ADVERTISEMENT

WTF just happened at Trump's Rally?

Honestly, I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. I expect as the chances of Trump being re-elected increase we will see more of these attempts. His platform is so terrifying for a lot of people that they will think that if they don't try now they will never get a chance after he is elected. Of course, they won't get a chance now because he will never be as exposed as he was there or in previous outdoor rallies again.

And no, I don't support this nor am I happy someone tried. I want him in jail, not dead.
Who is terrified and if what. I’ll give you the abortion rights, what else

I just can't get over how a guy with a long-distance shooting rifle/high-powered weapon, on a roof in line-of-sight of the rally, is allowed to not only be on said roof during the rally, but also can move the weapon into position and then start shooting.

Watching coverage, and they keep saying that the SS had counter-snipers with high-powered scopes covering this rally.

How does the shooter get a shot off - let alone (at least) 3 - before being taken out? How does that happen??

Did his poll numbers go up or down after the mugshot and conviction? I for some reason feel like he just got a boost with this
And Joe can benefit too. His live statement was very well done.
Also he can reasonably be expected to go back to the basement campaign strategy from 2020 on the recommendation of the Secret Service who could say there are plausible security concerns.

Oh FFS, the guy incited the attempted violent overthrow of the legitimate government of the country and allegedly supported the assassination of his own Vice President as part of that attempt.

He's never apologized and he's been celebrating and promising to pardon the participants.

He has stated out loud he wants to be a dictator, won't accept election results if he doesn't win (we have lock solid evidence on that declaration!).

"Doomsday rhetoric from the left". Yeah, just completely unjustified. Comet Ping Pong level deranged hysteria.

You closet MAGA's are probably the most annoying of the bunch.
Sad

Reactions: HueyGay
And here I thought this country was already screwed, before these events.

This is gallons of gasoline and industrial-sized aerosol spray cans on an already blazing fire.

Who is terrified and if what. I’ll give you the abortion rights, what else
Anyone that is LGBTQ. Anyone that is scared about the military coming into their city and rounding up people and taking them to concentration camps.

That's a lot of people who might feel like they are out of options if they don't think the vote is going to go their way.

Anyone that is LGBTQ. Anyone that is scared about the military coming into their city and rounding up people and taking them to concentration camps.

That's a lot of people who might feel like they are out of options if they don't think the vote is going to go their way.
Based on what? No laws against lesbians and gays, only thing I’ve seen is gender affirming care for minors.

Sigh. I’m sorry THAT offended your moderate persona. Now do my second post. Still waiting for you to scold goldie for attacking Joe in this thread. Weird how that didn’t bother you. MAGA fury doesn’t bother you. You’re a fraud.
Attacking? Leave me out of this. You are just a sad person.

The secret service is guilty of extreme negligence or something much worse. How the fvck do they not have drone surveillance of the area and how the fvck does some one with a rifle get on a white roof that close to a presidential candidate.
Very good question.

Seems like an excuse to act the same way as the people you condemn 🤷‍♀️
I don’t think anyone is condoning it…but they understand why it could happen. I can’t even imagine what the next few weeks would be like if Trump was killed today. Not sure we would come back from it.

• Wow
Attacking? Leave me out of this. You are just a sad person.
Liar. You’re too senile to realize that you talked about Biden being back in his basement. You just hate it when we call out your crap. I’m a happy person. However people like you who are supporting the worst of America AND talk shit about my job and insinuate how I am with kids garner no care or respect from me. You aren’t self aware and don’t learn. That’s on you. Not me. I’m going to go take my wonderful wife some ice cream at work now. You’re boring me.

• Haha
You know how I feel if you are ok with the assignation attempt.
Did you feel the same way when trump tried to get his own VP hung? His rhetoric is the cause of many deaths now. He doesn’t care. You’re arguing for a man that wouldn’t think twice about sacrificing your life for his personal gain.

• Haha
The SS is "elite" and "tactically trained", yet they somehow don't see a guy out in the open on a shed roof with a high-powered rifle.

I'm not trying to start any conspiracy-theory BS, but this is a failure. A big one.

If random people on the ground can get a zoomed-in video of the dead shooter and his position, the SS and the counter-snipers should have been on him like stink on shit the second his head popped over the lip of the roof of that shed as he was climbing up and on it.

I don't want Trump as president, now or ever, but that doesn't give people free reign to the idea & practice of assassinating him and/or kill & injure bystanders in the process.

That said, the SS (& local/state police also part of the security) involved today should be utterly ashamed that not only was Trump winged, but somebody died and a couple others were shot because of their lack of attention to details.

You drunk?

What does this even mean.
Why are you even asking anymore? Clearly he is. And he just gets more and more defiant about it. It is also summer - he doesnt have anything to do in the mornings. Not that i blame him for that. Heck, i would probably drink a little more every night if i had summers off.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
trump claims it was a bullet and not glass. Also, who uses an AR style rifle for a long range shot.
He likely thought it was a bullet but probably not, as a .223 would have taken his ear off. The shooter, at distance likely had to take him out with the first shot if he had an AR. Shot though the teleprompter, scattering glass, then fired more random shots into the crowd before he was taken out...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT