ADVERTISEMENT

Well, we made it a total of 8 days into Middle School (now w/ Update)

Ooooh, ooooh!!!!! Time to resurrect my all-time favorite HROT thread!

All of the people saying call the school, yes. But also email the school, and email them every time your kid reports it happening until it stops. Make sure there’s a “paper trail” on your complaints. If your kid does punch the other one, you want that trail of complaints about the sexual harassment that your child is receiving and the school did nothing about.

Correct, this right here. Paper trail all the way. Honestly I’d tell them what you are doing too: documenting every time a sexual assault happens with no response from them.

They’ll get moving. If not, I’m not opposed to just a good punch to the dome or solar plexus.

Correct, this right here. Paper trail all the way. Honestly I’d tell them what you are doing too: documenting every time a sexual assault happens with no response from them.

They’ll get moving. If not, I’m not opposed to just a good punch to the dome or solar plexus.
Tell your kid you're doing this as well.

Have your son and buddies start calling the kid a word that doesn’t exist and no one knows the meaning of “except them”. Like “Borkie”. Can’t call it bigotry or bullying or get in trouble for it because no knows the meaning of it. Then the kid will move onto cutting himself and your boy is clear once the Baker act kicks in. Seen it a million times.

• Wow
Reactions: alaskanseminole
Another reason why we send our kids to private schools. They charge you $35k+ a year and if they kick your kid out, you get no refund. Kids also have to know a few different languages and pass many tests to be admitted. Never having to deal with horrible public schools is worth it. Bad point is our kids can talk shit behind our back in other languages.

Last edited:
Reactions: jamesvanderwulf

@alaskanseminole This. Inform the admin via email, cc the district. Tell them you expect this to be addressed appropriately, immediately, and tell them to let you know when that's happened.

I'd take care of it...but I'm retired. ;)

UPDATE:

Apparently this 6th grader is 5'4" and looks like this:

Peter_Griffin.png

Does this new information change my advice to my son in anyway?
I get the graphic part but have no clue how 5'4 compares to the typical 6th grade male.

@alaskanseminole This. Inform the admin via email, cc the district. Tell them you expect this to be addressed appropriately, immediately, and tell them to let you know when that's happened.

I'd take care of it...but I'm retired. ;)
How's this, Tar? ...I edited my son's name to Jordan (Travis). :cool:

Dear Coach _________,

I hope this message finds you well. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Meet the Teacher event, and I want to express my gratitude for your assistance in troubleshooting Jordan's locker situation. Your support has been greatly appreciated.

However, I'm reaching out today with a concern that has been brought to our attention by Jordan and other parents through his friends. It seems that Jordan is being harassed by another student in your class, who is much larger than him. This student has reportedly been engaging in inappropriate and aggressive behavior, including "humping bleachers," attempting to "hump" Jordan, spraying perfume on him, and other troubling actions.

We've advised Jordan to avoid escalating the situation verbally, to walk away whenever possible, and to inform a teacher if the behavior continues. However, this behavior clearly crosses the line into harassment, and we believe it cannot be allowed to continue.

We wanted to bring this to your attention so that it can be addressed before the situation escalates further. We trust that you will take the necessary steps to ensure Jordan's safety and well-being in class.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We are confident that, with your help, this issue can be resolved quickly and effectively.

Sincerely,
Mr. & Mrs. Alaskanseminole

Dear Coach _________,

I hope this message finds you well. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Meet the Teacher event, and I want to express my gratitude for your assistance in troubleshooting Jordan's locker situation. Your support has been greatly appreciated.

However, I'm reaching out today with a concern that has been brought to our attention by Jordan and other parents through his friends. It seems that Jordan is being harassed by another student in your class, who is much larger than him. This student has reportedly been engaging in inappropriate and aggressive behavior, including "humping bleachers," attempting to "hump" Jordan, spraying perfume on him, and other troubling actions.

We've advised Jordan to avoid escalating the situation verbally, to walk away whenever possible, and to inform a teacher if the behavior continues. However, this behavior clearly crosses the line into harassment, and we believe it cannot be allowed to continue.

We wanted to bring this to your attention so that it can be addressed before the situation escalates further. We trust that you will take the necessary steps to ensure Jordan's safety and well-being in class.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We are confident that, with your help, this issue can be resolved quickly and effectively.

Sincerely,
Soft.

Your kid is getting dry jumped during the social hierarchy stage of growing up.

Soft.

Your kid is getting dry jumped during the social hierarchy stage of growing up.
But do I need to start out "hard" or escalate my stance when/if nothing is done. Apparently this coach is already getting tired of the situation, so this may be fuel for him to take further action. We've actually met him twice now and he seems like a great coach.

I've also seen situations like this get the script flipped and the harasser will suddenly become the victim.

But do I need to start out "hard" or escalate my stance when/if nothing is done. Apparently this coach is already getting tired of the situation, so this may be fuel for him to take further action. We've actually met him twice now and he seems like a great coach.

I've also seen situations like this get the script flipped and the harasser will suddenly become the vivictim.

The admin is in a bad spot. They have to pander to these dumb rules and risk.loaing thier job because they can't discipline a kid that you describe as getting zero discipline at home.

Doesn't matter, they are adults, your child is getting molested.

"Hard" is a lawyer with a lawsuit, anything short of that is you trying to work with them.

If you are afraid your kid can't bloody the nose of a 5'4 girl boy you sir have some serious parenting issues.

He may not win but he sure as shit should be able to land the punch.
Yes, because I want my son to just punch a kid right out of the gate. Karate is for defense only (he's a purple belt) and the two friends he's in PE class with are from his dojo and are both brown w/ black stripe. I'm not really concerned for safety, per se', but the fact we've got some kid trying to sexually harass other kids. IMO we have to tread lightly or we'll become the instigator.

Last edited:
Yes, because I want my son to just punch a kid right out of the gate. Karate is for defense only (he's a purple belt) and the two friends he's in PE class with are from his dojo and both are brown w/ black stripe. I'm not really concerned for safety, per se', but the fact we've got some kid trying to sexually harass other kids. IMO we have to tread literaly or we'll become the insinstigator.

Your child is getting molested.

Read it again.

you are a smart man aslaska, read line #1 again.

What part of, "don't let a dude hump you" is self defense got lost between my years of Karate and whatever the hell dojo you are in?

"Yeah, I can do my pattern routine of up block, down block, leg block, front kick, I can even break a pine board!!!"

"Yeah but you are also the kid that let's sara with a dick nut on your leg everyday so......."

Best solution for everyone would be for your kid simply resolve this on the playground, but if that's not happening:

1. Meet with the coach in person
2. Voice your concerns
3. Point out the unacceptable sexual nature of these altercations
4. Demand that the issue be resolved immediately
5. Indicate that assault charges against the kid and litigation involving the school is on the table
6. Follow up in writing

Dear Coach _________,

Sincerely,
Perfect. CC the admin and you should CC central office. When they get involved, shit happens.

Alaska, honest question, if this were a traditional bully, that was acting like he could hump your child as a way of showing dominance( weird but we are talking 8th graders) would you be playing the games you are?

Or do you just really not want to offend the trans kid?

I’d email the school and also ask for -or offer- a follow up phone call. As others have said, you need to document it. A “sexual assault” allegation sets off all sorts of sirens. Choose your words wisely in the email based on how serious you want it to get initially. “Sexual assault” would most likely have to be reported to authorities. Our school has cameras EVERYWHERE and they can go back and watch the film within so many days of an event. It’s possible the incidents have been caught on video and no one has watched it.

Alaska, honest question, if this were a traditional bully, that was acting like he could hump your child as a way of showing dominance( weird but we are talking 8th graders) would you be playing the games you are?

I’m not Alaska, but I’m what you would call a “lib”. I hope he’d handle it the same way no matter what. It’s important to recognize that some people are different and need some support…but that doesn’t give them the right to assault other people.

If this kid wants to be a girl, fine. None of my business. Get him a good therapist who can help him through some of the obviously difficult issues he’s facing. It’s better to get him help than to make him an outcast who goes around trying to hump everything in sight.

I’m not Alaska, but I’m what you would call a “lib”. I hope he’d handle it the same way no matter what. It’s important to recognize that some people are different and need some support…but that doesn’t give them the right to assault other people.

If this kid wants to be a girl, fine. None of my business. Get him a good therapist who can help him through some of the obviously difficult issues he’s facing. It’s better to get him help than to make him an outcast who goes around trying to hump everything in sight.
I think you are correct and hope.you are correct but when you actually have to be the one to hold the line on a trans kid and "bigot" sometimes it's easier to make the excuse.

He may or may not answer but I think it's a question he has to legitimately ask himself.

I've also seen situations like this get the script flipped and the harasser will suddenly become the victim.
Whiskeys point is fair. Maybe not hard but “firm”. To create an expectation that this will be nipped in the bud not merely a request that it be nipped.

Otherwise, well done

Last edited:

I don't feel I'm play games. I come from a family of educators and am very active in the school system (wife and oldest daughter are teachers), so I understand the system. I don't feel there's a need to come out guns blazing before I've even given the coach/school an opportunity to address the situation. As other's have suggested, I'm establishing a paper trail which will escalate when/if warranted.

Furthermore, I don't teach my son that violence is the first answer, BUT it is warranted when it's warranted. Last season he head locked a kid and was about to hip toss him on the pitch during a soccer match (fortunately, I was already tuned in to the elbowing and jabbing so I was able to yell "No" before my son actually flipped the kid). Surprisingly, he didn't get carded, but they did get a PK. I guess the ref was paying attention to all BS that led up to it, because he talked to both my son and the other kid. ...personally, I think my son deserved at least a yellow.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Bottom line the school needs to address it and it needs to stop immediately. If it doesn't I will escalate and I've told my son he has the right to defend himself physically if he feels threatened in any way.

Whiskeys point is fair. Maybe not hard but “firm”. To create an expectation that this will be nipped in the bud not merely a request that it be nipped.

Otherwise, well done
How's this? + @Whiskeydeltadeltatango (Reminder, my kid's name isn't Jordan...and who would care if it was?)

Dear Coach _____________,

I hope this message finds you well. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Meet the Teacher event, and we appreciate your assistance in troubleshooting Jordan's locker situation.

However, I’m writing with a serious concern that has come to our attention from Jordan and other parents through his friends. It appears that Jordan is being harassed by another student in your class who is significantly larger than him. This student has been engaging in inappropriate and aggressive behavior, including "humping bleachers," attempting to "hump" Jordan, spraying perfume on him, and other unacceptable actions.

We have advised Jordan to avoid escalating the situation verbally, to walk away if possible, and to inform a teacher when necessary. However, this harassment is unacceptable and must be addressed immediately.

We are requesting that this issue be addressed and stopped immediately. Additionally, we would like to be contacted once it has been addressed, along with an explanation of the steps taken to resolve the matter and ensure Jordan's safety in class.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]

I don't feel I'm play games. I come from a family of educators and am very active in the school system (wife and oldest daughter are teachers), so I understand the system. I don't feel there's a need to come out guns blazing before I've even given the coach/school an opportunity to address the situation. As other's have suggested, I'm establishing a paper trail which will escalate when/if warranted.

Furthermore, I don't teach my son that violence is the first answer, BUT it is warranted when it's warranted. Last season he head locked a kid and was about to hip toss him on the pitch during a soccer match (fortunately, I was already tuned in to the elbowing and jabbing so I was able to yell "No" before my son actually flipped the kid). Surprisingly, he didn't get carded, but they did get a PK. I guess the ref was paying attention to all BS that led up to it, because he talked to both my son and the other kid. ...personally, I think my son deserved at least a yellow.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Bottom line the school needs to address it and it needs to stop immediately. If it doesn't I will escalate and I've told my son he has the right to defend himself physically if he feels threatened in any way.
Whatever line you draw, hold it.

• Love
A person can say or be whoever they want. I couldn't care less. However, that's not a license to lay hands (or pelvis) on my kiddo.
Agreed but the problem is when it crosses over to directly affecting others. We are being told that if you react in any way and call it out, you are the problem and are not being supportive of alternative lifestyles...or something.

How's this? + @Whiskeydeltadeltatango (Reminder, my kid's name isn't Jordan...and who would care if it was?)

Dear Coach _____________,

I hope this message finds you well. It was a pleasure meeting you at the Meet the Teacher event, and we appreciate your assistance in troubleshooting Jordan's locker situation.

However, I’m writing with a serious concern that has come to our attention from Jordan and other parents through his friends. It appears that Jordan is being harassed by another student in your class who is significantly larger than him. This student has been engaging in inappropriate and aggressive behavior, including "humping bleachers," attempting to "hump" Jordan, spraying perfume on him, and other unacceptable actions.

We have advised Jordan to avoid escalating the situation verbally, to walk away if possible, and to inform a teacher when necessary. However, this harassment is unacceptable and must be addressed immediately.

We are requesting that this issue be addressed and stopped immediately. Additionally, we would like to be contacted once it has been addressed, along with an explanation of the steps taken to resolve the matter and ensure Jordan's safety in class.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
[Your Name]
If that's your line, go for it.

I might suggest, adding some version of "should this matter continue it will be address via the legal system".

Personally, I'm not sending shit, I'm walking in and hand delivering that, having them read it, and before I walk put asking them, "do you have any questions".

But that's me.

(He is goinf to give you some fairy bullshit on creating a positive enviroment and meeting the needs off all the kids and you are goong to stop him and say "sorry sir but I'm not interested in how you want to deflect and defend the perp, this is my stance, my child is being sexually assaulted at your school, make a play or deal with lawyers)

Last edited:
If that's your line, go for it.

I might suggest, adding some version of "should this matter continue it will be address via the legal system".

Personally, I'm not sending shit, I'm walking in and hand delivering that, having them read it, and before I walk put asking them, "do you have any questions".

But that's me.

(He is goinf to give you some fairy bullshit on creating a positive enviroment and meeting the needs off all the kids and you are goong to stop him and say "sorry sir but I'm not interested in how you want to deflect and defend the perp, this is my stance, my child is being sexually assaulted at your school, make a play or deal with lawyers)
Again, "rumor" has it this coach is already fed up with this kid, so this may be the fuel he needs to really take action. I'm going to give him an opportunity to address this first. Then, if needed I have zero issue walking into that school. IMO, no need to be a hot head out the gate.

Again, "rumor" has it this coach is already fed up with this kid, so this may be the fuel he needs to really take action. I'm going to give him an opportunity to address this first. Then, if needed I have zero issue walking into that school. IMO, no need to be a hot head out the gate.

You need to confirm the "rumor" in person with the coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT