ADVERTISEMENT

What’s on the menu for the Easter holiday?

Fijimn

HR Legend
May 7, 2008
We are having a family lunch tomorrow, the usual honey ham and Mac n cheese; but going with a slow roasted salmon w/ dill sauce; grilled shrimp and oysters (grilled and raw). I have 2 flats in the brine since Sunday - but that’s just to mess around with.

Smoked ham on the Pit Barrel Cooker with a Mexican Coca-Cola based glaze.

Need ideas for sides, though....

Going to my parents' house with the family. Not sure what it will be. Some years it's ham, some years it's lamb. Probably mashed potatoes and freezer corn. Often a salad with spinach, beets, red onion and I forget if it's blue cheese or feta. One somewhat uncommon thing that almost always accompanies ham (or lamb) in our family is "curried fruit" which is pears, peaches, pineapple and cherries baked in a curry/sugar/butter sauce--a really nice aromatic and sweet counterbalance to salty meat.

We are having a family lunch tomorrow, the usual honey ham and Mac n cheese; but going with a slow roasted salmon w/ dill sauce; grilled shrimp and oysters (grilled and raw). I have 2 flats in the brine since Sunday - but that’s just to mess around with.
Tell me about your grilled oysters.

Explode Freak Out GIF by Instacart

Going to my parents' house with the family. Not sure what it will be. Some years it's ham, some years it's lamb. Probably mashed potatoes and freezer corn. Often a salad with spinach, beets, red onion and I forget if it's blue cheese or feta. One somewhat uncommon thing that almost always accompanies ham (or lamb) in our family is "curried fruit" which is pears, peaches, pineapple and cherries baked in a curry/sugar/butter sauce--a really nice aromatic and sweet counterbalance to salty meat.

Tell me about your grilled oysters.
So I got a half sack of gulf oysters and I’ll shuck them and then toss the shell with the meat on the fire with clarified butter and parm. I also to some with a Rockefeller topping

Killer smoked ham with au gratin potatoes. A killer hash brown and sausage casserole as well and some fruit. Delish.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT