ADVERTISEMENT

Will Nebraska fire Frost after 0-4 start ?

Guy, this is what it looks like when your playing for a national championship.

What was the record last year of the bum they ran out of town? As I recall he was the savior who was going to turn things around, or was that Pellini, or Frank, or will it be the next guy?

Frosty may do better when the snow flys, but he seems to be melting down a the moment. My advice, pray for rain.

Reactions: sltldowney
Lots of hate for Nebby and Frost on this board, which I don't entirely get. I dislike Nebby too, probably a little more than every other team in the B1G, but Frost seems like an ok guy.

Nebby could go 0-12 this year and not fire Frost. He's probably the right guy for the program, and it will take a little time. I just hope the Hawks can get 'em again this year!

Any other coach you've had since Osbourne would have had this talk surrounding him so feel free to get off your high horse.

I would suggest going back to the Husker board then. Buh bye.

I'll explain this as if I were talking to a 5th grader, then...

Nebraska just signed Frost to a 7 year, 35 million dollar contract.
They're still paying off the last contract.
They are aware as a fan base and media that the revolving door is a bad thing.

No, my son, they will not fire Frost if he loses the next two games.

My, God, it's one thing to troll anf/or shill for a troll, but you’re really stretching the boundaries.

Last edited:
Reactions: IowaNiceHawk
Frost is safe for quite a long time. My question. Why in the hell is a Clone fan chiming in? You are 0-2 and lost your Super Bowl by 10 points and didn't come close to selling out your biggest conference game of the year. I would worry more about Akron and Incarnate Word than what the real football programs are doing.

giphy.gif

We used to argue with Nebbie fans on which fan base was more obsessed with the other. Yet I log in once again and to what do I see? NEBBIE NEBBIE NEBBIE. I guess were proving Nebbie fans were right.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleChesterton
Aww, the mighty BIG West. Biggest pillow fight in all of college football.

When I think of pillow fighting in college football I think of defense in the Big XII. I haven't even mentioned the fact Iowa State currently sits at 19 total wins over the past 5.2 seasons. That's 3-point-whatever wins a season.

And you're here talking s#it? Lol. Duh. Now GTFO and stay out.

Tanner and POB saw the writing on the wall that they weren't going to be very good on this offense. What is he supposed to tell guys like that, who can't move and are a horrible fit for the offense? Based on what TL showed us last year, I'm not sure Andrew Bunch is a worse QB in this offense than he is. Without being a constant threat to account for, an immobile QB makes this offense much harder to execute well. The offense forces you to account for a QB like that with a defender, taking one away from defending the pass or the run game. Lee and POB don't have that threat, so their effectiveness would have been minimized.

Gebbia - There is more Scott could have done to keep Gebbia around, like a fake QB battle play out for another week or two until Gebbia could no longer transfer, which is what Saban did with Hurts. But its not honest and its not doing right by the kids. Some were in favor of that. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

He could have recruited another QB, I guess, but we don't know if AM being THE class QB is what sealed his commitment in the first place. Maybe it wasn't. But it's easy to criticize from the outside looking in without knowing what else went on. He's said he would handle things differently the next time.

Frost inherited the team and the problems and risks that go along with doing a 180 with play style. This is a short term problem hopefully. The year was going to be a struggle regardless.

The hardest part of the pill to swallow with the QB issue is that the injury that happened to Martinez happened after the whistle had blown. He wasn't hurt on the tackle, he was hurt by the player who intentionally twisted his knee after the play was over. I can live with a player getting hurt while playing football. If you saw the clip of the kid cranking on Martinez after the play, you know that isn't what happened here.

I don't think Hurts stayed because he thought he had a chance to start. He stayed because he can still redshirt, and of course, Alabama cash spends well. Boosters would probably pony up "starter money" to keep insurance around of Hurts's caliber.

Honestly, I feel bad for Frost and Nebraska fans with regard to Gebbia. He was always one snap away from being The Guy. Now he's that pouty brat who went to Oregon State on the brink of season opener because he wasn't named starter.

Reactions: ThrowBones92
It’s trolling when the question is so silly most 5th graders wouldn’t take it seriously.

It was a joke, son. Good grief.........sorry about the micro-aggression to
Nebbie defenders on HR. :rolleyes:

IOWA 56 husker 14 ----2017
IOWA 40 'black skirts' 10 -----2016

Just a few years back, when somehow Neb got in the BIG10, we were told how great their FB would be to add to the conference.

LOL :D

It was a joke, son. Good grief.........sorry about the micro-aggression to
Nebbie defenders on HR. :rolleyes:

IOWA 56 husker 14 ----2017
IOWA 40 'black skirts' 10 -----2016

Just a few years back, when somehow Neb got in the BIG10, we were told how great their FB would be to add to the conference.

LOL :D

I don't think you should take it personally.

It's just some of us (myself included) can't help but roll our frickin eyes every time another Nebraska post goes up (to match the 180 that have preceded it since last weekend) in which the OP falsely believes their post is the one that is funny and original. Trust me, none of them are.

At some point every one just needs to get off this dead horse. Yes, we get it, Scott Frost and Nebraska are off to a rough start. Thank you.

Reactions: ThrowBones92
Frost is safe for quite a long time. My question. Why in the hell is a Clone fan chiming in? You are 0-2 and lost your Super Bowl by 10 points and didn't come close to selling out your biggest conference game of the year. I would worry more about Akron and Incarnate Word than what the real football programs are doing.

He's probably a sports writer for the Dem Moines Cyclone Ragister?

I don't think you should take it personally.

It's just some of us (myself included) can't help but roll our frickin eyes every time another Nebraska post goes up (to match the 180 that have preceded it since last weekend) in which the OP falsely believes their post is the one that is funny and original. Trust me, none of them are.

At some point every one just needs to get off this dead horse. Yes, we get it, Scott Frost and Nebraska are off to a rough start. Thank you.

And I've participated in NONE of those threads. So, maybe just ignore this particular thread about Scott Frost and his POOR start for the
Cornholers?

Since Solich was shown the door.....Nebraska's AD has also shown an outstanding track record of hiring coaches too. hahaha

If your head coach wins 9 games a year, gets absolutely routed every time they face an elite team on national television, refuses to do anything about it, and tells the fan base to F off...yeah we'll fire him.

How many head coaches go to Nebraska.....then get major DI coaching offers? It appears to be a grave yard for the coaches.

On the face, it looked strange. After hearing a couple of in-the-know former players discuss it on the radio, it makes more sense. Remember where the program was at a few years earlier? The culture TO had instilled was gone. There was a lack of accountability. He rode TOs wave as far as he could ride it.

Do you think Solich is happy and has turned down major D1 offers to stay at Ohio? Or do you think that may be about the right level for him? Same goes for Pelini. There are reasons neither of them have had a major D1 job since leaving Nebraska.

How many head coaches go to Nebraska.....then get major DI coaching offers? It appears to be a grave yard for the coaches.

It appears we have trouble attracting really good head coaches. Scott Frost doesn't come to Nebraska if not for his ties, that's for sure. Before we hired Callahan, we had a low key "Tennessee 2017" coaching search going on.

Nebraska has never been a hot destination for coaches when we have to compete with schools with access to better local recruiting.

giphy.gif

We used to argue with Nebbie fans on which fan base was more obsessed with the other. Yet I log in once again and to what do I see? NEBBIE NEBBIE NEBBIE. I guess were proving Nebbie fans were right.

To be fair, if you could compile the names of people starting/fanning flames in Nebraska threads, the list would be pretty short. Not representative of the board here, I don't think.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Since Solich was shown the door.....Nebraska's AD has also shown an outstanding track record of hiring coaches too. hahaha

Do you know what happened and why he was fired?

Man, we fired a good one, look at all the P5 offers he had since...oh, he's still at Ohio? Nevermind...

Do you know what happened and why he was fired?

Man, we fired a good one, look at all the P5 offers he had since...oh, he's still at Ohio? Nevermind...

Solich has been the most successful Head Coach in Ohio U football history... I’d rather had him hired back at Nebraska than the crap Eichorst hired the Pryor last 3 years at Nebraska...

Previous poster, Nebraska is on it’s 4th AD since 2002..

Solich has been the most successful Head Coach in Ohio U football history... I’d rather had him hired back at Nebraska than the crap Eichorst hired the Pryor last 3 years at Nebraska...

Previous poster, Nebraska is on it’s 4th AD since 2002..
He was fired because he was handed a star performer and he wasn't able to handle Osborne handed over to him. Former players and coaches have remarked on how the demand for excellence had disappeared from the culture. Throw our crappy AD into that mix, and you get Solich fired for a coach to be named later.

It appears we have trouble attracting really good head coaches. Scott Frost doesn't come to Nebraska if not for his ties, that's for sure. Before we hired Callahan, we had a low key "Tennessee 2017" coaching search going on.

Nebraska has never been a hot destination for coaches when we have to compete with schools with access to better local recruiting.
Scotty wouldn't be at debbie if Florida would have let him bring his whole staff.

I'm partisan in the Nebraska-Iowa fight. He ran off a 4 star QB in Gebbia. He knew Martinez was injury prone. He should have recruited another QB.

He wasn't left a mess at all. Riley outrecruited Iowa all three years he was there. Nebraska always has more stars than Iowa. Coach em up.
Really? Stars don't mean shit if you don't develop depth and experience at nearly every position group on the team. Ferentz & staff ran circles around Riley and his bunch in that area.

I'll explain this as if I were talking to a 5th grader, then...

Nebraska just signed Frost to a 7 year, 35 million dollar contract.
They're still paying off the last contract.
They are aware as a fan base and media that the revolving door is a bad thing.

No, my son, they will not fire Frost if he loses the next two games.

My, God, it's one thing to troll anf/or shill for a troll, but you’re really stretching the boundaries.

I didn't say they were going to fire him. Your ironic statement of speaking to me like a 5th grader as your reading comprehension skills are sub 5th grader status. Its pretty well known that your delusional fan base most definitely would have called for the head of former coaches had they started 0-4.

Now go home and get your **cking shine box!

To be fair, if you could compile the names of people starting/fanning flames in Nebraska threads, the list would be pretty short. Not representative of the board here, I don't think.
Your correct about the list being short, we have a few people who have severe Nebbie derangement syndrome. LOL I just hate the thought of Nebbie fans thinking they were right. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I'm neutral in the Iowa-Nebraska fight, but in all fairness to Frost, isn't he forced to play a walk-on QB ? And his only scholarship QB is a true freshman ? He was left a mess..
Why does everybody think he was left with a mess? Nebraska has led the west in recruiting rankings every single year- they have talent, they just simply suck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT