ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Getting the Fall COVID Vaccine?

giphy.gif

What's the efficacy? How long before the efficacy fades? Does it actually prevent infection. Does it prevent spread?
I think they've given up on preventing spread.

I suppose that could change if we see more deadly variants again.

Preventing infection was never a goal; although before delta the vaccines seemed to be doing quite well on that measure.

I would have, but I just tested positive yesterday. Given that this is my second time with it despite vaccinated and twice boosted, I am starting to wonder if either the virus or the vaccine provides much protection.

I will say that having been vaccinated, the symptoms this time are minimal, so perhaps there has been some advantage.

Older folks should probably get the RSV vaccine this fall. Expected to be approved in a few days.

I haven't heard about monkey pox for a while. Did we beat that one?

I've got a physical coming up, I will definitely ask my doctor. I got the bivalent vaccine in January so I am up to date. Sounds like the odds of a pandemic in the next t wo years is very low. I had Covid once for sure, but no symptoms at all. But I have been sick for 48 hours after each vaccine, so was planning on not getting more for a while. Last I had read they were not recommending any additional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT