ADVERTISEMENT

Weekend visitors...

Hawkeye4Life78

HR All-American
Jan 11, 2004
So, Iowa has Teasdale, RBY, Sasso, Hidlay, Rider coming plus Rocky midweek. All with only Tom on campus...
...just take em all....

Reactions: ih8iast8
Your last sentence is absolutley ridiculous

I don't see why, people(mostly the Rider thread) are pointing to getting kicked out of tournaments, partying, almost, almost a mini PD3...like I said, IF they are true...I know zero about Sasso...but if I had to pick between a Sasso prospect with question marks or Rider with none...I think it's easy...

I don't see why, people are pointing to getting kicked out of tournaments, partying, almost, almost a mini PD3...like I said, IF they are true...

My apologies. I read your thread before I read the Rider thread. Turns out I disagree with more people than just you. A mini PD3 is a enormous stretch. Do I think Sasso would fit in with the current crop at Iowa, maybe not, and he probably sees that. However, to say we should take a pass on kids like him IS ridiculous.

My apologies. I read your thread before I read the Rider thread. Turns out I disagree with more people than just you. A mini PD3 is a enormous stretch. Do I think Sasso would fit in with the current crop at Iowa, maybe not, and he probably sees that. However, to say we should take a pass on kids like him IS ridiculous.

No apologies needed, it's a message board, no
Hurt feelings! I added/edited that IF the rumors are true and Rider is "less risky" I'd take him with similar skills.The mini pd3 were my words, no one else's. PD3 started somewhere with his ridiculousness and it was probably somewhat like the rumors of Sasso. Does it mean Sasso=PD3? No. But possibility to be similar is there.

No apologies needed, it's a message board, no
Hurt feelings! I added/edited that IF the rumors are true and Rider is "less risky" I'd take him with similar skills.The mini pd3 were my words, no one else's. PD3 started somewhere with his ridiculousness and it was probably somewhat like the rumors of Sasso. Does it mean Sasso=PD3? No. But possibility to be similar is there.

Hard to argue potentially being less "risky", but IMO the only things similar (skills) between Sasso and Rider are that they both wrestle at about the same weight.

There's a reason we know so much about Sasso and so little about Rider.

Hard to argue potentially being less "risky", but IMO the only things similar (skills) between Sasso and Rider are that they both wrestle at about the same weight.

There's a reason we know so much about Sasso and so little about Rider.

Could it be that he was verballed to the Huskers? I didn't personally think Iowa was ever on his radar

Reactions: Mikefontenot27
Could it be that he was verballed to the Huskers? I didn't personally think Iowa was ever on his radar

We didn't stop hearing about Lee and Teasdale after they verballed to Iowa. I'm saying is that Sasso is a much better recruit IMO. Based on the competition he continually faces and the national tournaments he enters year after year.

Also, CO is getting MUCH more competitive in wrestling over the last 3-5 years, but it's far from PA.

Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome Rider with wide open arms. Just saying I believe Sasso is much more of a sure thing (when talking wrestling).

We didn't stop hearing about Lee and Teasdale after they verballed to Iowa. I'm saying is that Sasso is a much better recruit IMO. Based on the competition he continually faces and the national tournaments he enters year after year.

Also, CO is getting MUCH more competitive in wrestling over the last 3-5 years, but it's far from PA.

Don't get me wrong, I'd welcome Rider with wide open arms. Just saying I believe Sasso is much more of a sure thing (when talking wrestling).
I can agree with that. My point was we kept hearing about them because we had been previously linked to them....have we ever been connected to Rider prior to his decommitment?

I can agree with that. My point was we kept hearing about them because we had been previously linked to them....have we ever been connected to Rider prior to his decommitment?

I'm sure he was on the radar due to all our CO connections, but I would hope he wasnt/hasn't been the priority at the weight. Unless, of course, the staff has known Lee (IN) and Sasso habe been off the table for quite some time. Which is obviously not the case for either...

I'm sure he was on the radar due to all our CO connections, but I would hope he wasnt/hasn't been the priority at the weight. Unless, of course, the staff has known Lee (IN) and Sasso habe been off the table for quite some time. Which is obviously not the case for either...

Are you trying to insinuate Nick and Joe Lee are available?

A question I asked on the Teske thread. For those in the know, of this group of 4: Spencer, GT, Teske, and RBY, are they all 125 or 133 lifers? I guess I always heard Lee and Teske were always gonna be 25 and the others always 33. Hell, I want all 4, but if that is true on anticipated weights, I would think maybe we could get at least 1 of the remaining 3 (outside of Lee) for 33. I personally believe Teske probably goes to ISU to wrestle 25 and then am hoping we get a flip from one of the PSU guys for 33. My 2 cents.

A question I asked on the Teske thread. For those in the know, of this group of 4: Spencer, GT, Teske, and RBY, are they all 125 or 133 lifers? I guess I always heard Lee and Teske were always gonna be 25 and the others always 33. Hell, I want all 4, but if that is true on anticipated weights, I would think maybe we could get at least 1 of the remaining 3 (outside of Lee) for 33. I personally believe Teske probably goes to ISU to wrestle 25 and then am hoping we get a flip from one of the PSU guys for 33. My 2 cents.

Don't believe what you "hear." No one can know for sure. Not only are genetics at work, interesting things happen to some kids once they are allowed to eat.

Reactions: DirkTang1
Totally agree Spooner. Just wondering what people think. I would love all 4! But since that probably isn't going to happen and we already have Lee was looking for any insight on the other 3.

I'm still trying to figure out if Mejia is a Hawk or not.

Me too.

Sounded like Mejia was headed to Iowa, after a snafu at IL. Now, as far as I can tell, a rumor on an opponent's forum said there were still admission hurdles, and for a bonus, threw some dirt.

Not a lot to go on.

I'll just take a wait and see attitude.

Reactions: Hawkerr
Me too.

Sounded like Mejia was headed to Iowa, after a snafu at IL. Now, as far as I can tell, a rumor on an opponent's forum said there were still admission hurdles, and for a bonus, threw some dirt.

Not a lot to go on.

I'll just take a wait and see attitude.

Opponents forum? No. That was here long before that.

I don't see why, people(mostly the Rider thread) are pointing to getting kicked out of tournaments, partying, almost, almost a mini PD3...like I said, IF they are true...I know zero about Sasso...but if I had to pick between a Sasso prospect with question marks or Rider with none...I think it's easy...
Although I've posted about Sasso, there is only one guy that is really taking it to Sasso on the other thread - I don't know why, but the guy seems to have a problem with him.

I'll say it again - Sasso is a nice kid, polite, hardworking, kick-butt wrestler. He's also a kid, who has acted like a kid at times. Absolutely nothing in common with 25 year old recidivist like PD3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT