ADVERTISEMENT

What programs would you like to see do well?

Feb 25, 2015
Not including Iowa? For me, Pitt,Iowa State,and Wisconsin come to mind. Heck,even West Virginia. I like what NC State and Virginia Tech have done lately. Whatcha think?

Well, three threads on Stoll are enough! Had to switch the conversation to something more relavant! By the way, my next post may be, “Will concussion protocol ruin wrestling? Let’s do a thread post,within a post?
Great idea!
You should start all of your new threads right here in this thread.
tenor.gif

1.)MSU, for obviously selfish reasons. I have given up on wanting to see them fail miserably. Expecting an eventual push for change from the Athletic Department was folly. They simply don't care if wrestling does well....

2.)tOSU-Tom Ryan-He has always come off as a good guy to me and after this: https://www.newsday.com/sports/gett...they-recover-from-his-stunning-death-1.669855 I just can't help tearing up when I picture him running aimlessly with his son in his harms completely helpless! No parent should ever have to deal with that...........

3.)OkState-John Smith-He has done so much for the sport and also comes off as a really good guy.

4.)CMU-Borelli-Nice to see a smaller Michigan school have steady success.

5.)Missouri-Brian Smith-Another genuine guy and an MSU Alum.

2.)tOSU-Tom Ryan-He has always come off as a good guy to me and after this: https://www.newsday.com/sports/gett...they-recover-from-his-stunning-death-1.669855 I just can't help tearing up when I picture him running aimlessly with his son in his harms completely helpless! No parent should ever have to deal with that...........

Wow. I did not know that story about Tom Ryan. That's heart-breaking. I do recall that Tom Ryan said some very generous things about Cory Clark's toughness after Cory won nationals in 2017.

I’d like to see ASU, Oklahoma, ISU do well and reestablish their old brands.

I also want Michigan, NC State, UNC, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Mizzou to keep making gains and fighting for those top 10/top 15 positions.

I’d also like to see a team like Fresno St. or another Cali team cracking that top 25, and bringing some excitement out west in terms of collegiate wrestling.

The caveat being that if wrestlers from any of those teams encounter a hawkeye, I hope the hawk annihilates them.

Pittsburgh
Was really hoping they’d pick up a big name like Rosselli
That state needs another power program to compete with Carl

Fresno st
ASU
Oregon st

Reactions: Chaos
1.)MSU, for obviously selfish reasons. I have given up on wanting to see them fail miserably. Expecting an eventual push for change from the Athletic Department was folly. They simply don't care if wrestling does well....

3.)OkState-John Smith-He has done so much for the sport and also comes off as a really good guy.

4.)CMU-Borelli-Nice to see a smaller Michigan school have steady success.

5.)Missouri-Brian Smith-Another genuine guy and an MSU Alum.
I hope PSU, Iowa, Michigan and Cornell do well too... oh wait, they already are.
tenor.gif

Oklahoma. They were once a Powerhouse (Way back when) and even the Hodge Trophy is named after one of their own.... Sure haven't heard much out of them for quite sometime....

Decent thread.

I would like to see any programs outside of the Big10, and outside of the Midwest/Pennsylvania area do well in order to expand the geographic reach of the sport.

I'd mainly like to see more programs at the HS and college level add women's wrestling. That would be the biggest move to save the sport.

Like Laxhawk mentioned would like to see Fresno or another Cali team become more relevant. I would like to see Central Florida elevate from NWCA level to Div. I and become competitive.

Oklahoma. They were once a Powerhouse (Way back when) and even the Hodge Trophy is named after one of their own.... Sure haven't heard much out of them for quite sometime....

It looks they’re bringing in some decent talent, hopefully they can get to the upper part of the Big 12 again. I lived in Norman for a few months and really enjoyed it.

Reactions: BIG10MANIAC
I’d like to see ASU, Oklahoma, ISU do well and reestablish their old brands.

I also want Michigan, NC State, UNC, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Mizzou to keep making gains and fighting for those top 10/top 15 positions.

I’d also like to see a team like Fresno St. or another Cali team cracking that top 25, and bringing some excitement out west in terms of collegiate wrestling.

The caveat being that if wrestlers from any of those teams encounter a hawkeye, I hope the hawk annihilates them.

Similarly, for the overall health of the sport, I would like to see teams in different regions regain strength like those mentioned above, ASU, OK, etc. There is no reason that there shouldn't be a few good west coast teams too.

I'm kind of surprised that no one has given best wishes to Minnesota to become relevant again.

It used to be a pretty good rivalry for the Hawks when the Gophers were favored in more than two matches.

Reactions: WDuck5217
I want Iowa to crush Minnesota and ISU every time, but I'd rather we crush them when they are also top 10 teams and not because we can beat them while still forfeiting three matches if we wanted. And then Pitt and Rutgers so they can put a dent into PSU just a little bit.

Reactions: Chaos
I would like to see Iowa schedule a home and away against them. One of the few teams Iowa has a losing record against. 16-17 record i beleive

Reactions: BIG10MANIAC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT