ADVERTISEMENT

Will sundays womens game

Well the hawks need to play really good defense on the 1 osu player who went wild against them and I hope the refs dont let the Buckeyes get away with a lot of fouls

I promise you they’ve game planned for her. You can’t let her get a clear drive through the lane. And I don’t think they’ll let her bulldoze our girls at home.

We just let up, we won’t do that again.

Is a big game, too bad we can’t put 20K+ in CHA like we did against f0$u back in the C. Vivian days.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
I was surprised to find out tOSU isn’t a very good rebounding team. I think we will handle them at home well.
Strength is defense, physical play and solid offense. I would bet our gals are much more ready for them this time around and can potentially get them in some foul trouble. We will see but if we are knocking down open shots it could be a very memorable game indeed.

Strength is defense, physical play and solid offense. I would bet our gals are much more ready for them this time around and can potentially get them in some foul trouble. We will see but if we are knocking down open shots it could be a very memorable game indeed.

Yes and honestly we really hosed ourselves in that game.

I promise you they’ve game planned for her. You can’t let her get a clear drive through the lane. And I don’t think they’ll let her bulldoze our girls at home.

We just let up, we won’t do that again.
She is not the shooter Clark is but her ability to drive and break down a defense is just as hard to stop

Reactions: cmhawks99
We SHOULD have beat them on the road easily. Same with Nebraska. We had double digit leads in the 4th. Inexcusable.

Yuck….don't remind me, complete melt downs. That’s why the IU game really was an interesting aside, or outlier if you will. We hadn’t been down by more than the final 8 @tOSU all year I don’t think. You could tell it kind of freaked them out….it was bizarre play by us down the stretch. I’m honestly not even bothered by it. We shot epically bad. Historically bad…

Well, when half the team was sick, hope OSU gets sick in IC.

I do think we had some illnesses through that time frame. Remember that PSU & Maryland games and how physical they were. Nobody looked like they were having fun…tired, worn out, no smiling

Reactions: sober_teacher
Semi related but will they have all entrances open for people coming in for game day? I’ve never been to a carver game and I know there are a few entrances

Semi related but will they have all entrances open for people coming in for game day? I’ve never been to a carver game and I know there are a few entrances
Pregame they have 4 main points of entry to scan tix and such. Postgame all doors are open - tho it's currently a bit congested on the SW corner with the construction on the Wrestling facility ongoing.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
It might be the biggest home game, but not the biggest game. That was the 1993 Final Four game that we lost to Ohio State in overtime. There was a horrible traveling call at mid court. Out girl got bumped into and the they called traveling.

Is a big game, too bad we can’t put 20K+ in CHA like we did against f0$u back in the C. Vivian days.
Yes, that one was bigger.

And probably a few where there was something more on the line. I actually think Sat for the men is bigger, as it has more tourney implications.

But the true answer is the men vs Michigan after Chris Street's death. Best crowd by far of any type of event I've been to in my life. Emotionally willed the Hawks to a win

How many TV sets will be tuned in. 4 million. I m still goin with biggest game ever, GameDay there ,huge media frenzy, no 2 comin, record breakin day,playin for seed in tourney, senior day, tickets goin for over 500. somebody commented on Stingers 20000 in carver. How about 45000 in kinnick? 2 many story lines not to be biggest

I actually think Sat for the men is bigger, as it has more tourney implications.
in case you're planning on going - game is on Sunday, not saturday :)
How many TV sets will be tuned in. 4 million. I m still goin with biggest game ever, GameDay there ,huge media frenzy, no 2 comin, record breakin day,playin for seed in tourney, senior day, tickets goin for over 500. somebody commented on Stingers 20000 in carver. How about 45000 in kinnick? 2 many story lines not to be biggest

What's crazy is that they'd have better weather in Iowa City today than they did for the Crossover. Kinnick would sell out if they'd been able to hold a game there today vs OSU.

She is not the shooter Clark is but her ability to drive and break down a defense is just as hard to stop
True, to a degree. But good Lord if they actually did NOT let her just bull doze her way through people in the lane in THAT game, none of that happens. If she got a foul or two in that run, (she could easily have been called for numerous charges),we win by 6-8 points in regulation. The officials just decided to let her shoulder her way right into the basket. She's a good player, without question, BUT compare her number that day to her season averages. She scored TWICE her per/game average and most of that was in the last 10 minutes of the game and OT. IF the refs actually don't let her do that kind of repeat "bull in a china shop" routine she's not as much of an issue. Now OSU has a lot of good players, so thats not an assurance of a win but the refs deciding to let her do literally whatever she wanted had a HUGE impact on that game, and frankly changed the entire conference race. Sad, really.....

Reactions: ddeanHawk
55.6k in kinnick!

I think they are playing for a one seed in the dance. Pretty big.
Yeah, depending on the bracketologist you look at, there’s also a chance of falling to a 3 seed if they don’t win today and/or poor showing in conference tourney; or simply of being a 2 seed in South Carolinas bracket.

Yeah, depending on the bracketologist you look at, there’s also a chance of falling to a 3 seed if they don’t win today and/or poor showing in conference tourney; or simply of being a 2 seed in South Carolinas bracket.
I suppose if we get blown out…. Good thing we’re going to win today with a triple double consisting of 40 points, 13 assists, and 10 boards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT