ADVERTISEMENT

What if?

The offense still stinks next season or the next two seasons?
If that happens, which is very plausible, the fanbase will only grow more restless. The end scenario will only be more evident, in that, KF will be urged even more to retire sooner than later. I want to say that less and less people, even on here, will become less accepting of the product on the field but I now realize that many/some people won't change their viewpoints no matter how obvious the results are. People are dug in and on one side of the fence or the other.

Me, I just want to win and if KF can continue to do that without embarrassing us, I'm good with it.

I think if folks can see a change in strategy/thinking, they'll be reasonable....unless it's a poop show. It's plausible that with a dramatic shift, we could have some "square pegs/round holes" for a year (hopefully not two).

Kind of "we can see what you're trying to do, so we'll try and be patient" for a bit.

I think if folks can see a change in strategy/thinking, they'll be reasonable....unless it's a poop show. It's plausible that with a dramatic shift, we could have some "square pegs/round holes" for a year (hopefully not two).

Kind of "we can see what you're trying to do, so we'll try and be patient" for a bit.
Yeah, I agree with this. Improvement that is, at least, semi-visible offensively, will be a welcome observation. I really hope we start seeing it this upcoming season. It's been too long.

Expectations for a new offense to be gangbusters the first year or two is unrealistic. Look at Wiscy this year, the pieces are there, just needs another year to gel and get personnel in. Iowa though has nowhere to go but up, so little improvement will be seen as giant strides.
i can't wait to lose my clairvoyance in predicting sacks and INTs. that alone will be fantastic.

you have to exclude his immediate family and tailor

Yes, but honestly there are a whole bunch of intellectually challenged folks on here who really do think, many of us were Pro Brian. A lot of dumb people in the world…

Meh….,dumb isn’t the right word. They are so fixated on their own thoughts and needs they can’t see what is actually happening elsewhere…which makes them incapable of processing info on a deep level.

Most of us KF “apologists” just want to win games. If you guaranteed me my neighbor Lara (who my wife can’t stand) could keep our nationally talked about defense cooking and we still kept winning this many games and more….id sign off on That in a second….

It’s the other way that concerns me…

Last edited:
There aren't still people out there that feel Brian should have been retained... Are there?

giphy.gif

If the next offense scores 18 pts a game it will be better, 21 pts a game should be good to win most games.

I am not worried about the yards per game avg. I go be points per game, first down conversions. can we pound the ball and score TDs in the redzone. etc.

Like someone said, a 98th ranked offense will be roughly a 20 % improvement and in a first year OC's system or changes I think that will be a positive

I really dont see a huge improvement this coming year but in 2025, with an even better OLine to go with Proctor, some better WRs, and better QB play I think it will be maybe a third better or more

Need a QB that can be depended on to make the makeable throws. Need an OL that can work together to provide some holes for RB's and time for the QB to make throws.

These things are not things you wish for. They are things you expect. The Hawks have enough talent to do these things. Coaches need to get the team executing the basics of offense.

It's still a total mystery to me why the offense was the worst in the country. Think about it - THE WORST IN THE COUNTRY.

It shouldn't be happening. The Iowa players are not THAT bad. You can't change players all at once, so you change coaches.

this is impossible.
When you are literally dead last you can’t do worse. Any and I mean any incremental improvement will be welcome at this point..
The Simpsons GIF

Reactions: AEG82
Brian Ferentz was the OC for a team that finished with ten wins.
If you take this statement as the beginning and end of the discussion, and some people do (including Brian’s dad), then I can totally see the reasoning behind believing BF should still be part of the staff.

I think scoring better than -28 pts in the three biggest games of year would be improvement and reasonable expectation for new OC.

I can probably help you....

F5N5 with a huge mancrush on Brian. He's cornered the market on BG dolls and has pins stuck in all of their eyes.

Come on man….he’s probably just f-ing with people. Even if you like Brian, F, as a person & the anecdotal stuff I’ve seen has always put me off, and if you thought he got railroaded by his dad, and never got a fair chance, there is honestly no way over the last three seasons of worse and worse train wrecks. Anyone would think he should’ve been retained ….

Right?!? 🤔

Come on man….he’s probably just f-ing with people. Even if you like Brian, F, as a person & the anecdotal stuff I’ve seen has always put me off, and if you thought he got railroaded by his dad, and never got a fair chance, there is honestly no way over the last three seasons of worse and worse train wrecks. Anyone would think he should’ve been retained ….

Right?!? 🤔
@F5n5 can you please chime in on this and set Mr CM straight? He's completely dissing you and your BF admiration.

Reactions: PNWHawk
If, God forbid, the offense is still horrible for the next season or two, it'll be the same ol', same ol'.

We'll moan and bitch and complain, but at the end of the day, we'll still be Hawk fans. And let's face it, because of how bad its been in the last 2.5-3+ seasons, I'm expecting more of the same again next year - no matter who the new OC is.

Its frustrating as all hell, but when the head man prioritizes defense and specials teams so much more than offense, we get what we get.

That Iowa lost by a combined 92-0 vs the three best opponents on their whole schedule should be embarrassing as all hell, but KF just seems to shrug it off and throws out platitudes like "We won 10 games this year, not sure if you knew that", etc.

The very fact they won 10 games this past season is the reason why PP and LW are so very important at their coordinator positions.

Right?!? 🤔
Does this sound like a guy that is glad Brian is gone? Here's one of his comments from his own Brian Ferentz Appreciation thread at the end of the year.

I have the opinion that you gotta use wins and losses to judge a coordinator.
it was stupid for the Lesbian to fire the OC mid-season.
thankfully Brian has great character and stayed with it the entire season.

The only guy that might be more pissed about Brian being gone than Kirk is this guy.

Yeah, I agree with this. Improvement that is, at least, semi-visible offensively, will be a welcome observation. I really hope we start seeing it this upcoming season. It's been too long.
That's me in a nutshell, little improvements and maybe once a game I would like to be pleasantly surprised by a motion or play design.

IMO what is going to kill KF's legacy is if by year 3/4 this O still sucks which would mean he wasted a talent in PP. I also think he'll leave a sour taste for some considering he never called plays but dictated what the offense could do which for 90% of his tenure was below average.

Does this sound like a guy that is glad Brian is gone? Here's one of his comments from his own Brian Ferentz Appreciation thread at the end of the year.

I have the opinion that you gotta use wins and losses to judge a coordinator.
it was stupid for the Lesbian to fire the OC mid-season.
thankfully Brian has great character and stayed with it the entire season.

The only guy that might be more pissed about Brian being gone than Kirk is this guy.

Yeah I read that…interesting choice of the “L” word, but maybe it’s Brian 🤷‍♂️

This current staff allowed DeJong to return for another year.

Yeah, don't question them.
Allowed DeJong to return? At the end of this year, DeJong's backup was a lightly recruited defensive lineman who was a true freshman this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT