ADVERTISEMENT

WWE Raw

Naw, man this is on Punk. The EVP had nothing to do with him and Perry getting into a brawl. EVP's also didn't have Punk physically threaten TK. There is something mentally wrong with Punk. That he's willing to risk millions of dollars over his ego.
TK should have fired all of those iceholes last year. Don't care who is at fault. Literally it's schoolyard horse manure. Guys such as Mox, Orange, Danielson, Miro, Kingston, Claudio,Cole etc have put in a lot of years. When they ger made fun of or ribbed a brawl doesn't happen.
It is on Punk as he has thin skin and allows people to antagonize him. If he physically threatened TK, why did it take a week to fire him? I don't buy they had to do an investigation, but if they did that speaks to TK's lack of a backbone. Hell Vince fired Punk for much less.

TK's failure is he brought Punk back and didn't demand they bury the hatchet, as both sides have been taking shots at each other since. They could of printed money by turning this into an angle, but all the kids would of had to grow up to make it work.

It is on Punk as he has thin skin and allows people to antagonize him. If he physically threatened TK, why did it take a week to fire him? I don't buy they had to do an investigation, but if they did that speaks to TK's lack of a backbone. Hell Vince fired Punk for much less.

TK's failure is he brought Punk back and didn't demand they bury the hatchet, as both sides have been taking shots at each other since. They could of printed money by turning this into an angle, but all the kids would of had to grow up to make it work.
Its's on TK for not heading this crap off at the beginning and firing everyone. Or at least watching that news conference and seeing the message sent by Punk that he doesn't matter. All of that is water over the bridge though. Punk nearly got into fights with MJF, Kingston, Haangers, Mox etc. At some point u have to see the commonality and say IPunk has a serious problem. And stop making excuses.

Its's on TK for not heading this crap off at the beginning and firing everyone. Or at least watching that news conference and seeing the message sent by Punk that he doesn't matter. All of that is water over the bridge though. Punk nearly got into fights with MJF, Kingston, Haangers, Mox etc. At some point u have to see the commonality and say IPunk has a serious problem. And stop making excuses.
Punk has always been a Pain in the Ass, it's not a new trait, but TK still brought him in and then is shocked when he acts like an ass.

To Punks credit, he did work with children, who have pretty much assured no other bigger name will consider going there now and have to deal with the backstage games and shit-storm that will come at them if they get over more than the Buck and Friends.

I'm not a big Punk fan, he actually made me start rooting for Cena again when they feuded in the WWE. But AEW had a chance to move up a level and bring in new (old wwe) viewers with Punk and Danielson and they totally blew that, and now they are regulated to 600K-800K viewers for Dynamite each week.

Punk has always been a Pain in the Ass, it's not a new trait, but TK still brought him in and then is shocked when he acts like an ass.

To Punks credit, he did work with children, who have pretty much assured no other bigger name will consider going there now and have to deal with the backstage games and shit-storm that will come at them if they get over more than the Buck and Friends.

I'm not a big Punk fan, he actually made me start rooting for Cena again when they feuded in the WWE. But AEW had a chance to move up a level and bring in new (old wwe) viewers with Punk and Danielson and they totally blew that, and now they are regulated to 600K-800K viewers for Dynamite each week.
A lot of it reminds me of the Warrior. Granted Punk isn't limited in the performance aspect the Warrior was. But there are similar delusions in there personalities. Punk pushes the envelope back stage and tries too hard to assert himself as a lockerroom leader. Terry Funk, Dusty Rhodes, Kane, Taker, Savage, etc. didn't go around appointing themselves as the vet leader. And try to assume dominance over other performers. They lead by example and went out of their way to defuse things. If a fight broke out or high tension was happening. Macho would hide one of the performers in Elizabeth's and his separate dressing room. Punk instead goes if anyone has a problem with me come to my locker room and will settle things WTF? Forgot Punk also nearly fought Miro as well.
Punk did this all the way back to when he first broke into the WWE as the ECW knockoff. It's why management was reluctant to get behind him. TK Payed him a shit ton of money and gave him anything he wanted as a performer. There are only two places to get these kind of pay days as a wrestler. The WWE isn't going to platform him unless he eats a big helping of humble pie. It's going to be a record portion. Not sure his ego has it in him. But there is money to be made as the Macho Man once said.

Maybe Punk is more like 90's Shawn Michaels. He needs a Kevin Nash and Scott Hall to have his back. And cover for his big mouth.

This Smackdown is pretty stacked and reminds me of the debut on FOX in the Staples Center...Pat McAfee, Rock, Cena, decent matches...

Kinda like the E is flexing a bit...just to mark their territory.

It's fun to watch.

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
This Smackdown is pretty stacked and reminds me of the debut on FOX in the Staples Center...Pat McAfee, Rock, Cena, decent matches...

Kinda like the E is flexing a bit...just to mark their territory.

It's fun to watch.
Smackdown is leaving Fox.
Highly recommend Wrestlers on Netflix. It's mostly about new investors buying OVW and trying to coexist and keep it running with Al Snow.

It sounds like RAW will be moving to Amazon or ESPN/Disney?

Curious if this is where their synergy with UFC plays out, during college realignment tv conversations, WWE has often been talked about as something ESPN was going to be putting a bid in over the PAC etc.

I think FOX more than did them right, with the amount of promotion they did for Smackdown on during their other sports programming.

Last edited:
What’s the full story on Matt Riddle? I guess he was let go. I always thought he was entertaining.

What’s the full story on Matt Riddle? I guess he was let go. I always thought he was entertaining.
Some speculation that he and Dana White had beef from his UFC days, which may of contributed, now that WWE/UFC are family, but honestly, out of the ring he has been a bit of a handful, with fairly publicized rehab & relationship issues etc.

Combine that with him not being the most popular guy backstage, and the WWE needing to cut expenses with the merge, or to put money twards bringing Starks, Wardlow and Punk in before Mania...lol

Reactions: Pinehawk
Sounded like Edge wanted to be full-time, and the WWE felt he was more of a part-time attraction.

I know AEW is trying to make this sound like they just signed John Cena or the Rock, but I honestly don't see this moving the needle much for them.

Very similar to when Angle went to TNA, I'm sure Edge will have a few good matches, but I don't see a lot of the WWE audience following him over to the AEW shows.

Kittle v Miz will happen at a Mania or SummerSlam in the next 2-3 years, watch this interview, and if you know, you know, it's in the works...this is how they set stuff up with people not in the company.

I'm not sure what surprised me more. AEW signing Ric Flair or Flair leaving WWE.
Think it was more of a one off for Sting. As for leaving WWE. They have no use for anymore past sexual transgressions or his cannabis cross promoting. They don't care if u are on it. Just don't like to advertise it yet.

HHH could not of pulled off that debut any better...whether intentional or not but the subtle hints and jabs from talent in reference to Punk...the fact they went with the mystery partner in the war games, then to announce it was Orton ahead of time to distract from Punk returning.

None of the dirt-sheets had an inkling beyond speculation.

I hope someone has done a wellness check on Tony Khan, what a different world since Wembly for AEW.

What are they even going to do with him? Set up a feud with Rollins?
The other titles are so stale now. Gunther and Reigns, yawn.

What are they even going to do with him? Set up a feud with Rollins?
The other titles are so stale now. Gunther and Reigns, yawn.
Hasn't Nakamura been calling an "unknown" guy out? I'm guessing they feed him to Punk to start before moving onto Rollins

Hasn't Nakamura been calling an "unknown" guy out? I'm guessing they feed him to Punk to start before moving onto Rollins
Fightful mentioned Punk was not related to Nakamura's vignettes? I think they strike while the iron is hot and go Punk/Rollins with the rubber match at Mania....Seth's 'reaction' to Punk 'off-camera', pretty much confirmed it for me...they've been building to this for over a year.

Watched Dark Side of the Ring Bash at the Beach. Not a Russo fan at all. But Bischoff was clearly there to get Hogan more money out of Turner and not help WCW at all.

Watched Dark Side of the Ring Bash at the Beach. Not a Russo fan at all. But Bischoff was clearly there to get Hogan more money out of Turner and not help WCW at all.
I think EZ E had enough of an ego that he thought he could compete with WWE if he was really calling the shots after Time Warner brought him back to help Russo, which he had backers for and a deal in place to but WCW before Time Warner cancelled the tv slots and the WWE purchased it for less money than Vince paid in NDA's that year.

That move paved the way for one of my favorite things in existance...the (former) WWE Network/Peacock...the fact they threw in PPV's for $10/month...bonus, the tape library is awesome while I'm on the treadmill.

I think EZ E had enough of an ego that he thought he could compete with WWE if he was really calling the shots after Time Warner brought him back to help Russo, which he had backers for and a deal in place to but WCW before Time Warner cancelled the tv slots and the WWE purchased it for less money than Vince paid in NDA's that year.

That move paved the way for one of my favorite things in existance...the (former) WWE Network/Peacock...the fact they threw in PPV's for $10/month...bonus, the tape library is awesome while I'm on the treadmill.
Hard to believe ATM Eric didn’t understand that all of those corporate boys he was fighting with might hold a grudge over a 50 or 60 Million just to screw him. The type of executives Eric was shitting on most likely felt a great sense of pride screwing him over.
Eric did a ton of great things for wrestling. Unfortunately he let success go to his head. Instead of being hungry for more.

Reactions: golfinghawkeye
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT