ADVERTISEMENT

What's with all the posts talking about KF mediocrity

Hayden got in due to his work with desegregation.

A name to watch for the Hall of Fame is Mike Leech. He also has a sub 600 record but the guy literally changed football and has an entire offense named after him. If they don't make an exception for leech they will not be doing so for KF.
The desegregation was an important part of his resume, turning around Iowa and breaking up the Big 2 and little 8 as well. JHF got in prior to the 60% requirement being in place.

The desegregation was an important part of his resume, turning around Iowa and breaking up the Big 2 and little 8 as well. JHF got in prior to the 60% requirement being in place.
As for the original bigten, it’s still all tOSU and Michigan (big2) and little 8. Wisconsin has had some nice seasons 1990s to present, but nothing special to break up the big2 little 8….Wisconsin last finished in the top 5 in 1999 for the rest of the little8 it’s been more than 60 years or not at all. The new teams added have done little to help (PSU occasionally).

This argument is why I love the 12 team playoff.

Excuse time/ try to justify/ trying to compare will officially be over.

You will be exactly what your playoff performance says you are. Just like ncaa basketball tournament.

Reactions: Bishop1971
This argument is why I love the 12 team playoff.

Excuse time/ try to justify/ trying to compare will officially be over.

You will be exactly what your playoff performance says you are. Just like ncaa basketball tournament.
I agree. It’s still going to take a bigten west team a conference championship to get in unless 3 bigten west teams can all get really good at the same time, as of now the bigten west is one of the 3-4 worst divisions in the P5.

Eventually yours and others “not settling” leads to years of very poor results. Since I get less interested in sports yearly, by design and effort incidentally, I’ll be ok, but one day you’ll look up and see a poor Fball team and it will be as a result of not settling…

And you’ll be getting what you deserve…and it will be funny
And yours and others "settling" is what gets us to where we are now as a base. If you enjoy mediocrity, more power too you, you will continue to be satisfied. Others have higher expectations, neither is right nor wrong.

As for the original bigten, it’s still all tOSU and Michigan (big2) and little 8. Wisconsin has had some nice seasons 1990s to present, but nothing special to break up the big2 little 8….Wisconsin last finished in the top 5 in 1999 for the rest of the little8 it’s been more than 60 years or not at all. The new teams added have done little to help (PSU occasionally).
True, the 13 years before Iowa broke through there were 0 seasons where someone other than o$u and Mich won/tied for the conference. In the last 13 years there have been 6 seasons where it wasn't o$u and Mich. Currently they are re-establishing the top 2.
Selective statistics in play here lol

He is 198-136, meaning he is extremely close….. 59.2% and his winning % has improved over the years. He is better now than before….

Another reason he has motivation to keep winning.

Reactions: Bishop1971
And yours and others "settling" is what gets us to where we are now as a base. If you enjoy mediocrity, more power too you, you will continue to be satisfied. Others have higher expectations, neither is right nor wrong.

Well as I just posted he is winning at a higher % now than he was in the beginning of his career. And we have won more games than 90% of the rest of CFB world…if that’s settling I’ll take more please!

• Haha
Reactions: 8and5Forever
Well as I just posted he is winning at a higher % now than he was in the beginning of his career. And we have won more games than 90% of the rest of CFB world…if that’s settling I’ll take more please!
Don't worry, it's all you're going to get until he retires. He has done a phenomenal job, he needs to know it's time at the very least, make the offense relevant to today's game. He does that (and maintains the status quo for the other areas) we win 10 games a year as the norm.

• Haha
Reactions: 8and5Forever
Probably 10-3 with a competent offense last season with losses to tOSU, Michigan and Nebraska. Not too shabby, but would Iowa fans be happy with that record?? Iowa football needs some other teams in the big ten west to get better in order to boost the perception of Iowa football. As it stands now, no one respects any big ten west team.

The good news is JHF got into the HOF before they established the current criteria of having a minimum of a 60% career winning %.
It really isn’t much fun doing all the research that you did and then needing to follow up with ‘oh, my bad’ or ‘well I didn’t know that’
The good news is I appreciate your tenacity and desire to support your position with facts in spite of a couple of posters letting you know the criteria.
So I am glad you enjoyed playing. Ketchup goes well with crow.

So do deez nuts on your forehead. Ferentz would be inducted right now. His Maine seasons be damned. 😂

We have the same problem with members on this board who are probably losers but love to hide behind a computer and make stupid statements just to get others to converse with them...That's you!!!
As usual, my comments were quite accurate, but somebody didn't like them because they interfered with the KF/BF rainbows and unicorns stance all "real fans" are supposed to have.

So do deez nuts on your forehead. Ferentz would be inducted right now. His Maine seasons be damned. 😂
The good news is I don’t make the rules. The better news? I am very tolerant of people who double and triple down when they are wrong.

Feel free to go check the bylaws and see if there is a ‘60% unless you coached at Maine’ exemption.

The good news is I don’t make the rules. The better news? I am very tolerant of people who double and triple down when they are wrong.

Feel free to go check the bylaws and see if there is a ‘60% unless you coached at Maine’ exemption.

Ferentz would be inducted into the HOF if he retired today. The bylaw rule be damned. It's a difference of THREE fecking games. Thanks for playing!

Ferentz would be inducted into the HOF if he retired today. The bylaw rule be damned. It's a difference of THREE fecking games. Thanks for playing!
And you would be wrong. 60% is the fairly recent hard and fast criteria.
You may want to resort to holding your breath and stomping your foot.
You are kind of reminding me of Demi Moore ‘but I strenuously object’
Get the rule changed if you want to be correct.

I believe his point is, based on the last 10 years he will make it easy….it’s fairly unusual that a coaches most recent 10 years, is his best, but that is the case with KF!

I’d be right, son. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT