ADVERTISEMENT

What's the loudest you have ever heard Kinnick?

srams21

HB Legend
May 23, 2004
For me it was the 2004 de facto BIG championship game against Wisconsin. It finished in the cold dark night, and the place was going nuts. It was the 3rd consecutive 10 win season in Kirk's revival of the Hawks. Matt Roth went wild that night and must have sacked Wisconsin's shitty QB ten times. I recall Tate hitting Clinton Solomon after doing a spectular Houdini like escape in the pocket for a long TD. Place was unhinged.

I wasn't at the Iowa-Michigan legendary '86 game and also missed the epic OSU beatdown in 2017. Both of those were crazy from what I was told.

For me it was the 2004 de facto BIG championship game against Wisconsin. It finished in the cold dark night, and the place was going nuts. It was the 3rd consecutive 10 win season in Kirk's revival of the Hawks. Matt Roth went wild that night and must have sacked Wisconsin's shitty QB ten times. I recall Tate hitting Clinton Solomon after doing a spectular Houdini like escape in the pocket for a long TD. Place was unhinged.

I wasn't at the Iowa-Michigan legendary '86 game and also missed the epic OSU beatdown in 2017. Both of those were crazy from what I was told.
Penn State 2021, three straight false starts. I was also at the 2004 Wisconsin game. The new north end zone now makes everything louder.

I only went to games for a couple years in the late 90s so mine is going to be different than anyone else's I'm sure. It was homecoming and we were playing Indiana. It was the 4th qtr iirc and we had the lead but Indiana was driving. Then Tom Knight picked off a pass and returned it to the house to seal the victory. That place was like an earthquake. It was awesome.

That is a great one for sure. I was bringing it in the student section that game!

Single moment- Pick 6 by Hooker to start the Ohio St. drubbing.

Game- game vs PSU with the consecutive false starts and Frankling whining like a punk about it. That was the biggest single season game I had ever been to because it was #2 vs #4.

PSU for sure. I'll throw in the game versus Michigan where Jim Harbaugh was the QB going into the north end zone, and Iowa received a penalty for the fans being too loud. Probably the dumbest f*****g rule the NCAA ever implemented.

That is a great one for sure. I was bringing it in the student section that game!

Single moment- Pick 6 by Hooker to start the Ohio St. drubbing.

Game- game vs PSU with the consecutive false starts and Frankling whining like a punk about it. That was the biggest single season game I had ever been to because it was #2 vs #4.
I think we were #3 going into the game.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Wasn’t at PSU ‘21, but had season tickets from ‘03-‘18 and the loudest *moment* I heard was in the 2010 Wisconsin game when Greenwood intercepted a pass. The stadium absolutely erupted. ‘04 Wisconsin was great, but there wasn’t another singular moment like that interception in ‘10.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Penn State 2021, three straight false starts. I was also at the 2004 Wisconsin game. The new north end zone now makes everything louder.
Was at both as well and my vote was the Wiscy game. Was in North end zone for Penn St and South end zone for Wiscy. Those pricks brought roses to a road game.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
I haven't attended that many but as a student in 2008 vs PSU is the top. Also remember it being very cold and my booze blanket wearing off.
That one was great. We were in the student section and started storming the field after Murray's kick, but there were a few seconds left on the clock. They made half the student section climb back up and jam into the first few rows. Re-stormed the field right after the kick return.

2004 Wisconsin
1985 Michigan
1984 Michigan - the Iowa has 19 Michigan has zero and Iowa has 26 and Michigan has zero chants were fantastically loud and unique.

Reactions: The-Dude-Abides
That one was great. We were in the student section and started storming the field after Murray's kick, but there were a few seconds left on the clock. They made half the student section climb back up and jam into the first few rows. Re-stormed the field right after the kick return.

Yep, a friend of mine was one of the first drunks out there on the field. I just stayed in the stands and soaked it in. Don't recall too much after, but did puke in the ped mall that night though, nearly positive that was the only time.

This. That field goal landed two rows from us. Cold as fvck.
That Murray kick was the loudest I've ever heard Kinnick. I know it wasn't Kinnick but the CJ Jones opening kickoff in the Orange Bowl was defeaning. I'll add one that's not related to the thread but the victory over UNI in 2009 is the weirdest Kinnick experience I've ever had. The stadium was so quiet after the game you wouldn't have known Iowa had won if you didn't know any better.

I have been to World Series games, NBA Finals game at Oracle in Oakland when the Warriors beat the LeBron Cavs. Nothing, and I mean nothing comes close to the 2021 Penn St. game. That was the loudest sporting event I have ever been to. I can’t even imagine how loud Kinnick would be if they matched the South end zone structure with the North end zone.

‘03 Michigan when we came back to beat them 30-27 was probably the best/loudest I’ve seen the crowd from start to finish. Nobody sat down the entire game in our section.

‘03 Michigan when we came back to beat them 30-27 was probably the best/loudest I’ve seen the crowd from start to finish. Nobody sat down the entire game in our section.
The drunk kid sitting next to me fell asleep.

I damn near tripped over a TV cable. Probably would have been trampled to death.

We also almost left at half because my (no pic) wife (gf at the time) refused to bring a thick coat and she was freezing. So I gave her my coat, shoved my hands in my pocket and froze my ass off. So glad I did.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT