ADVERTISEMENT

What would you do if your child came out as transgender?

When would they be started? Are they really reversible?

Which is "worse": taking the drugs and then changing your mind or not taking the drug and still wanting to transition?
Puberty blockers would be started when medical professionals recommend them. Everything I've read says when an individual stops taking blockers puberty progresses as normal. Maybe the girls would have a slightly smaller chest or hips, maybe the boys would be shorter with less facial hair and more narrow shoulders, but no major harm. On the other hand, an individual forced to let their body grow in ways that feel like a betrayal to the individual may lead to severe depression, self harm and possible suicide. In my opinion, the better choice is to give the individual a chance to mentally mature without the stress of puberty so they can survive to be able to make the decision to transition or not.

Puberty blockers would be started when medical professionals recommend them. Everything I've read says when an individual stops taking blockers puberty progresses as normal. Maybe the girls would have a slightly smaller chest or hips, maybe the boys would be shorter with less facial hair and more narrow shoulders, but no major harm. On the other hand, an individual forced to let their body grow in ways that feel like a betrayal to the individual may lead to severe depression, self harm and possible suicide. In my opinion, the better choice is to give the individual a chance to mentally mature without the stress of puberty so they can survive to be able to make the decision to transition or not.
So basically you're not "inflicting" puberty on the kid until he or she is mentally mature enough to make the decision.

Sort of how I wish we handled "inflicting" religion on kids.

Do you and @Scruddy feel the same way about the gay and lesbian community? Are they just mentally ill, like trans people?
I have no issue with who consenting adults want to sleep with. I will say this though, the idea of trans in general spits in the face of the entire idea of homosexuality. Hope I'm not the first one breaking this reality to you.

I have no issue with who consenting adults want to sleep with. I will say this though, the idea of trans in general spits in the face of the entire idea of homosexuality. Hope I'm not the first one breaking this reality to you.
That doesn't answer the question and you're wrong. Again.

Do you and @Scruddy feel the same way about the gay and lesbian community? Are they just mentally ill, like trans people?

You didn’t answer the question. No I do not believe gay and lesbian folks are mentally ill. I believe their brain chemistry has altered to be attracted to the same sex as is shown in nature in hundreds of species.

Though this red herring is often used to conflate the subjects.

Speaking of nature, could you provide a few examples of species other than homo sapiens that attempt change their gender based on their feelings, and sometimes change their gender back when they feel like it?

Ok. You didn't answer the question. Are gay and lesbian people mentally ill like trans people?

You didn’t answer the question. No I do not believe gay and lesbian folks are mentally ill. I believe their brain chemistry has altered to be attracted to the same sex as is shown in nature in hundreds of species.

Though this red herring is often used to conflate the subject.

Speaking of nature, could you provide a few examples of species other than homo sapiens that attempt change their gender based on their feelings, and sometimes change their gender back when they feel like it?
I heard some frogs turned gay or changed genders once, but that was chemically induced outside of their control. Who was it again who became famous talking about those gay frogs?

Sorry, it went soaring over your head per usual. I don't care if people want to **** people who are the same sex as them. I don't consider that a mental illness like trans is. The ideology of trans is inherently anti-homesexual though.
It didn't. I simply wanted you to clarify your moronic take. Thanks.

Ok. You didn't answer the question. Are gay and lesbian people mentally ill like trans people?
No, see post right above yours. Though I do think extreme trauma via sexual/mental abuse tends to lead to homosexuality interestingly enough.

Though this red herring is often used to conflate the subject.

You mean, why don't cocker spaniels approach their owners and ask them for gender transition therapies? I dont know. That's a tough one. Let me noodle on that for awhile PF. 🤔

No, see post right above yours. Though I do think extreme trauma via sexual/mental abuse tends to lead to homosexuality interestingly enough.
So gay people had something bad happen to them to make them gay. Shouldn't therapy be able to fix that?

Do you also tell schizophrenics the voices in their head are real?
They are.

Most people talk to themselves to some extent, and answer themselves, too. So we have voices in our heads at least some of the time. Of course we know we are the source of those voices. Schizos may think they are real, separate entities.

For those who are interested, this is a terrific book:

JFC. Can't make this shit up.
The evidence for this is overwhelming. Not all gay people are sexually abused but sexual abuse does seem to have an effect on sexual preferences.
So gay people had something bad happen to them to make them gay. Shouldn't therapy be able to fix that?
Not all gay people, I certainly never said that. I don't know if there ever is full recovery from certain traumas either. There is such a thing as "damaged goods" (to extremely varying degrees obviously)

The evidence for this is overwhelming. Not all gay people are sexually abused but sexual abuse does seem to have an effect on sexual preferences.

Not all gay people, I certainly never said that. I don't know if there ever is full recovery from certain traumas either. There is such a thing as "damaged goods" (to extremely varying degrees obviously)
So the only damaged gay people are the ones that turned gay because they were sexually abused then? Just trying to get a full understanding doctor.

Curious if you and @Phenomenally Frantastic felt the same way about gay people 10 or 15 years ago as you do about trans people today.

Last edited:
I’m not going to sit here and take insults from a serial abuser who’s career includes mutilating people including children. Your paycheck depends on this insanity perpetuating indefinitely. You could not be impartial in a million years. God help you when it comes time to meet your maker. You’ll need it.
I guess you'll have to keep taking it then, because I don't operate on kids.

No. You're wrong yet again.

I don't know enough to know if there is a right answer. But I do have a problem with letting an undeveloped mind make radically transforming decisions. The more radical the transformation, the more reluctant I am.
So I can put you down in the camp that no on under 25 should join the military and have a radical transformation like getting burned in a fire, losing a leg, having the mind scarred so bad they get PTSD.

We just got a scary message from our son’s college that they found a student dead in my son’s dorm. My son didn’t know them but has friends who did. It sounds like the deceased recently came out as trans and their family completely disowned them. Everyone who knew the deceased says they were taking it extremely hard and they are assuming it was a suicide.

My son is trans, so this hits really close to home and I got very emotional when I heard this. I couldn’t imagine not supporting my child. I also can’t imagine the guilt and pain those parents are experiencing now.

The trans hate in this country needs to stop.

I realize this is a sensitive subject and I’ll probably get lots of hate from the usual suspects, but I have most of those hateful bigots on ignore anyway.
Update:
The deceased was a very intelligent person on pace to graduate a year ahead of schedule. Involved in multiple clubs and other extracurricular activities. The lack of support and abandonment from their family is what ultimately led to this person taking their own life. Just a sad, sad situation that could have been avoided.

They are.

Most people talk to themselves to some extent, and answer themselves, too. So we have voices in our heads at least some of the time. Of course we know we are the source of those voices. Schizos may think they are real, separate entities.

For those who are interested, this is a terrific book:

I know the voices are fake because they keep telling me Iowa is never gonna win a national championship.

Silly liars.

Update:
The deceased was a very intelligent person on pace to graduate a year ahead of schedule. Involved in multiple clubs and other extracurricular activities. The lack of support and abandonment from their family is what ultimately led to this person taking their own life. Just a sad, sad situation that could have been avoided.
I couldn't decide what my reaction should be sad or mad. I wonder if the parents of the deceased regret disowning their child. I would imagine/hope they are wishing they would have been more understanding.

Your child is lucky to have you. They are in my thoughts dealing with the loss of a good friend.

Update:
It definitely could have been avoided. I knew that I would be ostracized once my family found out I was transitioning. I prepared as best I could. Haven’t seen them in 13 years. Sucks, but I still have zero regrets. None.

It definitely could have been avoided. I knew that I would be ostracized once my family found out I was transitioning. I prepared as best I could. Haven’t seen them in 13 years. Sucks, but I still have zero regrets. None.
Do you have a relationship with anyone in your extended family? I'm sorry your family abandoned you. I hope you have *family" now.

There's a 99.99% chance I'll never have kids so there's no need to worry. :)
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777

Sorry to hear that.

I can't imagine not speaking to a close family member because they are trans.

I had an older brother that I didn't speak to for years but he was completely crazy; a drug addict and bank robber.

When he died from a drug overdose in 2017, my Dad and I were relieved.

On topic, anybody seen the Will Ferrell documentary where he travels around the country with his trans friend? I know that they stopped in I.C. last year as part of their tour. They were hanging out at the Deadwood.

On topic, anybody seen the Will Ferrell documentary where he travels around the country with his trans friend? I know that they stopped in I.C. last year as part of their tour. They were hanging out at the Deadwood.
Have you seen it? I almost pulled the trigger on that yesterday

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
That sucks and I’m sorry to hear that. You are obviously a very strong individual and you’re probably better off without them in your life, as sad as that is to say. Keep on keeping on, only you knows what’s best for you!

• Haha
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
You'll always have your sisters in arms as part of the HROT shut-in click!!

So I can put you down in the camp that no on under 25 should join the military and have a radical transformation like getting burned in a fire, losing a leg, having the mind scarred so bad they get PTSD.
This response ^ was no doubt dreamed up in some liberal "think" tank by some stoned losers, boy! Seriously? You would consider the decision to protect your nation, home and family as "radical?" Especially when juxtaposed against voluntarily hacking your body to pieces and pumping it full of drugs in an attempt to catch some crazy fantasy, kink or phase you're going through? Again, seriously??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT