ADVERTISEMENT

We desperately need someone else to bitch about..

cmhawks99

HR Legend
Jul 23, 2002
We can all agree Brian sucks, but honestly isn’t anyone tired of going over it again and again and again?

Hell I hope they dump him just so we can have a new guy to bitch about!

Is there ever going to be a time we can just be semi positive about the team?

Maybe we can split the board for those that want to talk about Brian all the time and the rest of us?

I’m sick and tired of the guy and I didn’t care for him in the first place, but this a good team with a solid upward trajectory and the defensive coaches that many of you laud apparently really like Kirk Ferentz that should mean something!

If we get this Lber that’s a big deal and I was laying in bed last night remembering players like Max Llewelyn, Pittman and Brian Allen, that showed some flashes that we haven’t even got to see play yet.

Is there any point in time we can quit talking about this other guy?

Last edited:
Llewellyn is adding some strength this year and could see more time. He is quick and has good instincts. Seems to enjoy the contact also. I think he needs 25 to 30 lbs and could be a force.

Reactions: cmhawks99
We can all agree Brian sucks, but honestly isn’t anyone tired of going over it again and again and again?

Maybe we can split the board for those that want to talk about Brian all the time and the rest of us?

I’m sick and tired of the guy and I didn’t care for him in the first place, but this a good team with a solid upward trajectory and the defensive coaches that many of you laud apparently really like Kirk Ferentz that should mean something!

If we get this Lber that’s a big deal and I was laying in bed last night remembering players like Max Llewelyn, Pittman and Brian Allen, that showed some flashes that we haven’t even got to see play yet.

It doesn’t have to be this way but KF wants to suck on the offensive side of the ball. He has double, and now tripled down on stupid with the decision to stay the course with a failed person running his offense. KF adding insult to injury with cherry picking stats at his press conferences doesn’t help either.

It doesn’t have to be this way but KF wants to suck on the offensive side of the ball. He has double, and now tripled down on stupid with the decision to stay the course with a failed person running his offense. KF adding insult to injury with cherry picking stats at his press conferences doesn’t help either.

I suppose, but at this point in time this board depresses the hell out of me!

I suppose, but at this point in time this board depresses the hell out of me!
I personally don’t get it myself. If I’m the Head Coach with a limited window of coaching left in the tank, I’m getting the best OC I can as well as QB coach that also recruit the best to help get the program over the hump to win the B1G and compete in the play offs before retiring.

It’s as if KF has always wanted to minimize success so people don’t expect a high level of success on an annual basis. Let’s not win too much or people will expect we win 10 games every year and compete for a B1G championship.

Reactions: bradjens
I personally don’t get it myself. If I’m the Head Coach with a limited window of coaching left in the tank, I’m getting the best OC I can as well as QB coach that also recruit the best to help get the program over the hump to win the B1G and compete in the play offs before retiring.

It’s as if KF has always wanted to minimize success so people don’t expect a high level of success on an annual basis. Let’s not win too much or people will expect we win 10 games every year and compete for a B1G championship.

I think it’s deeper and more profound than that. Maybe just as fatally flawed, but it hit me here recently. Hayden rarely out scored good teams. At least elite teams, when we beat good teams it was because of the defense & opportunistic offense and I think that’s honestly ingrained in Kirks mind!!

I really think he believes he needs to control the clock and keep the scoring low but as you know, and all the rest of us on here know, we don’t have that ground and pound OL and we’ve had way more miss, than hit!!

Wisconsin plays the same style and it’s no secret that they’ve been just a little bit better than us over the last 10 years and that’s because of their dominant O-line & running backs!

Here’s another thing to put in your pipe and smoke on it. Ive ran into a couple of old time guys in recent years in various situation’s that have a light connection to the university at least enough to know Kirk and his family and his wife in particular, and I don’t wanna get too deep here, but the prevailing thought is Mary is a barracuda, and I find myself thinking of Mary lambasting him all the time for putting his son in a bad position.

I still have a vision that Brian Ferentz could coach some offensive football, but his dad won’t get out of the way!

I could be talked out of it, but it’s just a thought I have!

Last edited:
Maybe don't open and read through the threads that you don't agree with? Just a thought.

If only it were that simple! In fact, I do just that, but you can’t get away from it they’re everywhere! And incidentally, gonzo, you know it!

So your answer to the OP's question is NO we can't just let it go, for awhile anyway. None of this is going to solve or change anything, but we'll have to go on about this through spring football, all through the summer and fall before we even get to the season. Why be so damn miserable about Iowa football, at least for the 6 months coming up we don't even play.....

So your answer to the OP's question is NO we can't just let it go, for awhile anyway. None of this is going to solve or change anything, but we'll have to go on about this through spring football, all through the summer and fall before we even get to the season. Why be so damn miserable about Iowa football, at least for the 6 months coming up we don't even play.....

This X 100…..

Reactions: Hendy hawk

How about losing to a coach less Nebraska team that had quit, at home, on Senior day. While taunting our elite (lol) D saying they can’t cover, and proving it with wide open TDs.
Maybe giving up 54 points to a bored OhioSt team ? how about losing Proctor because he wanted to play real competition.
Just a few things.

I just received an email from the Athletic Department with direct links to the The Swarm's website. The subject line of the email was "Support The Swarm."

I'm sure someone will figure out a reason to bitch and moan that it still doesn't go far enough.
I got that too.

How about losing to a coach less Nebraska team that had quit, at home, on Senior day. While they taunting our elite (lol) D saying they can’t cover, and proving it with wide open TDs.
Maybe giving up 54 points to a bored OhioSt team ? how about losing Proctor because he wanted to play real competition.
Just a few things.
Because of turnovers you twit. And we had a 4th string corner on their stud WR. They lined him up there every play.

If we didn’t turn the ball over in that game we win by double digits.

How about losing to a coach less Nebraska team that had quit, at home, on Senior day. While taunting our elite (lol) D saying they can’t cover, and proving it with wide open TDs.
Just a few things.

Huh….do u really want me to run around the sports nation and give you anecdotal shit from team to team to compare our plights….

It wouldn’t matter anyway your mind is made up it’s called presuppositions there isn’t anything in the world that will change your mind and your post doesn’t make any sense based on ME wondering why the **** we keep talking about it?

It’s simple shit, find a new team that doesn’t make you mad….opps, wont happen!

Dumb ass!

Last edited:
Come on. Brian, Kirk, and Gary are making it too easy at this point. It’a kind of funny when you think about it.

Much bitching about ignorant ass fans that constantly bitch would certainly be in order
That isn’t what happened here. This is a simple HOW LONG does it need to go on….

Answer the question and add something positive or be more of the problem.!

Reactions: Hendy hawk
I just received an email from the Athletic Department with direct links to the The Swarm's website. The subject line of the email was "Support The Swarm."

I'm sure someone will figure out a reason to bitch and moan that it still doesn't go far enough.
Did it say please and thank you?

There's a lot to be hopeful for. We play championship level football on defense and special teams right now. If we can get the offense to click, we could have our best run. I understand the offense has been bad. Our head coach says it's been a combination of injuries, youth, and attrition that caught up to us. He usually ends being right. Message board jockeys are often wrong. I'm all for giving Brian some slack at this point because the decision has been made. Since it's been decided that he will be the OC, I sincerely hope he gets redemption. I don't subscribe to the notion that we're screwed because of him. I think if we get the injuries/youth/attrition thing in a better spot, he will look a lot better as OC. In the end, I still trust KF. We're on the verge of being really good. We just need to get better on offense. Let's support our guys and see if they can figure it out. I won't be at all surprised if they do.

BF is kinda done as far as b1tchng about. He scores 25 points a game we win. We're 77-3 in the last however many seasons so if we hit that number we win 10-11 games. If we don't or lose this season we get a new oc. Now we finally hear about people getting emails about donations to the swarm. I'm actually feeling pretty good about things as a hawkeye fan right now. But the cost of beer in Chicago is ridiculous! I can't believe the progran actually expects me to pay 12 bucks for a beer before the Wrigley game! Seriously, if i have 7 beers thats what, 84 bucks! This is uncalled for. If i have a microbrew instead I'm looking at 100 bucks for beer just before the game!!! Come on. Wth!!!!

I think it’s deeper and more profound than that. Maybe just as fatally flawed, but it hit me here recently. Hayden rarely out scored good teams. At least elite teams, when we beat good teams it was because of the defense & opportunistic offense and I think that’s honestly ingrained in Kirks mind!!

I really think he believes he needs to control the clock and keep the scoring low but as you know, and all the rest of us on here know, we don’t have that ground and pound OL and we’ve had way more miss, than hit!!

Wisconsin plays the same style and it’s no secret that they’ve been just a little bit better than us over the last 10 years and that’s because of their dominant O-line & running backs!

Here’s another thing to put in your pipe and smoke on it. Ive ran into a couple of old time guys in recent years in various situation’s that have a light connection to the university at least enough to know Kirk and his family and his wife in particular, and I don’t wanna get too deep here, but the prevailing thought is Mary is a barracuda, and I find myself thinking of Mary lambasting him all the time for putting his son in a bad position.

I still have a vision that Brian Ferentz could coach some offensive football, but his dad won’t get out of the way!

You had me until the comment in bold.

There are many OC's that could not work for KF. Yes, he's restrictive in that way. Mike Leach (RIP) couldn't for certain.

But, no matter what you think of KF, he is not and idiot and wants to WIN. There is no earthly reason why he wouldn't want an offense that could, say, GET FIRST DOWNS. Sure, KF doesn't want to pass on every down, he wants to win with defense and special teams. By why go to all the trouble of building nationally ranked defense and special teams and tell your son that it's ok to only gain 2 yards on running plays?

Why would PP and LaVar work for a man that didn't want to win?

It's up to BF to recruit, develop, game plan, make in-game adjustments - in order to not be the worst offense in the country.

There's a lot to be hopeful for. We play championship level football on defense and special teams right now. If we can get the offense to click, we could have our best run. I understand the offense has been bad. Our head coach says it's been a combination of injuries, youth, and attrition that caught up to us. He usually ends being right. Message board jockeys are often wrong. I'm all for giving Brian some slack at this point because the decision has been made. Since it's been decided that he will be the OC, I sincerely hope he gets redemption. I don't subscribe to the notion that we're screwed because of him. I think if we get the injuries/youth/attrition thing in a better spot, he will look a lot better as OC. In the end, I still trust KF. We're on the verge of being really good. We just need to get better on offense. Let's support our guys and see if they can figure it out. I won't be at all surprised if they do.
Brian has been subjectively and objectively awful. And the refusal or inability to get players in the transfer portal last offseason directly affected everything in 2022. Only if your last name was the same as the head coach would you still be allowed access to the building.

Reactions: Footbol
You had me until the comment in bold.

There are many OC's that could not work for KF. Yes, he's restrictive in that way. Mike Leach (RIP) couldn't for certain.

But, no matter what you think of KF, he is not and idiot and wants to WIN. There is no earthly reason why he wouldn't want an offense that could, say, GET FIRST DOWNS. Sure, KF doesn't want to pass on every down, he wants to win with defense and special teams. By why go to all the trouble of building nationally ranked defense and special teams and tell your son that it's ok to only gain 2 yards on running plays?

Why would PP and LaVar work for a man that didn't want to win?

It's up to BF to recruit, develop, game plan, make in-game adjustments - in order to not be the worst offense in the country.

I do agree! It is a very strange scenario! But it’s also why I said the other day he, meaning BF has had plenty of opportunities. It was time for him to move down the road!

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
Touché’ ….THAT was a good one and sounds potentially like something I would say, doesn’t it?

Kudos!!
But.... the beer, in Chicago... i didn't even mention how much a pizza costs. If we aren't going to b1tch about what i want to then you're all assclowns!

But.... the beer, in Chicago... i didn't even mention how much a pizza costs. If we aren't going to b1tch about what i want to then you're all assclowns!

You may not remember me saying this, but I live in Chicagoland. Actually, I live in Bourbonnais, which is about an hour south down 57 but you are correctamundo the price of beer in Chicago is absolutely asinine!!

Well, if you’re out and about that is and by the way, I don’t drink ever when I’m out and about. In fact, I didn’t drink at all for 17 years. I just picked it back up recently, why I do not know… With that said, Binny’s is a great place to buy alcohol, and it’s very reasonable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bishop1971

Been tired of all the BS and wallowing in the negative since the end of the season. Some people can't get past it though and just get satisfaction in making themselves feel better bad mouthing someone else.
We all need to do better.

Been tired of all the BS and wallowing in the negative since the end of the season. Some people can't get past it though and just get satisfaction in making themselves feel better bad mouthing someone else.
We all need to do better.
According to Gary, Jr (assisted heavily by the defense and special teams) only needs to do about 8 points better in 2023!

Well we can bitch about the AD that just put in an amendment thats about as useful as a an icecube on a 1000degree frying pan.

I disagree with Kirk wants to suck on the offensives side of the ball. Kirk has had some very good offensive teams.
The offence is a lot like a car engine. If each part is not working well, it runs poorly. If ech part is working well the engine runs great. The offence had issues with parts(players) not working well together due to things like playing out of position of necessity, or injuries to a key player and loss of personnel to the portal and not being able to find a player to replace said player moving on. Iowa has done things to try and fix the problems like you would with your car. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Bishop1971
I disagree with Kirk wants to suck on the offensives side of the ball. Kirk has had some very good offensive teams.
The offence is a lot like a car engine. If each part is not working well, it runs poorly. If ech part is working well the engine runs great. The offence had issues with parts(players) not working well together due to things like playing out of position of necessity, or injuries to a key player and loss of personnel to the portal and not being able to find a player to replace said player moving on. Iowa has done things to try and fix the problems like you would with your car. Just my opinion.
If Iowa’s offense was a car engine, we should have been taking an airplane or train these past two seasons!

Agree totally with the Wisconsin thought. They have been able to recruit so better athletes than Iowa. Iowa has went head to head with Wisconsin and lost out to them. Couple years I recognized the player helping them to beat us by a touchdown or two. Frustrated me to see this. We have been in on some key players only to loose them to other teams.

Just a few things.
How would you keep a player from choosing another team to play for?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT