ADVERTISEMENT

Well, we made it a total of 8 days into Middle School (now w/ Update)

God, you're stupid. Bet your kid is a helluva window cleaner.

200w.gif
And finally we see SPN’s baby picture.

UPDATE:

Coach sent me a short email saying the situation was being handled, but MORE importantly, he picked up the phone and called me. He said he cannot disclose anything personal regarding the other student, but he's very well aware of the situation and it is being handled. He said the other child is not mean in any way, but he understands (basically the sexually aggressive and uncomfortable advances) that are going on and he's working with the school counselor and the parents of the student to get this behavior under control. He assures me my son won't be touched again.
Please update us when the kid harasses your son again. I'm guessing it'll be in the next 48 hours max. I'm not making light of the situation, and hopefully it doesn't happen, but in my experience the schools first attempt at dealing with these things typically fails for a number of reasons.

Please update us when the kid harasses your son again. I'm guessing it'll be in the next 48 hours max. I'm not making light of the situation, and hopefully it doesn't happen, but in my experience the schools first attempt at dealing with these things typically fails for a number of reasons.
Be Patient Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why this hasn't been reported to law enforcement. The coach, probably a few teachers, and a school counselor have first-hand knowledge that this kid has been assaulting other kids in a sexual nature. Are these people not mandatory reporters?
it's not an unreasonable point, though of course we don't know that it hasnt been so reported or is being considered for reporting

edit: so i took a peek at the ia website, and I'm going to guess that this is not a reportable event, in that the alleged perp is probably less than 14 years old, even accepting the sexual assault characterization.

He did. The Coach moved the other kid and talked to my son and one other boy and said it should not happen again, but to let him know if it does.

Thanks for asking.
We, teachers and former teachers, really do care about the kids. We're not perfect, but we want everyone to feel safe and happy at school. I thought about your son today and hoped he had a better experience. Keep on top of the situation and let the school know if something changes. Unfortunately we aren't always aware of everything that happens school. I hope alaska jr. has a great year!

We, teachers and former teachers, really do care about the kids. We're not perfect, but we want everyone to feel safe and happy at school. I thought about your son today and hoped he had a better experience. Keep on top of the situation and let the school know if something changes. Unfortunately we aren't always aware of everything that happens school. I hope alaska jr. has a great year!
With my wife being a former teacher (18 years in the classroom) and now a sub and PTA board member, along with my daughter being in her 5th year in the classroom, I try my best to approach things with supporting the teacher without sacrificing my priority being my kiddo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT