ADVERTISEMENT

"We'll worry about next year, next year"

toddhawkwi

Team MVP
Sep 11, 2002
Asbury, IA
Kirk said this Saturday night. As someone who tries to be positive, one thing I thought would happen was that, given an extra 2 months, Kirk would figure out, find and start grooming a new offensive coordinator so they could target the players we need to retool the offense (I know.. not intelligent on my part). It's transfer portal season and we're sure not going to attract anyone without prospects having specifics on the changes and exactly why we'll be better. They sure won't be coming here right now based on "we'll execute better". But now I'm thinking Kirk truly frittered away the last 2 months with no intention of changing anything and will promote internally. I hope I'm wrong but this week would've been the week to move forward. I'm not seeing it.

Kirk said this Saturday night. As someone who tries to be positive, one thing I thought would happen was that, given an extra 2 months, Kirk would figure out, find and start grooming a new offensive coordinator so they could target the players we need to retool the offense (I know.. not intelligent on my part). It's transfer portal season and we're sure not going to attract anyone without prospects having specifics on the changes and exactly why we'll be better. They sure won't be coming here right now based on "we'll execute better". But now I'm thinking Kirk truly frittered away the last 2 months with no intention of changing anything and will promote internally. I hope I'm wrong but this week would've been the week to move forward. I'm not seeing it.
Right now, is the time to get an OC with all the portal entries.

He's either going to promote internally or retire.
Even though he has said he is coming back, I could see him retire and try to get on the NCAA rules committee to fix the review process. He has stated many times that he is not a fan on the direction of college football, this would be a good and easy way out.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr.PhilSuess
Please supply your list of OCs that would of left their current team mid-season to be "groomed" by KF.

Even though he has said he is coming back, I could see him retire and try to get on the NCAA rules committee to fix the review process. He has stated many times that he is not a fan on the direction of college football, this would be a good and easy way out.
You mean for the HOF? I don't see him either coaching more just to try to get to 60% or doing something behind the scenes to try to change it. That doesn't mean that someone will try to lobby the HOF to make an exception, but I don't think it will be KF.

He doesn’t think the offense needs retooling. Just cleaned up a bit….Do you realize Iowa won 10 games this year?

You mean for the HOF? I don't see him either coaching more just to try to get to 60% or doing something behind the scenes to try to change it. That doesn't mean that someone will try to lobby the HOF to make an exception, but I don't think it will be KF.
He wins the next game, he is at 60 percent. You typed it like he is a long ways off.

Reactions: doughuddl2
No, for the review process during the games that is all over the place and so sporadic with explanations (like the incomplete pass that was ruled a fumble and given to UM when the explanation was "his arm was moving forward but the hand wasn't", bullshite).

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT