ADVERTISEMENT

Youtube video of some Lester WMU offensive plays

Based on watching Iowa on offense for the last decade but specifically the last three years where the bottom has dropped out

I don’t think our QB, RB, and WR could figure out an RPO

Instead i envision it looking like the QB and RB paralyzed in fear on whether they should handoff….or pass….

Other options

They run into each other
Fumble
QB actually throws the ball but hits the backside of the WR cause he is blocking

I’ve posted before concerned about KF giving him power to choose QB’s. He mentioned Lainez several times. Makes me feel better already.

All other things aside; it will be a small but significant thing to see who is QB1 at the end of spring ball.

Positive sign if it’s Lainez and he’s the presumptive backup to Cade. Worst possible sign if Deacon is somehow the leader after spring.

Reactions: ZumaHawk and SI_NYC
First day on the job and KF is gonna rip those so called fancy plays right out of the playbook. We run zone right, iso up middle, draw for -5, and 3 yd outs when 4 yds is needed.
We sure as hell dont overload one side and force them to cover tweeter one on one and we sure as hell don’t run no goddam oppidy oop here.

• Haha
Reactions: *hawksrock*
Based on watching Iowa on offense for the last decade but specifically the last three years where the bottom has dropped out

Instead i envision it looking like the QB and RB paralyzed in fear on whether they should handoff….or pass….

Other options

They run into each other
Fumble
QB actually throws the ball but hits the backside of the WR cause he is blocking
With Brian as OC, yes. With a good coach that understands RPO, they will be fine.

Other options

They run into each other
Fumble
Funny, but that is why the repetitively practice this stuff. I aint rocket science, it is counting helmets around the LOS, reading maybe the DEnd and handing off, keeping it, and maybe throwing the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT