ADVERTISEMENT

Wonder IF the Sheryl Swoopes type of comments.....

ChiPackHawk

HR All-American
Jan 10, 2018
Influenced CC's decision one way or another? It is obvious that she cares very much about her stat line. Not really a knock as most athletes are. I'm sure she wants to be remembered as someone who didn't need the extra year for her greatness. With most of the uneducated comments about her starting after Swoopes' ridiculous statements, I do think it made her decision to leave much easier.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
Influenced CC's decision one way or another? It is obvious that she cares very much about her stat line. Not really a knock as most athletes are. I'm sure she wants to be remembered as someone who didn't need the extra year for her greatness. With most of the uneducated comments about her starting after Swoopes' ridiculous statements, I do think it made her decision to leave much easier.
She supposedly buried the hatchet with Swoopes. The two have spoken privately and Swoopes has publicly apologized.

You are making way too much of that incident. CC has set the new standard, nothing left to personally accomplish. Right time to move up to the next level.

IMO the fact that Indiana has the #1 pick in the WNBA is of far greater significance to her decision than what any former player or sports commentator has to say about her.

She supposedly buried the hatchet with Swoopes. The two have spoken privately and Swoopes has publicly apologized.

You are making way too much of that incident. CC has set the new standard, nothing left to personally accomplish. Right time to move up to the next level.

IMO the fact that Indiana has the #1 pick in the WNBA is of far greater significance to her decision than what any former player or sports commentator has to say about her.
I think you need to re-read my comments and think a little deeper about what I was saying.

Hey man, you’re a deep thinker!
OK - to put this little pissing match with you to bed, at least from my end, I asked a simple question. I did not blame Sheryl Swoopes directly for Clark leaving, I wondered if "those types" of uninformed comments may have influenced her one way or another. I never said that it did. Personally, I think it is the right time for her to go. Nothing left for her to achieve that she can control. I think the shot at making the Olympic team has as much to do with it as anything.

I asked a simple question. I did not blame Sheryl Swoopes directly for Clark leaving, I wondered if "those types" of uninformed comments may have influenced her one way or another
I answered directly….

“IMO the fact that Indiana has the #1 pick in the WNBA is of far greater significance to her decision than what any former player or sports commentator has to say about her.”

This subject has been raised here repeatedly. As ichawk24 stated, she was always going pro - that’s my opinion. If you don’t consider it “deep”, I really don’t care.

Reactions: littlez
I mentioned at least a month back that I believe the integrity of the game means something to CC and that coming back and playing another year would pretty much make that record unbeatable moving forward….I honestly don’t think she wants that, among many other things that would have helped her make that decision

At this point it would have seemed a bit weird for her to come back, unless she felt they had a strong chance at natty. She's at the top of her Laffer curve for college notoriety, coming back another year would have been perceived as grifting or piling on.

I answered directly….

“IMO the fact that Indiana has the #1 pick in the WNBA is of far greater significance to her decision than what any former player or sports commentator has to say about her.”

This subject has been raised here repeatedly. As ichawk24 stated, she was always going pro - that’s my opinion. If you don’t consider it “deep”, I really don’t care.
Not sure why you feel the need to be a dick but I guess I don't care either. Maybe you're just too thin skinned for it all. Next time I ask to maybe re-read something I said and think a little bit deeper about it, I'll remember how offensive that must be to some. It could have been taken to not instantly react and maybe think about it. And the comment from the other guy had zero impact on my initial response to you. The "You're making way too much out of it" about Swoopes was the reason I asked you to maybe re-read my comments. Swoopes herself in part, but mainly the comments that came after hers, were the basis.

You may in fact be right about why she is leaving. That's the beauty of it all - nobody really knows for sure.

Not sure why you feel the need to be a dick but I guess I don't care either. Maybe you're just too thin skinned for it all. Next time I ask to maybe re-read something I said and think a little bit deeper about it, I'll remember how offensive that must be to some. It could have been taken to not instantly react and maybe think about it. And the comment from the other guy had zero impact on my initial response to you. The "You're making way too much out of it" about Swoopes was the reason I asked you to maybe re-read my comments. Swoopes herself in part, but mainly the comments that came after hers, were the basis.

You may in fact be right about why she is leaving. That's the beauty of it all - nobody really knows for sure.

He’s like that ….🤷‍♂️

Reactions: ChiPackHawk

What are you trying to get out of him...he answered directly twice and you still won't let it go. As others have stated she was always going pro so to answer directly......No the Swoops type comments did not influence CC one way or the other.

She did? Do you have a link for this public apology?

I do agree with your last point. I think Indiana having the number one pick played more a roll than anything else. Factor that with this:

At this point it would have seemed a bit weird for her to come back, unless she felt they had a strong chance at natty. She's at the top of her Laffer curve for college notoriety, coming back another year would have been perceived as grifting or piling on.

And you have the why for her going pro. As much as it sucks for all of us Iowa fans, it is the right decision for her.

Can you provide a link to this supposed apology?

"I made a mistake" is not an apology. Thanks for posting three incorrect links.

• Haha
Reactions: nu2u
I think CC is getting bored with dominating college players, you can tell by her mannerisms that it seems almost too easy for her to score

plus, she should have about 100 more assists if her teammates could make a layup :)
You speak the truth. Uh, next season is going to be pretty brutal in all honesty. CC made it bearable to watch.

What are you trying to get out of him...he answered directly twice and you still won't let it go. As others have stated she was always going pro so to answer directly......No the Swoops type comments did not influence CC one way or the other.
I didn't realize some knew for sure she was leaving and had all the answers 100%. My bad.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Sherly Swoopes doesn't deserve any further mention in these threads, let this go.. Let It Be

the beatles GIF

Reactions: intrepodor
I think CC is getting bored with dominating college players, you can tell by her mannerisms that it seems almost too easy for her to score

plus, she should have about 100 more assists if her teammates could make a layup :)
No doubt the ass kicking they gave Minnesota, had her wondering, "what the hell am I doing here", lol...

I mentioned at least a month back that I believe the integrity of the game means something to CC and that coming back and playing another year would pretty much make that record unbeatable moving forward….I honestly don’t think she wants that, among many other things that would have helped her make that decision
Absolutely, my thoughts as well.

The WNBA needs a boost. I would not be surprised if CC makes a bunch of money promoting the WNBA besides her salary. I am a bit concerned about other players attitudes towards her. If she can help the league grow all the players and teams will benefit.
Hopefully similar to the Magic / Bird boost that the NBA received years ago. Iowa farmers driving combines were debating who was the better player between those two.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT