ADVERTISEMENT

WNBA Cleanup

StarHawk

All-Conference
May 27, 2019
The ONLY way for the WNBA to stop the anti-Clark behavior (i.e, hard screens, cheap shots and Referee bias) is to start with this Carter thug and impose a significant fine$$.

Most of these players are not making that much money and a fine would perhaps jar their limited brains into behaving like civilized adults playing a ruled game.

Secondly, this problem was hatched from the first Fever game when it became clear that the WNBA referees were locked and loaded with an anti-Clark attitude where they ignore all these instances of hard screens, constant shoves and grabs on Clark...meanwhile aggressively calling nit pick fouls on her. The players aren't dumb enough to not realize the officials seem to be allies in this anti-Clark behavior. In general they are biased against the Fever and double that with Clark.

One game a player stuck her foot out and block a Clark pass and then got ball and ran down for a layup ....and not one Referee made the call of kicking the ball. That just goes down as a turnover!

I don't trust the WNBA Commissioner at this point. She should have been out in front of thise and had direct conversations with the Officials group to monitor the situation. The scheduling of Fever games already is suspicious that those in charge of WNBA condone and at very least turn a blind eye to it.

BTW, it's not just Black players beating on Clark...White players like butt-hurt Stewart coward that flattened Clark with a screen have done thier share.

At the end of this year, Clark needs to demand a trade from this awful team that...otherwise move on to better things than WNBA cesspool.

The ONLY way for the WNBA to stop the anti-Clark behavior (i.e, hard screens, cheap shots and Referee bias) is to start with this Carter thug and impose a significant fine$$.

Most of these players are not making that much money and a fine would perhaps jar their limited brains into behaving like civilized adults playing a ruled game.

Secondly, this problem was hatched from the first Fever game when it became clear that the WNBA referees were locked and loaded with an anti-Clark attitude where they ignore all these instances of hard screens, constant shoves and grabs on Clark...meanwhile aggressively calling nit pick fouls on her. The players aren't dumb enough to not realize the officials seem to be allies in this anti-Clark behavior. In general they are biased against the Fever and double that with Clark.

One game a player stuck her foot out and block a Clark pass and then got ball and ran down for a layup ....and not one Referee made the call of kicking the ball. That just goes down as a turnover!

I don't trust the WNBA Commissioner at this point. She should have been out in front of thise and had direct conversations with the Officials group to monitor the situation. The scheduling of Fever games already is suspicious that those in charge of WNBA condone and at very least turn a blind eye to it.

BTW, it's not just Black players beating on Clark...White players like butt-hurt Stewart coward that flattened Clark with a screen have done thier share.

At the end of this year, Clark needs to demand a trade from this awful team that...otherwise move on to better things than WNBA cesspool.
Hard screens-lol-you can't even be serious. Nothing worse than good fundamental basketball.

Biased refs-quite the leap you've made there. Is it possible that the refs just aren't that good?

The cheap shot-I'm not a fan of. But it's professional sports. It happens. No big deal. Move on. Are people still talking about targeting calls on the NFL two days later?

clay and buck show, clay brought up maybe the gay thing is there as well because CC is straight.
She's straight, white and plays basketball like no other woman has ever done.

Unfortunately, these "women" only see skin color in Caitlin when the only color she should be to them is green.

Maybe Caitlin can retire and teach them all a lesson about the free market 😉

Hard screens-lol-you can't even be serious. Nothing worse than good fundamental basketball.

Biased refs-quite the leap you've made there. Is it possible that the refs just aren't that good?

The cheap shot-I'm not a fan of. But it's professional sports. It happens. No big deal. Move on. Are people still talking about targeting calls on the NFL two days later?
Does the NFL need someone to come in and literally LIFT their crappy league from the total lack of attention , $$, or growth of fan base like the W obviously does? Maybe don't keep comparing apples to sledge hammers.....

You, sir, are a moron, the kind that I'd like to set a few hard screens on and bowl over while driving to the bucket while three professional referees stand by and don't do a damn thing. This is just IMHO, of course. LOL

I'm starting to believe there may be no helping this league. Women like Carter, who was let go from her previous team for trying to physically fight her own teammates, are too stupid to realize what's best for the league.

An organization of all women is going to have a hard time succeeding; there's simply too much in fighting.

Working in an office with all women for years taught me that there is nothing more petty and self-limiting than a workplace that is 100% women. The jealousy, drama, overt and passive aggression is intolerable.

Its good to have a healthy mix of both genders in most organizations. No doubt a feminine, straight and white star is NOT what most WNBA players want representing the league. They would rather go back to 3/4 empty arenas and flying coach at 2am I guess.

Hopefully the league leadership steps up and makes the game watchable and allows CC to be the star she is, along with the other non-thugettes that just want to play basketball.

Does the NFL need someone to come in and literally LIFT their crappy league from the total lack of attention , $$, or growth of fan base like the W obviously does? Maybe don't keep comparing apples to sledge hammers.....
Speaking of comparing apples to sledgehammers, what on earth does anything you said have to do with the fact that a flagrant foul isn't any big deal?

Not to mention that all of attention that it's gotten has put more attention on the league

• Haha
Reactions: GHawk
You, sir, are a moron, the kind that I'd like to set a few hard screens on and bowl over while driving to the bucket while three professional referees stand by and don't do a damn thing. This is just IMHO, of course. LOL
So tell me again what's wrong with hard screens. Does not every basketball coach in the world beg his team to set harder screens?

And if you're going to call me a moron, there's no need to call me sir

• Haha
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Corporations want to use the league to sell whatever product or service they provide. Hopefully the people that stand to make money once they start doing that will get the message from them soon that they will never start dumping money into the league until the trash play is cleaned up, or at least officiated properly. There aren't many teams and there are a lot of good players who do not have a team right now. They don't need the garbage players anymore. They need to run those women out of the league and replace them with players that will help sell the league and incentivize corporate investment. I imagine this will take a few years to do but they need to start now. The easiest solution to start this process is demand the refs start calling the fouls, and don't just "protect Clark", but call them all the time. The hack players will foul out in the first half and eventually find themselves without a team if they can't change their play. I feel like some of this is simply these women know that the young talent is better than they are and there is no way they can play at that level so it's best to just try to eliminate the competition. But of course it's a lot more complicated than that.

Last edited:
Listening ti talk show pundits today saying it s because she s white. Well there were like 4 other white superstars that didn't bring the eyeballs to the WNBA. So the white thing bell isn t ringing. Pat macafee show hit the bullseye today.
WNBA players don’t like a straight, white girl who can ball and with her millions in sponsorships is, as a rookie, making more coin than most will see in their entire careers. Major jealousy.

So tell me again what's wrong with hard screens. Does not every basketball coach in the world beg his team to set harder screens?

And if you're going to call me a moron, there's no need to call me sir
It’s not the hard screens per se, but they are the permitted window dressing underscoring the illegitimate of what is going on.

Time to start up the CC league.
It's coming. It's reported by PatMac she's been offered 5x her current WNBA to join the 3on3 league. 30 players, 5 per team, all stay in Miami for the duration of the scheduled games.

The 30 also get a chance to be investors in the league. Ashton Kutcher is one of the investors.

They won't have to go to China or Russia in the off season. Russia has one player, don't remember her name, they pay $1.2 million to not play in the WNBA. DAMN!

If it was Poor refs the calls would still likely balance out just through chance. Seems to be against CC a lot.

Targeting happens during the heat of the battle. The thug shove was in progress before ball was even in play.

Speaking of comparing apples to sledgehammers, what on earth does anything you said have to do with the fact that a flagrant foul isn't any big deal?

Not to mention that all of attention that it's gotten has put more attention on the league
Your the one trying to compare people talking about Clarks situation with and NFL penalty. The two have ZERO in common. The NFL has a worldwide fan base of rapid fans. The W few people gave a damn about until a couple of months ago, and now their doing their very best to flush it all down the toilet. For sure the league is getting alot of attention right now, but not the kind thats going to grow their brand long term.

The commissioner and the officials need to go.

Your the one trying to compare people talking about Clarks situation with and NFL penalty. The two have ZERO in common. The NFL has a worldwide fan base of rapid fans. The W few people gave a damn about until a couple of months ago, and now their doing their very best to flush it all down the toilet. For sure the league is getting alot of attention right now, but not the kind thats going to grow their brand long term.
Actually the two have quite a bit in common. It's a very simple comparison.

It's professional sports. A flagrant foul in women's basketball isn't a big deal. A targeting penalty in football isn't a big deal. A flagrant foul in men's basketball isn't a big deal. A red card in soccer isn't a big deal. An unsportsmanlike penalty in hockey isn't a big deal. A hit batsman in baseball isn't a big deal. A punch below the belt in boxing isn't a big deal.

And since you brought up how the NFL has rabid fans worldwide: the fact that NFL is clearly a bigger deal than the WNBA, and nobody is talking about a targeting or unsportsmanlike penalty two days later, speaks to the fact that those penalties aren't any big deal, which would certainly mean that a flagrant foul in the WNBA isn't any big deal

• Sad
Reactions: GHawk

It's professional sports. A flagrant foul in women's basketball isn't a big deal. A targeting penalty in football isn't a big deal. A flagrant foul in men's basketball isn't a big deal. A red card in soccer isn't a big deal. An unsportsmanlike penalty in hockey isn't a big deal. A hit batsman in baseball isn't a big deal. A punch below the belt in boxing isn't a big deal.

And since you brought up how the NFL has rabid fans worldwide: the fact that NFL is clearly a bigger deal than the WNBA, and nobody is talking about a targeting or unsportsmanlike penalty two days later, speaks to the fact that those penalties aren't any big deal, which would certainly mean that a flagrant foul in the WNBA isn't any big deal
Targeting in football earns you an ejection and is a big deal.

Nba if that happens benches might clear as they will stick up for team mates, good old wnba trying piss away all the potential new fans real quick.

Reactions: amahawk

WOB?

Reactions: BirdistheWord

A red card in soccer kicks you out of the game, you are suspended for the next game, and your team has to play with 10 instead of 11 for the rest of the game. You think that's not a big deal? It's like you are trying to say that dropping a nuclear weapon on Hiroshima isn't that big of a deal. It's hilariously inaccurate.

Targeting in football earns you an ejection and is a big deal.
A red card in soccer kicks you out of the game, you are suspended for the next game, and your team has to play with 10 instead of 11 for the rest of the game. You think that's not a big deal? It's like you are trying to say that dropping a nuclear weapon on Hiroshima isn't that big of a deal. It's hilariously inaccurate.
The point is that neither are a big enough deal to be talked about two days later.

It's pro sports. This stuff happens. Move on

The point is that neither are a big enough deal to be talked about two days later.

It's pro sports. This stuff happens. Move on
Channel 9 Reaction GIF by The Block

What if the WNBA doesn’t want to stop it? What if they are perfectly content creating controversy that gets talked about 24/7, that develops team rivalries? White, straight girl — top player in college basketball for four years — gets hammered by Black lesbians jealous of her fame and fortune. That’s money, man!

Michael Jordan got his ass beat into the floor by many large men who knew what he was capable of. Jordan kept comin back at them, and soon enough, nobody was allowed to touch him.

Intimidation doesn’t work on the Alphas. You might get some shots in, but they won’t matter in the long run, and it will create an even bigger legend in Clark’s name.

Michael Jordan got his ass beat into the floor by many large men who knew what he was capable of. Jordan kept comin back at them, and soon enough, nobody was allowed to touch him.

Intimidation doesn’t work on the Alphas. You might get some shots in, but they won’t matter in the long run, and it will create an even bigger legend in Clark’s name.
Don’t know if Caitlin will be the female MJ but she’s playing the long game brilliantly. These young rival players don’t stand a chance of surpassing her popularity and marketability with their current behavior.

They are letting their emotions get the better of them, not just on the court, but by heading to social media for instant validation. They won’t beat CC that way. Wonder if they’ll figure it out.

If they want to grow their sport, then they need to clean things up. My daughter and her husband drove five hours last weekend so their daughters could see Caitlin play. The first thing my oldest granddaughter said was, Papa, some girl hit Caitlin really hard. She's not nice. Sends the wrong message to our younger generation.

Last edited:
If they want to grow rheir sport then they need to clean things up. My daughter and her husband drove five hours last weekend so their daughters could see Caitlin play. The first thing my oldest granddaughter said was, Papa, some girl hit Caitlin really hard. She's not nice. Sends an interesting message to our young.
lol. You serious with this? That cheap shot was so laughably soft that Clark wouldn’t have fallen but she is physically not very strong. People acting like this was the Malice in the Palace. It is not.

Working in an office with all women for years taught me that there is nothing more petty and self-limiting than a workplace that is 100% women. The jealousy, drama, overt and passive aggression is intolerable.
You know who likes large groups of only women? Nobody.

You know who hates women more than anyone? Women.

As Bill Burr said, women would rather tear each other apart than come together to achieve a common goal. I see with my daughter’s 4th grade class already. It’s sickening.

clay and buck show, clay brought up maybe the gay thing is there as well because CC is straight.
That's a small part of it, but the bigger elements are mass jealousy and super minority racism (soul sisters not liking a white chick getting the accolades, attention and $$ in 'their' sport).

Rookies have to pay their dues with both the veteran players and the refs.

Even MJ didn't get any calls as a rookie.

If CC can stay healthy and put-up decent numbers, she'll be rookie of the year. The spotlight will fade in year 2, defenses will focus less on her and hopefully, she'll start to show what she can really do again.

A necessary first step is for Boston, CC's other teammates, coaching staff and front office to have her back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT