ADVERTISEMENT

You know what would be kinda funny..........

Feb 25, 2008
The Fever don't draft Clark at #1.

It would be the ultimate troll job after all these reports about WNBA franchises preparing for Fever games, and networks picking up as many Fever games as possible.

.......and then they draft someone else.

I would laugh.

Oh of course I know they're taking her........but I would laugh.

It would be the ultimate troll job after all these reports about WNBA franchises preparing for Fever games, and networks picking up as many Fever games as possible.

I would laugh.

Let alone a whole bunch of people who bought fever season tixs who never would have

farley-chris.gif

I would laugh.

I do not think that she is a lock for no.1 overall pick. Good bigs are harder to find in any form of hoops.

Not drafting her 1st would be almost as bad as Bowie over Jordan. Although perhaps it is worse because we didn’t really know that Jordan would turn into what he did coming out of college. CC is pretty much a sure thing in terms of ticket/merchandise sales and tv viewers. Anything she does to win games is gravy.

I do not think that she is a lock for no.1 overall pick. Good bigs are harder to find in any form of hoops.
Your kidding right? First off the Fever already have quality bigs. You do realize that Boston was the unanimous WNBA rookie if the year, and they have another good big, AND shooters . They need a high level point guard. Hmmm, who would that be? And this deal was done over a month ago when CC signed with Gainbridge, the mega company who has their name on the building the Fever play in. You think they would sign her, and then NOT draft her? So you think they would sign Brink instead? not a chance....

Carduso is 6'7" but a damn slow 6'7" I don't see a slow 6'7" as a game changer--I certainly don't see her able to catch some CC's rocket passes. CC will sell tickets not only with her shooting but also with her passing. The clean cut white girl with no tattoos will do fine in Indy, or anywhere else.
How do you know she doesnt have any tattoos

What little I saw of brink she doesn't seem like she should go that high
Don't disagree, just what the projections are. I could certainly see Cardosa go before her. Lee I don't know. Brink actually has a well rounded game. She's a better scorer (from more then three feet from the basket ) then either, and an elite shot blocker. Cardosa will have her own stuggles in the league, not being the only Big girl on the floor.

I like Brinks. She's 6'4" and an aggressive defender. In fact, almost too aggressive.

Interesting pick at #2. She'd be a great trade-down because she'd put one of the top franchises over the top immediately.

You need and stop and think about the wnba right now. And consider it’s not exactly a thriving financial product.

Caitlin has plenty to argue for why she should be 1st pick. But that doesn’t mean the other bigs aren’t valuable on the court either. (Indiana already has a young big though..)

Bbbbuuttt, Caitlin is the only one that is going to have a big difference on the ticket sales and added viewership of their team, this is just as important. The value of the whole indiana fever team is probably less than some nfl qbs yearly salary.

What little I saw of brink she doesn't seem like she should go that high
I'd agree with your statement, "what little I saw of Brink". Like you I've only see parts of about three games she's played. Here's what we do know. She was the Naismith defensive player of the year. Not Cardosa. She's athletic, can handle the ball and can shoot at different levels unlike Cardosa or Reese, neither of whom can shoot out side 4 or 5 feet from the basket. Both will have to work on some offensive moves to add as they won't be able to just stand in the lane and score in the W. Lots of big athletic girls there. Also consider four years ago the recruiting rankings coming out of high school were Buekers, Brink, Reese, Clark and then Cardosa was 5 or 6. Obviously Buekers injuries have kept her from ascending like Clark has, otherwise there would be an interesting discussion on just who the number 1 pick would be. The one in this group that made the big jump is CC obviously. Reese has fallen down because although she's a heck of an athlete she's developed very few basketball skills, and even her layups are ungainly looking. Cardosa is a brut, but she'll face other bigs in the league. Brink is the one player who basically stayed right in her slot for her 4 years. Came in is the 2nd ranked player, and she's still in that spot. I would say after 4 years of college they have plenty too look at, and she's still that highly ranked then she's probably right there somewhere..

Last edited:
I feel like owners have learned their lesson picking size over talent ever since Steph Curry was taken 7th. When someone is both the best shooter and best passer in their class, you do not skip them, especially not for a center.

Reactions: Hawksfor3

I would laugh.

Why would you laugh?

Indiana is good on bigs. Need a killer at guard that can distribute too. Indiana is going to increase revenue massively just by drafting Clark. She's a lock. Her and Boston are going to be huge for marketing alone.

Indiana is good on bigs. Need a killer at guard that can distribute too. Indiana is going to increase revenue massively just by drafting Clark. She's a lock. Her and Boston are going to be huge for marketing alone.
I will say if they are not taking her #1, over the past few months, they have done a masterful job of deception. For what reason, I have no idea, unless they think LA will give them the #2 and #4 for her.

Reactions: Bishop-71
I will say if they are not taking her #1, over the past few months, they have done a masterful job of deception. For what reason, I have no idea, unless they think LA will give them the #2 and #4 for her.
Or 3 and 7? Angel and Cardosa going to the same team kinda makes me laugh a little. Think Angel throws elbows at her in practice, lol.

Reactions: Tenacious E
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT