ADVERTISEMENT

Welp….

NONE of this can be true...Almost ALL OF THE PSU TROLLS Guaranteed
Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
that Taylor would NEVER leave State college because of his training school and his Wife's business. they REPEATEDLY said that DT wouldn't leave State College because he was next to follow Cael as the PSTATE coach and he couldn't be swayed... They all knew Taylor's thoughts because they are all on the INSIDE TRACK and the WE ARE folks know everything about wrestling...hell they invented it...just ask them.
Well, we were talking about him going to Iowa, not OSU. And he might be next in line to succeed Cael, who knows? I doubt Sanderson is retiring in five years.

Last edited:
Reactions: tack8
Oklahoma State will contend for a title this year if they land both Ailerez and Hendrickson. I would probably but them as the favorites if they land those 2 and get Haines, Kasak and Bearclaw to follow Taylor.

We all know this isn't happening, right?

Tried to told ya'll... DT said there were 3 jobs he would take.

You also tried to tell us stuff that wasn't true. You're basically a slightly more likable Mineo.

Congrats to OSU. This will be a home run hire for them. Amazing what can be done and how fast when some donors want to make power moves. DT said he would take 3 jobs. I’m hoping Iowa was one of them but timing was in OSU’s favor with Smith retiring.

TNT will not win another title at Iowa, and it’s going to get worse before it gets better. DT at Iowa with Iowa resources could have been dare I say magical.

We all know this isn't happening, right?

You also tried to tell us stuff that wasn't true. You're basically a slightly more likable Mineo.

I'll take the "more likable" part. lol

But seriously, we screwed the pooch on this one. PSU is PSU, Tantom recruits better than us and now okiest has the same infrastructure as PSU with the THE NAME for this generation's wrestlers.

Reactions: TarpHawk
The doom and gloom in this thread is BEYOND ridiculous. Some of you are so far gone there is no help for you and I am sure some of you aren't even truly Iowa wrestling fans. The sky has NOT fallen. OkState is NOT all of a sudden going to be neck and neck with PSU.

Yes, DT is a big name. Yes, he will have recruiting success initially by name recognition alone. But Oklahoma is NOT PA. Backyard talent and overall depth are huge components. He will still have to fight Cael for PA recruits and Ryan(tOSU is still HUGE to all growing up in Ohio) for Ohio recruits.

DT will start hot in the recruiting game, but you WILL see OkState level off. Now, that doesn't mean they won't make it harder for Iowa to contend. They most certainly will. But, PSU will STILL be firmly at the top for the time being....

This I think this is the start of Cael’s coaching tree that will rival Gable’s. And even with Taylor never having been a coach. Recruiting will be as simple as Hi I am David Taylor here is your NIL amount and I am assuming he was promised a set amount of NIL each year. All the resources are set up from what Smith had provided. It’s not like he is starting a program from the beginning like Clarissa did with the women’s program. I really think he will be nipping at PSU’s heals within at least 3-5 years. Imagine how many fans will be in Beaver Stadium in the next couple of years when they host PSU vs OSU. 42,000 will be left in the dust, like our scoring record. If major changes don’t happen after this next season we will be in worse problems with recruiting and the portal than we are starting to show in getting the very elite recruits. OSU now being an even more viable option for recruits that was starting to be seen when they brought in Coleman. I figure the first to fall will be Alirez probably choosing OSU now. I think it’s too late for something this year but I think we need to see Beth earn her paycheck next year. I love what the Brands have done and represented but their time and style is coming to an end. And yes Brands helped get the money for the concrete bunker, Iowa built Carver for Lute Olsen and he never played a game in it. This additional reality check warrants significant changes.
If you're a gun guy, go buy the biography of Gaston Glock, the inventor or developer of the Glock handgun. It's the closest thing I can see to relate to Cael in the business world. Glock changed handguns prior to anyone knowing things were going to change. And Yes I do think his coaching tree will resemble Gable's and be similar to Bill Walsh's.

Prob thinking he should have got his deal inked before leaving UNC. He def has done amazing with his 141-157 pounders in the 5-6 years.
Terry to HWC, Scott as head assistant would be an inspired move. It would be short term, but in terms of possible assistant upgrades, scott’s as good as it gets.

But at this point, the die is cast. In three years, Iowa’s ceiling will be 3rd until Cael retires.

For those who keep whining “he has no experience” you are extremely short sighted. This guy changed the landscape of PA youth wrestling in just a couple years while still training full time. Who talks about Young Guns anymore? It’s all M2 now. He was instrumental in the talent accumulation in the NLWC. He’s one of the most iconic USA wrestlers this century. He’s going to beat the brakes off TNT (i mean morningstar and telford) on the trail and his development record is phenomenal with young wrestlers. He’s the protege of the greatest coach of all time.

Nothing is certain, but he’s the best coaching prospect of all time imo.

The doom and gloom in this thread is BEYOND ridiculous. Some of you are so far gone there is no help for you and I am sure some of you aren't even truly Iowa wrestling fans. The sky has NOT fallen. OkState is NOT all of a sudden going to be neck and neck with PSU.

Yes, DT is a big name. Yes, he will have recruiting success initially by name recognition alone. But Oklahoma is NOT PA. Backyard talent and overall depth are huge components. He will still have to fight Cael for PA recruits and Ryan(tOSU is still HUGE to all growing up in Ohio) for Ohio recruits.

DT will start hot in the recruiting game, but you WILL see OkState level off. Now, that doesn't mean they won't make it harder for Iowa to contend. They most certainly will. But, PSU will STILL be firmly at the top for the time being....

Literally everything you just said confirms all of our very real fears and the facts. We ain't sniffing a chip for a LONG TIME. Easily another decade.

Literally everything you just said confirms all of our very real fears and the facts. We ain't sniffing a chip for a LONG TIME. Easily another decade.
And DT was NOT changing that. PSU is an absolute juggernaught right now and the portal along with NIL only ratched that up ten fold....

You can cry and whine and scream it all you want, but it doesn't change that fact one bit. DT wasn't the answer for Iowa no matter how much you wanted it to be...

And DT was NOT changing that. PSU is an absolute juggernaught right now and the portal along with NIL only ratched that up ten fold....

You can cry and whine and scream it all you want, but it doesn't change that fact one bit. DT wasn't the answer for Iowa no matter how much you wanted it to be...
but he literally was. You admitted as much when you said he's going to be out recruiting us with immediacy.

While PSU will be PSU for at least the next 4 years - it's now going to be Okiest PSU actually battling for chips.

NOT. US. And that's what's sad. While there was some hope we could MAYBE, POSSIBLY challenge PSU in some future years just based off the fact that there has to be a second place team. That is now dead.

I'll take the "more likable" part. lol

But seriously, we screwed the pooch on this one. PSU is PSU, Tantom recruits better than us and now okiest has the same infrastructure as PSU with the THE NAME for this generation's wrestlers.

Very interested to see if all this comes to fruition from a resources and ultimately a success standpoint. If he is as successful as many here are expecting, Iowa will have to respond in one way or another.

Even though I've been outspoken against Brands, I can't jump on the "Iowa screwed up" train. Iowa has a current, successful HC and they believe he's the guy to turn things around. I don't think he is, but those with actual power and influence do. If he doesn't, they will be looking for the next big thing down the road.

I don't see him being as effective as Taylor. Taylor is an elite wrestler that also screams coach and has already been making elite prospects as a coach. Taylor combines elite ability with that gym rat mentality that often makes good coaches. JB hasn't shown any desire to coach. JB was effective as hell with his lightening double and elite explosiveness but that doesn't translate to others as well as Taylor's style.
Great insight. DT has that “coach mentality” that comes naturally. He’s gonna light it the hell up in Stillwater.

He is a hell of a lot more of an answer than what we have going on now.

While OKST is out there hitting home runs, I still haven't heard an interview from Tom since the season ended other than a 3 minute one after nationals and the new facility "tour". Not even anything post trials. No recruits landed. No portal landings. Is there any good news in sight?
We got a commit from a Greco-Roman world team member. Not sure how he translates to folk at this level.

Oh and Spencer Lee killing some demons... more to come.

but he literally was. You admitted as much when you said he's going to be out recruiting us with immediacy.

While PSU will be PSU for at least the next 4 years - it's now going to be Okiest PSU actually battling for chips.

NOT. US. And that's what's sad. While there was some hope we could MAYBE, POSSIBLY challenge PSU in some future years just based off the fact that there has to be a second place team. That is now dead.
I also said he WILL level off. The hot new coach affect will wear off. That isn't to say he won't still be a solid recruiter. But, he will NEVER recruit like Sanderson has. No one ever has and no one will again any time soon.

On top of it all, you wanted to just broom Brands out for him. The ONLY reason DT is at OkState is because Smith retired. Without that, he would NOT be coaching ANYWHERE. No matter your thoughts on Brands he has absolutely earned the right to still be there and he will be there until his contract expires or he decides to retire.

I am sorry, but I was never sold on DT as the "savior". Maybe he proves me wrong. Maybe not. Time will tell, but I was not one to go after an unproven, big name while you have a proven still there that has worked very hard to raise 30 million dollars. If not for Covid, I think many of you would, although begrudgingly, have a much better opinion of the Brands.

Very interested to see if all this comes to fruition from a resources and ultimately a success standpoint. If he is as successful as many here are expecting, Iowa will have to respond in one way or another.

Even though I've been outspoken against Brands, I can't jump on the "Iowa screwed up" train. Iowa has a current, successful HC and they believe he's the guy to turn things around. I don't think he is, but those with actual power and influence do. If he doesn't, they will be looking for the next big thing down the road.
The fact Iowa can look at results since 2010 and the trajectory of the program and think Tom is going to turn things around is where the problem is. Spencer Lee and some luck caught lightning in a bottle for a couple years but it's gone now. Yes Tom has been successful but not outstanding and certainly not successful enough to consistently maintain the standards expected.

I also said he WILL level off. The hot new coach affect will wear off. That isn't to say he won't still be a solid recruiter. But, he will NEVER recruit like Sanderson has. No one ever has and no one will again any time soon.

On top of it all, you wanted to just broom Brands out for him. The ONLY reason DT is at OkState is because Smith retired. Without that, he would NOT be coaching ANYWHERE. No matter your thoughts on Brands he has absolutely earned the right to still be there and he will be there until his contract expires or he decides to retire.

I am sorry, but I was never sold on DT as the "savior". Maybe he proves me wrong. Maybe not. Time will tell, but I was not one to go after an unproven, big name while you have a proven still there that has worked very hard to raise 30 million dollars. If not for Covid, I think many of you would, although begrudgingly, have a much better opinion of the Brands.
How do you know these things as facts?

Edit to add that earning the right to be out there coaching should be a year-to-year thing. How many college coaches have we seen over the years that coached well beyond their expiration date due to the mentality you expressed? Some programs never returned to glory after being dormant for so long.

Last edited:

Lol this is such a loser mentality.

If you go on to you tube and watch David Taylor coaching at M2 you will see Jax Forrest and Bo Basset right in front hanging on every word in the videos, along with Levi Haines and several P4P wrestlers.
I am not saying David will get them all, but it isn't a stretch to see he has built quit a relationship with some studs.
This will certainly divide the PA kids, which could be good for Iowa.
I just hope it doesn't mean Iowa will be a distant 3rd - 5th.
The transfer portal is closed, so I don't think he can bring in any PSU guys without them losing a year of eligibility. That doesn't mean he can't go get Lilledahl, Forrest, Bassett, Gibson, etc. I'm guessing Hendrickson will become official now. Alirez is probably a gonna be a Cowboy too. Amine?

How do you know these things as facts?

Edit to add that earning the right to be out there coaching should be a year-to-year thing. How many college coaches have we seen over the years that coached well beyond their expiration date due to the mentality you expressed? Some programs never returned to glory after being dormant for so long.
Obviously, it is an opinion based in the fact that everyone other than Sanderson has leveled off in recruiting and I am sure as hell not appointing him as remotely at Sanderson's level anytime soon.

As far as Brands "earning" it goes, they have been far from "dormant". They were the best team in 2020, won it in 2021, took 3rd in 2022, 2nd in 2023 and 5th(6 points out of 2nd) while losing 4 starters to a gambling fiasco that is now most likely generating millions of dollars in lawsuits.

Again, the whole point of my argument is that this disparity is a PSU thing WAY MORE than an Iowa thing. Many on here just simply can't grasp that point and are looking for "magical" fixes and extreme blaming, when Sanderson and PSU simply deserve incredible amounts of credit for doing something I never thought possible in this sport...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT