ADVERTISEMENT

Matscout tweet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teske wins wrestle off to start season. Loses spot due to not wrestling well due to injury. Places ahead of his team mates at open tournaments. Then has to wrestle off to get his spot back (did Schriever win a wrestle off?) but has to wait for CS to heal ? Everybody battles through injuries at this level. Part of the sport. Then seeding issue for Teske second year in a row... just doesn't make any sense.

Reactions: manatree and eb05
I consider you one of the best posters on here, but you also are off on this. Listen to the interview, figure out the timeline. This was all about giving Cullan all possible time to heal. He earned it, but unfortunately had an injury late in the season. Cullan also knew that there would be a wrestle off with Teske because it was to close to call and Teske was improving each week.
This was about getting the best guy we have on the mat for the post season, but also giving the athlete every opportunity to earn it, this is how great teams are run and how great coaches treat their athletes, Im sure their parents would agree!
It was about getting the best guys on the mat and putting them in the worst possible position to succeed? Sounds like a plan.

Pyles ain't wrong. The whole thing is stupid and such an easy fix. Teams making last minute switches are already behind the 8 ball with a late injury making them switch things up. On the other hand, you are talking about the B10 and the NCAA. Either one doing anything that makes any sense or involves any critical thinking is not gonna happen. I think most of these organizations are usually made up of the smartest "stupid" people you will ever find.

It takes a lot for Tom to pull you out of redshirt. You basically have to be ready to win a chip. Which Kueter isn't ready to do. Same with Arnold at 184.

I like it from a wrestling standpoint - but we're all scared of Kueter not wrestling a full 4 seasons.
They previously pulled a RS when the guy was slightly better. Abe over Nelson for example. Regarding BK, maybe Ben said he's leaning towards wrestling. Or maybe Ben and his parents wanted to RS. You have no idea what went into the decision. Throwing a generally false blanket statement like you did continues to lower your already damaged credibility. I personally wouldn't be surprised if BK ended up wrestling. He has loved his time with the team.

They previously pulled a RS when the guy was slightly better. Abe over Nelson for example. Regarding BK, maybe Ben said he's leaning towards wrestling. Or maybe Ben and his parents wanted to RS. You have no idea what went into the decision. Throwing a generally false blanket statement like you did continues to lower your already damaged credibility. I personally wouldn't be surprised if BK ended up wrestling. He has loved his time with the team.
Ben's mom was on here before he started wrestling and actually said a redshirt is preferred by them, but they will do what the coaches wanted. I'm guessing the coaches wanted BK to do what BK wanted to do, which was RS.

Well those are certainly... words. You ok, buddy?

61eTYPmvwLL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Teske wins wrestle off to start season. Loses spot due to not wrestling well due to injury. Places ahead of his team mates at open tournaments. Then has to wrestle off to get his spot back (did Schriever win a wrestle off?) but has to wait for CS to heal ? Everybody battles through injuries at this level. Part of the sport. Then seeding issue for Teske second year in a row... just doesn't make any sense.
Poor leadership as usual

• Haha
Reactions: Gobblin and hawk224
Gentlemen, giggle all you want but it’s a fact. They wanted Bouzakis off the scale and were very confident about how the match would go and put Brody in a great spot to make the finals.
Gobblin you’re the man but that’s pretty damn risky when the goal for this week is to qualify for the national tournament. Having him wrestle Bouzakis right off the bat jeopardizes the ease in which Brody could have done that.

I guess what I’m saying is just because it’s a plan doesn’t make it a wise one.

Gobblin you’re the man but that’s pretty damn risky when the goal for this week is to qualify for the national tournament. Having him wrestle Bouzakis right off the bat jeopardizes the ease in which Brody could have done that.

I guess what I’m saying is just because it’s a plan doesn’t make it a wise one.
Did it work or not? It starts and stops there.

Did it work or not? It starts and stops there.
It worked. But risky and unnecessary plans have worked it the past. Not sure that means that’s the path to follow going forward. Brody made it work through sheer force of will, but he was thirty seconds away from needing to fight his ass off to qualify when he could have had an easier path.

Credit to Brody for hunting for scoring chances the entire match.

Gentlemen, giggle all you want but it’s a fact. They wanted Bouzakis off the scale and were very confident about how the match would go and put Brody in a great spot to make the finals.
Drinking the koolaid

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT