ADVERTISEMENT

What is the most pain you've ever been in?

fredjr82

HB Legend
Nov 13, 2007
Procedure, injury, ailment, virus, disease, etc?

The one that comes to mind for me was a lower back issue. I was playing tag with my kids in the pool. Everything seemed fine until 2-3 hours after getting out of the pool. Then my lower back tightened up. I couldn't stand up straight for a couple of days.

It's hell getting old and I really hope back issues forget about me

The one that comes to mind for me was a lower back issue. I was playing tag with my kids in the pool. Everything seemed fine until 2-3 hours after getting out of the pool. Then my lower back tightened up. I couldn't stand up straight for a couple of days.

2nd and 3rd degree burns from ankle to knee. 6 years old. I won’t forget.

Last edited:
26 years old. In the Coast Guard. Had to get a hemorrhoidectomy at the Navy Hospital at Portsmouth, VA.

This freaking place was like a Soviet-era hospital. Concrete block walls painted an institutional green color. No TVs in the room (only in a communal day room). Had a roommate who probably hated my guts because I was screaming in pain for hours.

I woke up after surgery and was freaking crawling the walls in pain. The nurse said the doctor won't make rounds for TWELVE HOURS and they can't give me anything stronger until he orders it.

It was the worst 12 hours of my life.

Easy. I was doing a pec deck machine and my pec exploded off the bone. Had to have it surgically reattached.

I wrecked a motorcycle when I was 18 and ripped most of the skin on the right side of my body off. I'm talking like when your body oozes plasma level burns. They treated me as a burn victim. Anyway, I'm in the hospital and they have me hooked up to a morphine drip and I'm in so much pain my body subconsciously is hitting the button just to make sure I get the hit as soon as it goes in my sleep type shit. Anyway.

I gotta go home. Wounds like that scab this deep plasma thick white shit and if you **** up and can dry and actually start to scab but I had to physically clean my wounds as bits of gravel and debris came out of my body.

So after a day or two at home I have to take a bath. I'm 18, up until this point in time I'm an invincible stud. 6'2, 190, D1 Scholly, blonde hair, blue eyes, and now my mother, well respected in the cardiac cath lab Community looks at me and hands me a couple of pain pills and a glass full of whiskey and tells me to take them and go lay in the tub naked so she can take what is basically a bristle pad and physically scrub this top layer of plasma off my wounds.

I'm a tough guy. When she was tearing that shit off my muscles and I'm trying to maintain some semblance of manhood, that was as low as I've ever been. I was in enough mental and physical pain I wanted to quit.

* I've mentioned this before but as part of all of this I called the coach, laying in a hospital bed, from UW milwaukee and told him what had happened and they rescinded my scholorship. So as she was scrubbing I had no idea if I was ever going to play again.

Last edited:
A tie for me:

A gunshot to the lower leg, the bullet went through the calf muscle, ricocheted off the femur, chipping it, and that sent the bullet out the back of the leg near the ankle, with a little shrapnel still in the leg.
The shot was bad, and the rehab starting to walk was no walk in the park

137 verified wasp stings with 130 of the stings from shoulders up
I was playing around an old barn and threw a rock at an old tiller ( I think), and as soon as the rock hit, I was instantly attacked.
At first, I thought I was ok, then I started losing vision, then breathing became difficult, then panic and pain set in.

A 30-minute ride to the closest emergency room was agonizing. I spent 2 days in the hospital while the swelling subsided, and I could breathe better, but I was positively sure I was going to die.
The nurse told my Mom the number of times I was stung which included being stung in my mouth and throat, both nostrils, both ears, and the right eye.

A tie for me:

A gunshot to the lower leg, the bullet went through the calf muscle, ricocheted off the femur, chipping it, and that sent the bullet out the back of the leg near the ankle, with a little shrapnel still in the leg.

I was playing around an old barn and threw a rock at an old tiller ( I think), and as soon as the rock hit, I was instantly attacked.
At first, I thought I was ok, then I started losing vision, then breathing became difficult, then panic and pain set in.

A 30-minute ride to the closest emergency room was agonizing. I spent 2 days in the hospital while the swelling subsided, and I could breathe better, but I was positively sure I was going to die.
The nurse told my Mom the number of times I was stung which included being stung in my mouth and throat, both nostrils, both ears, and the right eye.
Sure yer gay?

Been pretty blessed in my life so far. I've had a broken arm and broken leg, and while painful, nothing intolerable. rehabbing from having my knee scoped to repair a torn mcl was pretty bad for a week or so while recovering, but again, pretty manageable. Maybe I'm just not a pussy? lol, I kid.

06bigten-superJumbo.jpg

Some crazy injuries suffered by some of you. Wow.

I’ve broken bones and separated shoulders but having an ingrown [big] toenail pulled out - I was in high school but from what I remember, it was awful.

I’ve been pretty lucky in my adult years.

Reactions: wilson reborn
Staff infection in big toe. When pulled out it was between 1/4" and 1/2" in mass. 2 days of constant level 8 pain and when the doc went in to remove the infection the localized pain relief shot had not taken effect. Pain level went straight to eleventy billion.
Similarly...when I was about 17 I foolishly cut my own left pointer finger and thumb. It certainly hurt...but when the ER doc, or nurse, went to scrub the wounds BEFORE the local took effect I came off of the gurney like I was shot from a cannon. OMG did that hurt...that was about 45 years ago now and I still hate that memory.

The kidney stone I had last fall. I was happy when my pain level was at a 5. 5 days of agony until the surgery.

Strangely enough trying to piss after surgery. Thought I was going to pass out from dick pain

Just went through that last month. I never, ever want to have a catheter installed ever again. 10 straight days of pissing razor blades - I honestly don't know how else to describe it.

I absolutely destroyed my knee once, so bad I passed out from pain 3 different times. I tore my shoulder up once where the swelling was so bad it looked like I had a hump - every movement I made including breathing hurt like hell.

Hell, I've got so many scars on my body I honestly don't know exactly how many there are any more (I can remember 13 but I suspect there's actually more). But NOTHING stung as sharply as pissing after I got that catheter removed...and it was 10 goddam days of it.

Reactions: Colonoscopy
Dislocated shoulder where it was pushing through my armpit and the back shoulder blade popped straight up like a chicken wing. Saw a flash of white stars and almost passed out. Could barely talk or move until I was able to pop it back into place 15 mins later and the pain level went back to tolerable instantly. Still cracks and pops and gives me mild discomfort today.

Picked up a cast iron skillet out of the oven and had an ankle acl/mcl sprain in hs baseball where the ligament/tendons popped so loud the 2nd baseman and 1b coach heard it and almost puked, but both were nowhere near the pain of the shoulder dislocation.

Not my pic, but was exactly like this.

G7OymCU.jpg

Similarly...when I was about 17 I foolishly cut my own left pointer finger and thumb. It certainly hurt...but when the ER doc, or nurse, went to scrub the wounds BEFORE the local took effect I came off of the gurney like I was shot from a cannon. OMG did that hurt...that was about 45 years ago now and I still hate that memory.
friends fist bump GIF

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
A tie for me:

You win

Just went through that last month. I never, ever want to have a catheter installed ever again. 10 straight days of pissing razor blades - I honestly don't know how else to describe it.

I absolutely destroyed my knee once, so bad I passed out from pain 3 different times. I tore my shoulder up once where the swelling was so bad it looked like I had a hump - every movement I made including breathing hurt like hell.

Hell, I've got so many scars on my body I honestly don't know exactly how many there are any more (I can remember 13 but I suspect there's actually more). But NOTHING stung as sharply as pissing after I got that catheter removed...and it was 10 goddam days of it.
Christ. It was just a day or so for me. I was on the verge of passing out a few times. Evil.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT