ADVERTISEMENT

We are at war?

Why don't you take a crack at answering the questions I asked, Fiji?

Is Cuba autonomous?
If they are, why should they be prevented from seeking protection under the umbrella of the Warsaw Pact when the U.S. has shown a proclivity for invading Cuba when it suits U.S. ‘interests’ to do so?
JFK would have owned the moral culpability for launching an unjustified war of aggression against Cuba if Khrushchev hadn’t backed down, right?
Were they unaware of the Monroe doctrine? How far back would you like to go?

Were they unaware of the Monroe doctrine? How far back would you like to go?

I want you to directly address the simple questions posed.
Try having a dialogue.

Does the Monroe doctrine mean that Cuba doesn't get to be an autonomous nation that makes its own decisions about what military alliances to enter?

Does anyone in 'our' hemisphere get to be a sovereign nation in your view?

JFK would have owned the moral culpability for launching an unjustified war of aggression against Cuba if Khrushchev hadn’t backed down, right?

Reactions: Hawkman34
I want you to directly address the simple questions posed.
Try having a dialogue.

Does the Monroe doctrine mean that Cuba doesn't get to be an autonomous nation that makes its own decisions about what military alliances to enter?

Does anyone in 'our' hemisphere get to be a sovereign nation in your view?

We won't know because we didn't invade, tankie.

And the US signing something saying Ukraine would not be in NATO would only have assured Putin's attack on that nation. That would have been very Chamberlin-like
This is the key question. One can argue that the Eastward expansion of NATO has been the issue that has provoked Russia, or that Russias territorial ambitions necessitate Eastward expansion of NATO.

Because the consequences of a NATO vs Russia war would be so grave, it seems like all diplomatic avenue to assure Russia that NATO does not want to overthrow Putin’s regime should have been exhausted.

However, given Putin’s actions in Crimea and Georgia we probably know what we are dealing with in Putin.

We won't know because we didn't invade, tankie.
Ignored the first two questions and too pussy to offer your own opinion on the last one.
Intellectual coward, like Fiji, because you recognize answering those questions honestly puts you in a contradiction you can’t figure out how to resolve - so you just duck them.

Ignored the first two questions and too pussy to offer your own opinion on the last one.
Intellectual coward, like Fiji, because you recognize answering those questions honestly puts you in a contradiction you can’t figure out how to resolve - so you just duck them.
We won a war with Spain for influence over Cuba, or is that to far back? You love to cherry pick historical references. I want to know how far back we should go? Are we operating under policy develoby the bull moose party? Russia is finding out a hard truth about democracy. Each new administration will institute its own policy. In this case, not allowing the soviet effing union to reestablish.... Not a leap to say that's a positive for our foreign policy. You come off as a freshman year political science major with a Ron Paul streak. I was there at one point, then I realized our globe is now to small for isolationism. You do you, tankie.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT