ADVERTISEMENT

When did you think about leaving your organization?

Tenacious...you mistake GOHOX for someone who gives a shit??? I'm sure he gives a shit.........about something!
Go Hawks!
I have my issues with gohox. Frankly, I think he is a bit of an asshole, and a bit prejudiced, and more than a bit arrogant. But, he has walked in shoes I cannot imagine, and he has showed sincere compassion for those of here in true dire straits. For my dungeons and dragons nerds, I think of him as chaotic neutral. Perhaps chaotic good on his better days. Certainly not as good as a chef as Bobby flay, despite his delusions of grandeur. Yet, still, at his core, a good person.

Silly question but I assume you’re a urologist. Don’t you pretty much “just” see patients? How is management bringing you down?
Old situation:

My practice is all elective surgery so several things happened during the hospital shutdown with the pandemic when surgery was stopped. We work on an RVU system which is points for doing procedures and seeing patients. If I don't operate I basically don't get paid. There is no guaranteed salary.
1. I took a 50% pay cut that year.
2. They cancelled any employer retirement contributions at the same time.
3. Things were so disorganized that there was no action plan or solution, I actually got my knee rebuilt which I had put off for a while. I got it done because my 60% disability pay was going to give me far more than my employer was going to.

That pretty much burned through any good will I had with management. They asked us to volunteer for crisis jobs if the hospital was overwhelmed but never bothered to help shore us up or may be pay back when they earned record profits following the pandemic shutdown.

Current situation:

They screwed a bunch of people including nursing staff and anesthesia so they all left. I got dropped from operating three days a week, down to 2 days. This means surgery wait times went from 4 weeks to 3 months for my patients. It's been this way for a year and a half. I asked when it will improve they say I have to ask my boss but my boss hasn't been given the OR time back by the hospital. Original time we lost was Tues and Wed so at one point they gave a us a Friday. "We don't remember what days everyone lost." No one could use the Friday time because we all had other committments. Just rinse and repeat. Management is clueless.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT