ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Getting the Fall COVID Vaccine?

You do understand that Grandma is still going to get COVID even with the vaccine right? And still going to give it to others even with the vaccine right?

You’re just like Wiskey, you deal in black or white. As we’ve seen, not everyone gets hit as hard by the virus and the vaccine could help, Maybe Grandma won’t be as contagious with the vaccine or as long. It’s not so simple as yes or no.

no-randy-jackson.gif

Reactions: hawkeye54545
You’re just like Wiskey, you deal in black or white. As we’ve seen, not everyone gets hit as hard by the virus and the vaccine could help, Maybe Grandma won’t be as contagious with the vaccine or as long. It’s not so simple as yes or no.
Maybe? How about yes, yes she will be contagious.

This is black and white. Get it for yourself, but you getting it isn't magically helping others not get it no matter how much you wish it would.

This isn’t about how long ago I had kids, it’s about you being critical of others and your kid ended up at the hospital because of covid. You might want to sit this one out based on your choices. You’re like a lot of people in the world today, you make bad decisions and then attack the other side in order to justify (in your head) your poor decisions.
My kid went to a clinic because she had a cough, not "ended up at the hospital".

You are talking out of your ass. The recommendations for children and covid were "don't worry about it".

I'm hoping they come out with a non mRNA version. If so, I'll take it. If not, I'm waffling on whether to get another mRNA vaccine.
i recall that at one point you were quite disappointed with the jnj shot and were looking to switch to mrna. what happened for you to want to switch back?

Maybe? How about yes, yes she will be contagious.

This is black and white. Get it for yourself, but you getting it isn't magically helping others not get it no matter how much you wish it would.
Being contagious isn’t always an exact thing, such as how long someone might be. The virus affects everyone differently and how contagious someone is can vary too.

My kid went to a clinic because she had a cough, not "ended up at the hospital".

You are talking out of your ass. The recommendations for children and covid were "don't worry about it".

The clinic is just a cheap emergency room. You felt the need to go to the clinic so you thought your kid was sick. You’re a fool for not taking things seriously when it comes to your kid. But that explains why you ended up in the clinic. I’m sure you’ll make plenty of stupid decisions based on your thought process.

Being contagious isn’t always an exact thing, such as how long someone might be. The virus affects everyone differently and how contagious someone is can vary too.
Which is exactly why we didn’t need blanket mandates, restrictions and vaccinations.

Reactions: HawkPT
Some of you people are just nuts. In another few months you’ll be claiming covid didn’t even exist and was all made up.
You can look back, right now, with better clarity, and see exactly what it was.

i recall that at one point you were quite disappointed with the jnj shot and were looking to switch to mrna. what happened for you to want to switch back?
I always wanted Novavax. But at my age, I took what they had, which was J&J - and was glad to get it. Less glad when it turned out it had lower efficacy and higher risks.

I subsequently got mRNA versions. And, again, glad to get them. But some recent studies make them sound more problematic than expected. So I'd still rather have something else. The most troubling report has to do with finding spikes in muscle and fat cells, long after being vaccinated. Might be harmless, but shouldn't be happening.

The difference now is that I'm probably somewhat protected against severe illness. So I feel I can be a little pickier, despite my age. At the end of the day, though, I'll probably get the fall mRNA version, because that may be all that's on offer.

Reactions: desihawk
I know one woman who had a spontaneous abortion after getting the covid "vaccine". A family member got bells palsey shortly after getting the shot. I will not be taking any version of this garbage vaccine.

Sure I will get it if recommended by medical professionals. It is a little poke in the arm. Covid will be around, might as well minimize the impact of it when my household gets it.

The messaging turned out to be pretty much awful, so I am a maybe leaning toward no. Efficacy and no spread were pushed so hard, with both turning out wrong. Covid also isn't raging like it did previously. Vaccines and immunity likely both relevent.

I've had covid twice and vaccines twice. Covid, vaccine (JJ), vaccine(mod),covid.
I was more sick from the vaccines both times.

One time I was presenting a weekly status to a VP level. Had to step away to vomit, came back presented the rest of my part and immediately had to go poop.

Hey, at least people aren't selfish low life disgusting assholes for making their own choice. We've come a long way.

Reactions: nolesincebirth
Yep will get it this fall, with the flu vaccines I get. What is one more. The limited downside risks of vaccines are far outweighed by their benefits. The fact that people are concerned about vaccines tells you all you need to know about the damage the far right has done to the publics faith in science.
No, the damage to public faith was due to all the lies about Covid in general, as well as the lies about vaccine efficacy and side effects.

No, the damage to public faith was due to all the lies about Covid in general, as well as the lies about vaccine efficacy and side effects.
A majority of that is fud finance. They did not know everything about Covid original as it was a new virus. They are not going to get everything correct, but for the majority it worked. Go look at the spread in communities that followed protocols vs those communities that didn't and the associated death rates. There are extremely minimal side effects for the vaccine, and there are only an extremely few number of individuals who it is contraindicated to take the covid vaccine, or vaccines in general. The far right amplified a few concerns, but for the most part they amplified a bunch of junk that just isn't true. For someone who claims to to be a voice of reason and moderate, that you believe the junk . . . well thats all you need to know. Because we all know Ivermectin is a valid way to treat and prevent Covid. Based on your post wouldn't be surprised you were a believer in that.

Considering how often the goalpoasts have shifted on its purpose, I'm not sure there is a defined point.
I mean it was a novel virus, the biology of and the effect on the body's physiology were never seen before. A effective vaccine was quickly developed so yeah a reasonable person can understand how the understanding of the how the vaccine works could be fluid.

I mean it was a novel virus, the biology of and the effect on the body's physiology were never seen before. A effective vaccine was quickly developed so yeah a reasonable person can understand how the understanding of the how the vaccine works could be fluid.

Nothing can be termed effective if its purpose isn't defined from the outset.

What is this round going to do? What is the purpose of this round of booster shots? What specifically is this targeting and what specifically will this prevent?

If any of those questions cannot be answered, we cannot determine its effectiveness.

What is this round going to do? What is the purpose of this round of booster shots?
Primarily to provide protection against serious illness among the elderly or those with comorbidities.

If you don't fall into those categories and aren't trying to guard family members at risk, you don't need the new jab.

Might want to get it anyway, because it will still lower your risk some, but not urgent.

At least that's my understanding.

A majority of that is fud finance. They did not know everything about Covid original as it was a new virus. They are not going to get everything correct, but for the majority it worked. Go look at the spread in communities that followed protocols vs those communities that didn't and the associated death rates. There are extremely minimal side effects for the vaccine, and there are only an extremely few number of individuals who it is contraindicated to take the covid vaccine, or vaccines in general. The far right amplified a few concerns, but for the most part they amplified a bunch of junk that just isn't true. For someone who claims to to be a voice of reason and moderate, that you believe the junk . . . well thats all you need to know. Because we all know Ivermectin is a valid way to treat and prevent Covid. Based on your post wouldn't be surprised you were a believer in that.
Go look at the data from Israel and New South Wales Australia. We can play the statistics game all day long.

Nothing can be termed effective if its purpose isn't defined from the outset.
We knew what we wanted from the early vaccines. Fewer deaths. Fewer hospitalizations. Flatten the curve to keep our health care system and morgues from being overwhelmed.

The early vaccines were very good at all of those, even the less desirable versions like J&J and AZ.

The people bitching back then were simply wrong. It's very frustrating to me that things have changed so much that their previous complaints look more reasonable under today's circumstances. So now we get idiots claiming they were right then, when they were not just wrong then, but spreading dangerous lies that cost lives.

Reactions: 3boysmom and Moral
Holy......shit.... feel free to sit in the corner and vaccinate yourself to your hearts content but that isn't even on the same planet as how it works in a day care.

"Allowed my child to get covid", how long ago was it you had infant children building an immune system?
Hey, shouldn’t you be getting ready for the big pissing match with GDR today?

Reactions: Joes Place
Got my 2 Moderna vaccinations in Feb and March of 2021.
My wife chose not to get vaccinated. We both got Covid in early September of 2021. I was slightly ill for 2 days. She died from Covid in the October of 2021.

Have gotten Moderna booster in November of 2021 and April of 2022. Got Pfizer bivalent booster in September of 2022 and May of 2023.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT