ADVERTISEMENT

What would you do if your child came out as transgender?

This whole topic disgustingly reminds me that ignorance and bigotry are just part of our civilization and sadly part of my immediate family.
My dad had an aunt that married a black man in the 60’s and she was completely disowned by her family. I didn’t even know about them until I was a teenager, some 30 years later. It was only after her dad died that she was invited to join our family reunion. I had to ask my dad who they were when they showed up because I had never met them and definitely didn’t realize they were family. It was pretty much forbidden to talk about them.
I’m glad she was the bigger person and didn’t hate and resent her brothers for their father’s failure to accept her interracial marriage. Yet my dad still to this day uses the N word. I love him, but don’t respect him at all. My half brother is the same way. Racist and misogynistic.
We had gay family members on that side who were mocked and ridiculed behind their backs, in front of us children. I have a cousin who waited until after my grandfather died before she came out because of that.

I thought we had moved past all of this when we elected our first black president, but boy was I wrong! Look no further than all of the republican transphobic ads that you see lately, it’s absolutely appalling and definitely hate speech.

Sorry for the long rant, I just can’t believe what this country has fallen to in a decade.

This whole topic disgustingly reminds me that ignorance and bigotry are just part of our civilization and sadly part of my immediate family.
My dad had an aunt that married a black man in the 60’s and she was completely disowned by her family. I didn’t even know about them until I was a teenager, some 30 years later. It was only after her dad died that she was invited to join our family reunion. I had to ask my dad who they were when they showed up because I had never met them and definitely didn’t realize they were family. It was pretty much forbidden to talk about them.
I’m glad she was the bigger person and didn’t hate and resent her brothers for their father’s failure to accept her interracial marriage. Yet my dad still to this day uses the N word. I love him, but don’t respect him at all. My half brother is the same way. Racist and misogynistic.
We had gay family members on that side who were mocked and ridiculed behind their backs, in front of us children. I have a cousin who waited until after my grandfather died before she came out because of that.

I thought we had moved past all of this when we elected our first black president, but boy was I wrong! Look no further than all of the republican transphobic ads that you see lately, it’s absolutely appalling and definitely hate speech.

Sorry for the long rant, I just can’t believe what this country has fallen to in a decade.
What does race have to do with trannyism, moron? Suck it up, Buttercup!!

It’s all hate you fvcking moron. I’m not surprised you couldn’t grasp that though, Cletus.
Angry Verbal Abuse GIF by CBC

You're so desperate...trying to link a deviant sexual fantasy to the scourge that is actual racism. Pull it harder...it will come eventually, freak. NOT!
Don’t act like you’re not a racist POS. If you support Trump, you support racism, misogyny, transphobia, etc, etc… you’re not worth the few seconds it took to type this. No wonder most of this board has you on ignore. You can respond to me, but I won’t waste anymore time on you or your ilk.

Don’t act like you’re not a racist POS. If you support Trump, you support racism, misogyny, transphobia, etc, etc… you’re not worth the few seconds it took to type this. No wonder most of this board has you on ignore. You can respond to me, but I won’t waste anymore time on you or your ilk.
Educate yourself, pervert!

Do you mind sharing your age and where you live. With transgenderism being such a small part of the population, I found your statement surprising.
I'm 41 and I live in Des Moines. I get it is a small part of our population but I've immersed myself in a lot of different groups and have made friends from all kinds of backgrounds. To break it down I guess I have one trans friend who I consider a close friend, a couple that I don't really make plans to hang out with but we run in similar circles and run into each other regularly. Then I have a couple other I still consider friends but they have moved away so besides reaching out on occasion we don't really talk anymore but have had great conversations with both in the past.

I'm 41 and I live in Des Moines. I get it is a small part of our population but I've immersed myself in a lot of different groups and have made friends from all kinds of backgrounds. To break it down I guess I have one trans friend who I consider a close friend, a couple that I don't really make plans to hang out with but we run in similar circles and run into each other regularly. Then I have a couple other I still consider friends but they have moved away so besides reaching out on occasion we don't really talk anymore but have had great conversations with both in the past.

What month were you born in?

We may be the exact same age.

ilk?

How old are you?......

Here's the story of this song:

Archuleta went on to share more about the story behind “Hell Together.”

“A few days after I publicly announced leaving the Mormon church, my mom texted me saying she had decided to leave too. I was shocked as she was so devout. I asked what made her feel she needed to leave because she didn’t need to follow my example. She said, ‘If you go to Hell, we’re all going to Hell with you. We’re a family and we’ll always be there for each other, in good or in bad!’”

Last edited:
Update:
The deceased was a very intelligent person on pace to graduate a year ahead of schedule. Involved in multiple clubs and other extracurricular activities. The lack of support and abandonment from their family is what ultimately led to this person taking their own life. Just a sad, sad situation that could have been avoided.
I've been called out by some of the haters in this thread for saying this before, but I'll say it again, I would much rather have a happy son as a dead daughter.

Middle-aged, gray-haired "okay pal" snobs say "ilk".

Nobody under the aged of 40 says ilk. In fact, I'm probably being generous with that age......
You're probably right. The typical vocabulary of most younger people nowadays is abysmal. Thank God the internet is available for them to pull up definitions on a daily basis.

Why do you think being transgender is sexual? If it was all about sex they could just be gay, why would they go to the extreme of changing genders?
It's not all about sex, though. I never said that. Nobody has. But there's plenty of statistical data to show that is a portion of the population, and not even a miniscule minority of transgendered individuals.

Keep in mind most transgender people never have bottom surgery.
This is why your trolling is hurting the argument of those supporting transgenderism. Maybe that was your intent though, so that's how I'm gonna treat all your posts going forward, including your deflective/dismissive following reply.

Hope that helps. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT