick in getting Ramos on board.

Reactions: ammer11
The Meyer family evidently is unaware of the poison choking the program.
All of the stuff on here is rumors. I only state facts, and sometimes it is hard to hear. Most of the girls you write about have no intention of ever playing for Iowa. Its good to dream. But over the last 2 years Iowa has gotten a kid from Spain, who called the Iowa coaches herself. Kathleen Doyle, who had already commited to Nebraska an backed out. Jan Jensen's girlfriend sister's daughter, and someone who has been a lifelong Iowa fan and would go there even if the devil was coaching.

He's a troll and I think you can be banned for spreading false rumors about coaches and athletes. Has anybody notified a moderator? Because I really do feel some of his posts are bannable
I thought he (or she) was a troll also until he (or she) made that one positive comment. Now I don't know what to believe.

But certainly, false rumors should not be tolerated. They can be considered libelous and slanderous. However, since I do not know what the truth is, I make no judgement myself.

It is recommended to simply ignore trolls.

Last edited:
Reactions: hagarwood
Iam not a fraud. I knew about this recruit from Spain when no one else knew, and I also know why good kids are leaving this program. Its time for a change. Bluder has run her course. Sorry if you cant handle the truth.
Assuming this is true (and for some strange reason I am inclined to believe you), may I ask how it is that you knew about it when no one else did?

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkahawk
I don't know about anybody else, if they get 20 or close to 20 wins every year, play in the post season, and seem to care about each other, I'm good. I have no illusions of them playing for a national championship. Maybe fight for a Big title occasionally. As far as the chemistry on the team, as far as I can see they seem to like each other alot. Even graduates and transfers, for the most part seem to stay in touch and support their former teamates on social media. I guess you can always find something to be negative about, but as far as I'm concerned, there's alot more good then bad.

All of the stuff on here is rumors. I only state facts, and sometimes it is hard to hear. Most of the girls you write about have no intention of ever playing for Iowa. Its good to dream. But over the last 2 years Iowa has gotten a kid from Spain, who called the Iowa coaches herself. Kathleen Doyle, who had already commited to Nebraska an backed out. Jan Jensen's girlfriend sister's daughter, and someone who has been a lifelong Iowa fan and would go there even if the devil was coaching.

Jan Jensen has a girlfriend? I sure hope her wife doesn't find out about it.

Non posters doesn't know a thing about the Iowa program. A total troll. don't be fooled. That wasn't a positive post. It was an attempt at snarky sarcasm. He/she/it had no clue about Paula. Every statement about the players is the opposite of their true feelings.
They get along great and hang out with each other all the time.Don't fall for it.

And that BS remark about Disterhoft by him is just what it is, BS. If the girls on the team don't like her as he inferred, it's strange that you see several of them hanging out with her at the mens basketball games, and football games together.

Reactions: BDinIC
And that BS remark about Disterhoft by him is just what it is, BS. If the girls on the team don't like her as he inferred, it's strange that you see several of them hanging out with her at the mens basketball games, and football games together.
This person (whether male or female) clearly has a personal grudge with Coach Bluder and now it seems also with Ally. Hmm? Interesting. I certainly hope this person is not who I'm thinking of.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
This person (whether male or female) clearly has a personal grudge with Coach Bluder and now it seems also with Ally. Hmm? Interesting. I certainly hope this person is not who I'm thinking of.

It wouldn't be any more obvious if he posted his picture here. He's a lunatic.

Last edited:
Are you certain? I wasn't aware that his true identity was known. I thought it was just speculation. That was all that I was doing.

Anyway, living life with a bitter grudge is no way to live unless you want to be miserable all the time. I can't imagine that anyone would really want to be that way. I say it is time to let it go. Forgiveness is something we do for ourselves.

Last edited:
Didn't I kinda guess a long time ago?

You did in the other WBB thread. I didn't know what your level of certainty was.
No certainty, I just thought that's who it could be, but I'm not in Iowa City and can't even get to games much any more. Right, am I, says Yoda?

The coaches absolutely did not know that Cera was leaving.
It certainly is disappointing as well as surprising that Bre decided to leave the program. I was thrilled when I first learned that she had committed. I believe that she is not only a tremendous basketball player but also a person of high character. I thought she had a bright career ahead of her at Iowa. Now I need to add UW Milwaukee to Butler and SDSU to my 'follow' list. I have little doubt that she will flourish with her new team.

I got the impression that Bre made this decision only shortly before it became public, so the coaches probably wouldn't have known about it much before us, but don't you think it is possible that the coaches could have had some concerns?

Word is that Iowa is waiting on a couple out of state kids for 2018 and if they don't commit then will offer Logan Cook after the July viewing period.

comment #274 by Oakhawk
I'm trying to give you the benefit of doubt, but then you make comments that make no sense. Matthew Bain of the CR Gazette wrote that article, not coach Bluder.

Matthew Bain | mbain@press-citizen.com

So why did you claim that she wrote it and while you're at it, explain how you knew about the new player from Spain (when no one else did). If you cannot explain yourself and make a sensible positive contribution to this forum, I will have no choice but to ignore you.

Furthermore, I thought that article had a lot of good information. Certainly much more than your cryptic comment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT