ADVERTISEMENT

Will it ever stop?

Why does something that is normal and commonplace need to be constantly forced?

It’s like EVERY television commercial is either an interracial couple or one black, one white and one asian person hanging out. It’s common in 2023 why are media constantly trying to force this on people?
I knew this was Hawkeye_311…how are you doing you racist son of a bitch.

Considering the overwhelming majority of coaches have played the sport, saying 4/32 coaches in theory should be black just isnt correct.

and it’s not just coaches. Executives/owners are party of the problem also. lack of diversity contributes to the franchises that just continue to hire, fire, hire again because they always have the same voices, with the same ideas that don’t work.
It couldn’t at all be because only one team wins it all every year and that’s the goal every owner/team has and if you don’t win your usually shown the door.

That’s not at all what I’m saying. I said players were played at the positions they were played at because they were better at those positions.
Others on here seem to think the nfl only played white players at quarterback. Not because they were possibly better but because they were white.
You’re lying to yourself if you don’t think part of that wasn’t because owners and execs didn’t perpetuate stereotypes of the skills needed to play the position. Hell, it’s a relatively new trend that a quarterback doesn’t have to be nailed to the pocket to be effective.

That’s not at all what I’m saying. I said players were played at the positions they were played at because they were better at those positions.
Others on here seem to think the nfl only played white players at quarterback. Not because they were possibly better but because they were white.
You have been programmed. The black kid who led my high school to the state title in the big school division back in the 70’s would say you are ignorant.

You have been programmed. The black kid who led my high school to the state title in the big school division back in the 70’s would say you are ignorant.
So why was Doug Williams or warren moon or Randal Cunningham allowed to play quarterback in the 80s/90s/00s didn’t anyone tell them they were black and not smart enough. Who the heck still had the nerve to play them if they weren’t smart.

So why was Doug Williams or warren moon or Randal Cunningham allowed to play quarterback in the 80s/90s/00s didn’t anyone tell them they were black and not smart enough. Who the heck still had the nerve to play them if they weren’t smart.
Who are some of the pro qb’s before them?

should say something that these three, along with a scattered few others, stand out as the exception to the rule.

She has been posting on an account supposedly from 2012.
You get so worked up that you have to check to see when I started posting and call me a girl yet I’m the one that’s called a MAGA. You clowns are so politically driven that you can’t open your eyes to anything. You’ll call anyone racist or a homophobe but yet you call someone a female or ask their age like they are some kid. How is that any better the. A racist or “MAGA”.

For the small-minded on here, particularly the OP, consider maybe, just maybe, that few seconds where that is emphasized during your broadcast isn't intended for you. Maybe, just maybe, there is something that doesn't directly apply to your fragile ego and desires. Maybe that mention is for the part of the population that was told they couldn't, told they shouldn't, the part of the population that dealt with real oppression, not this snowflakey BS.

Maybe some kid saw that and realized he could aspire to more. Maybe that kid smiles thinking about you whining in an armchair as the world leaves you behind.
I really don't think any of the qbs in the league were ever told they couldn't or shouldn't. Maybe 30 years ago, but not today. It's worth celebrating imo.

Why does something that is normal and commonplace need to be constantly forced?

It’s like EVERY television commercial is either an interracial couple or one black, one white and one asian person hanging out. It’s common in 2023 why are media constantly trying to force this on people?
“It’s like capitalists are trying to appeal to the largest possible customer base via representation in their advertising campaigns, or something” he just said.

Reactions: UNCLawHawk
Because I’m tired of seeing it all the time. I see crap like this more then I don’t see crap like this. Stop forcing irreverent crap down everyone’s throat.

A large majority of nfl players at black. So we have to celebrate the one position where white people were predominate. Why done we have more black kickers and punters already.
Then, don't watch? I dunno

What exactly am I claiming to be the victim of? All I’m saying it’s the shits getting old. Why are we supposed to keep hearing about a black person(s) doing something.
I mean good for them but why is this agenda constantly being pushed on people. What exactly is it supposed to be doing?
We’re supposed to see everyone as equals and color doesn’t matter yet media constantly points out color all the time.

Turn the channel you f@cking idiot.

Reactions: JWolf74
I’ll admit there are times networks will go overboard, but please. We’re not that far from HIMYM - with an all-white leading cast being the top comedy for a decade. Friends is still bizarrely popular on reruns. Black quarterbacks in the nfl is still a relatively new thing in terms of starting quarterbacks. Despite the number of minority players, the number of minority coaches in the nfl remains a problem.
Friends is a problem? I haven’t really watched it since the 2nd or 3rd season but that a thing?

And how many black head coaches well we need until it isn’t a problem?

As for OP, relax man. Holy hell that’s a lot of energy wasted on something that isn’t a big deal.

I just wish there were more things to remind me not to be racist.

Like put something on the back of helmets, or even spell it out in the back of end zones.

Otherwise I forget and go back to being a racist POS.

• Haha
Reactions: Nole-4-Life
Friends is a problem? I haven’t really watched it since the 2nd or 3rd season but that a thing?

As for OP, relax man. Holy hell that’s a lot of energy wasted on something that isn’t a big deal.
For friends - it’s been written about over the years about the lack of diversity. It was very rare that a minority actor had more than one appearance on the show, and obviously some plot lines/jokes haven’t aged well.

for coaches, to me I think we can say we’ve made progress when we get thru a coaching carousel, look back and can’t say that any of the candidates were token guys.

You’re right. I did waste a lot of energy for no reason.
But my question still remains. Will this ever go away? Why do we keep hearing about the first black person to do something or in this case a record number of black qb’s
It’s 2023, why does skin color matter

You’re lying to yourself if you don’t think part of that wasn’t because owners and execs didn’t perpetuate stereotypes of the skills needed to play the position. Hell, it’s a relatively new trend that a quarterback doesn’t have to be nailed to the pocket to be effective.
Part of that might be that QB is an awfully expensive investment to want to see running downfield towards 250 LBs moving at full speed 15-20 times a game. How many mobile quarterbacks do you see having 15-year careers? Peyton took a lot of sacks because he just dropped to the ground when pressured, but it kept him healthy, for the most part.

Reactions: IAFB2021Champs
I view him more like this….

there-was-one-cruiser.gif
I wish I knew the context behind this, I bet it's funny.

As for the OP, people really need to quit feeding the trolls.

Part of that might be that QB is an awfully expensive investment to want to see running downfield towards 250 LBs moving at full speed 15-20 times a game. How many mobile quarterbacks do you see having 15-year careers? Peyton took a lot of sacks because he just dropped to the ground when pressured, but it kept him healthy, for the most part.

Why do we have to view the black QB as the mobile QB who can't throw from the pocket?

Patrick Mahomes is pretty good from the pocket.

Jacoby Brissett while not a high level QB is one of the most immobile QB's in the NFL.

Reactions: sober_teacher

Why do we have to view the black QB as the mobile QB who can't throw from the pocket?

Jacoby Brissett while not a high level QB is one of the most immobile QB's in the NFL.

Not to mention we’ve seen more offensive innovation the last 10 years than the previous 30. It wasn’t that long ago when running backs were considered more essential to a successful offense than the QB.

Easy to forget that even into the 2000s, teams viewed qb as a position that they needed to be risk-averse. Heck, remember Brady’s first Super Bowl? Madden thought they should play for OT on the last drive.

I double checked the by-laws of the secret progressive-new-world-order-deep-state meetings and this will continue until one of two things happens:

1. All children are given sex changes and are then allowed to dominate in the opposite of the original birth sex sport of their choice OR
2. You quit having intercourse with goats

Based on that I don't see it ending any time soon.

Not to mention we’ve seen more offensive innovation the last 10 years than the previous 30. It wasn’t that long ago when running backs were considered more essential to a successful offense than the QB.

Easy to forget that even into the 2000s, teams viewed qb as a position that they needed to be risk-averse. Heck, remember Brady’s first Super Bowl? Madden thought they should play for OT on the last drive.

You are under-stating the time. I was watching 10 years ago and there was certainly a sense at that time that having a franchise QB is the most important thing.

I think you probably have to go back to the 90's and maybe early 2000's for people to view the elite RB the way you say.

You are under-stating the time. I was watching 10 years ago and there was certainly a sense at that time that having a franchise QB is the most important thing.

I think you probably have to go back to the 90's and maybe early 2000's for people to view the elite RB the way you say.

Yes that’s what I was intending to say. Thinking of guys like Chris Johnson, Shaun Alexander, etc.

Show me where I said Black? I was just saying that teams in the past didn't want their QBs running around because that is a really easy way to get hurt. Josh Allen would be a good example of a white QB that takes a lot of abuse from running around. They either learn to be more effective in the pocket/selective on their running, or teams move on to younger QBs that aren't hurt. Mahomes uses his mobility to keep plays alive until he absolutely has to run down field.

Well I saw the link I posted as I was scanning through Facebook. Sorry I’m not 13-24 years old so I’m not sure how I change a channel on Facebook (insert sarcasm) Could you please help a guy out.
Sincerely f@cking idiot

So it's not even organic outrage, you had it fed to you in meme form? I would be embarrassed.

Reactions: auntie_fah
Don’t kind yourself that you don’t see crap like this everyday all over the place. It wasn’t a meme it was an ESPN post on the book of face.

Crap like what? Grown men complaining about something they read about a thing on television?

That stupid sh!t is everywhere, and is also why your turn only got the simplest of responses.

Last edited:
You people can make fun of the OP all you want, but he is actually right. It is really hard to live in this country nowadays if you are a straight white Christian male. There are days where I don’t even leave the house. The struggle is real.
Agreed. As a straight white male in America, this is how I feel most days...
i-dont-want-to-be-around-anymore-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT