ADVERTISEMENT

0% CFB happens this year

• Thread starter anon_ts5cfra6drv7r
  • Start date
Why is the NCAA drawing this out?! Just cut it now and make a plan for the future.

Walk me through what happened during the H1N1 Pandemic of 2009. I’ll help you out a bit. Virus emanated from Mexico - No Border Closing - No Travel Ban - No Social Distancing - No Masks - No Business Or School Closings (unless Business or School opted to do so on their own - No Sport Seasons terminated - No Testing - Worthless Vaccine - No attempt to shut the Nation Down. Do you not find that odd?

Walk me through what happened during the H1N1 Pandemic of 2009. I’ll help you out a bit. Virus emanated from Mexico - No Border Closing - No Travel Ban - No Social Distancing - No Masks - No Business Or School Closings (unless Business or School opted to do so on their own - No Sport Seasons terminated - No Testing - Worthless Vaccine - No attempt to shut the Nation Down. Do you not find that odd?

Well, COVID has killed like 10X the people

Let's say one coach or play dies, from any school D3 and up. What happens? Shut down immediately. Why are we pretending like this won't happen? Stringing this shit along is stupid and dangerous. Every program, every week has cases. Wait until the heisman front runner gets it.

Well it needs to be decided if we are slowing this all down or trying to eliminate it. If we are not going to eliminate it, just open everything up, let everyone get it already and deal with the consequences of that. Otherwise, shut everything, EVERYTHING down for 3 weeks or a month and let's wipe it out already. IT's pretty obvious that whatever we've been doing hasn't worked.

Can you imagine the backlash that would have taken place if in the very beginning the stay at home orders would have been presented as eliminating cases as opposed to flattening the curve so hospitals didn't get over run? People would have laughed their a$$ off at the idea we were going to stay inside to avoid something with such high transmittance. The goal was to make it so the hospitals didn't get over run, they didn't, open up the next wave and let's start building that herd immunity.

FaithfulTeemingArcherfish-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
It needs to be cancelled. Of course the players will still get the virus in their dorms / apartments / bars ect but many “adults” will feel better.

ESPN can start cutting what they charge providers. Football is where I draw the line at paying big money for reruns. 6 months and the free lunch is over for ESPN.

It's gonna happen, if only due to the fact that no football would send a decent amount of D1 athletic departments to the grave.
I think it will because if you can't have sports how can you have in person classes, dorms, etc?

Then again logic rarely wins anymore, so I won't bet in it. I can totally football players shoved in crowded dorms while being told it's to dangerous to play a sport lol.

Op...what about non football teams? Way less people.

I think it will because if you can't have sports how can you have in person classes, dorms, etc?

Then again logic rarely wins anymore, so I won't bet in it. I can totally football players shoved in crowded dorms while being told it's to dangerous to play a sport lol.

Op...what about non football teams? Way less people.
Statistics/odds game. Say those are worth a shot. You can control better.

I think the odds of a season starting in February are growing rapidly. We will all be vaccinated by then and can start getting on with our lives again.

Just get used to life with minimal sports. Could be 2 years.

Nope. I'm bucking some of my colleagues on this to be sure but I've been around longer than many of them.

We cant have 1-2 years of no kids in schools. For a variety of reasons I wont get into here.

Bottom line, this has to move towards letting young people get it. Sorry it simply does. We have meds that are helping, dexamethasone and remdesivir. Perfectly? No.

I'm really tired of saying this......The people that need to stay home are the old and unhealthy. We NEED to get over this idea that we are setting out to minimize cases. We have been trying and it isn't working. And no it isn't because trump is the President. People are gonna get immunity by getting it. A vaccine isn't right around the corner if Fauci is to be believed. If it were, Id be all for this plan. Close schools, shut down sports. We will vaccinate in Sept and return to normal in October. Except it seems like the touted fall vaccine isn't going to be fall.

I know it may mean that my profession has more business then we would have liked. But if the young adults get this like they have been, we may be closer to herd immunity than we are with a vaccine. If there are massive outbreaks that threaten overwhelming hospitals we make changes in those areas. But those areas alone.

Distance when able, test, test, test some more, hand sanitizer, masks etc... isolate cases. Don't isolate exposures just because they were exposures. Restest exposures. Test until 2 weeks after exposure.

The people we need to be yelling at aren't the kids and healthy. Start calling out the dumbass old, fat, diabetic and otherwise sick people I see wandering around Hy Vee and Home Depot without masks. Those people need to be much smarter. However, those people cant be upset at the rest of us that go about our lives. So much of this seems like a fairness thing. Kind of a 'why do I have to stay home when you get to wander around' sort of a thing. I mean, we cant single out those at risk, why, that wouldn't be FAIR.

Contact tracing, isn't working. Isolation. Not being followed. Masks, not complete compliance. I am not sure we can change behavior. Maybe we change the approach and say, if you are young and healthy and wont follow the rules, here you go. How about a dose of the 'Vid. Oh and stay in your room for 10 days if you get it.

Reactions: littlez
We're not getting a vaccine by February. We probably won't get one until late next year.
If you google it, there are multiple vaccines that are entering phase 3 trials in July and should be done and ready to distribute by October. Even Fauci is now saying he’s optimistic we’ll get vaccinated by January

Reactions: unIowa
Are you sure? Are you talking about in the US or Globally? And you really believe the US Death Report is valid? You must be staying in Joe Biden’s basement with him and going with his new number of 120 million deaths. Keep watching NJNN.

Well I was thinking around 120,000 so far in the US now compared to 12,000 odd h1N1 deaths.

Can you imagine the backlash that would have taken place if in the very beginning the stay at home orders would have been presented as eliminating cases as opposed to flattening the curve so hospitals didn't get over run? People would have laughed their a$$ off at the idea we were going to stay inside to avoid something with such high transmittance. The goal was to make it so the hospitals didn't get over run, they didn't, open up the next wave and let's start building that herd immunity.

FaithfulTeemingArcherfish-size_restricted.gif

Yep.We weren't going to eliminate this virus with SIP. We aren't an island.

Let's say one coach or play dies, from any school D3 and up. What happens? Shut down immediately. Why are we pretending like this won't happen? Stringing this shit along is stupid and dangerous. Every program, every week has cases. Wait until the heisman front runner gets it.
And how would he get it? Where is he getting it from?..............

Exactly. You're welcome.

Yep.We weren't going to eliminate this virus with SIP. We aren't an island.

Nope. There will be a vaccine like the flu one developed that will help most people, but not all. I expect that will take a year. We are not going to be widespread open on things for a year at least a year though. Lots of things; restaurants, some college football programs, etc. will be going away for good in the meantime. I would be shocked if UNI still has a team going forward. They may go the Drake route, but the days of being able to justify a state subsidy are closing fast.

It's gonna happen, if only due to the fact that no football would send a decent amount of D1 athletic departments to the grave.
There will be a look into scholarships and distribution. People act like there is limitless money in athletics. If this has shown us anything it’s that it’s a house of cards if not allowed to play.

Nope. There will be a vaccine like the flu one developed that will help most people, but not all. I expect that will take a year. We are not going to be widespread open on things for a year at least a year though. Lots of things; restaurants, some college football programs, etc. will be going away for good in the meantime. I would be shocked if UNI still has a team going forward. They may go the Drake route, but the days of being able to justify a state subsidy are closing fast.

Nope I disagree. Schools open, dorms open, all normal. If we are worried about teachers getting it, ancillary staff etc, then they need to take precautions.

Test, isolate the positives, etc. We have been doing this for years already. Ever know someone that has had chemo recently and their WBC counts are low? They don't isolate the rest of the public from each other they isolate themselves from the rest of the public. Masks, sanitizer, stay home when at all possible.

Nope I disagree. Schools open, dorms open, all normal. If we are worried about teachers getting it, ancillary staff etc, then they need to take precautions.

Test, isolate the positives, etc. We have been doing this for years already. Ever know someone that has had chemo recently and their WBC counts are low? They don't isolate the rest of the public from each other they isolate themselves from the rest of the public. Masks, sanitizer, stay home when at all possible.

Well, they are not opening normally. Not at Iowa this fall, not at anywhere I know of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT