ADVERTISEMENT

120 million reasons

That is the total $ former Hawks will earn in the NFL this upcoming season. Better than USC, Texas, Oregon and many other "big name" schools. This tells me that programs like that have massive talent advantages over Iowa but have no clue how to teach players to be pros.
True.

On the flip side, it demonstrates just how incompetent coaching on one side of the ball has been at Iowa.

I think Iowa does a very good job of recruiting players that want to work hard to get better. They thrive on team success vs individual accolades.

Recruit ratings services evaluate physical talent in high school. Iowa evaluates those things too, but also look for heart, character and playing for the name on the front of the jersey instead of the back.

That's a TON of money for a program where former players provide so little financial support in terms of NIL. Compared to other programs who put players in the NFL, Iowa is near the bottom. That's the stat that matters.

It's almost like they make it big off the back of the program and immediately forget where they came from...and Hawk fans love them for it.

• Haha
Reactions: pistachio1999
That's a TON of money for a program where former players provide so little financial support in terms of NIL. Compared to other programs who put players in the NFL, Iowa is near the bottom. That's the stat that matters.

It's almost like they make it big off the back of the program and immediately forget where they came from...and Hawk fans love them for it.
Can you link this data?

Like fans who chirp and don't contribute.

That is the total $ former Hawks will earn in the NFL this upcoming season. Better than USC, Texas, Oregon and many other "big name" schools. This tells me that programs like that have massive talent advantages over Iowa but have no clue how to teach players to be pros.
Very impressive. Is that more than Moo U & their epic streak of 1st round picks??

Every time I see shit like this it makes me so mad. We have dudes all over. EXCEPT at QB WR and offensive minded coaches. We have pissed away talent and development in the lines and defensive backfield for 20 years. Tell me I’m wrong.

They should be putting 5% into the NIL fund.

Every time I see shit like this it makes me so mad. We have dudes all over. EXCEPT at QB WR and offensive minded coaches. We have pissed away talent and development in the lines and defensive backfield for 20 years. Tell me I’m wrong.

Run play clock to 1 second. Worst offense in the country. GD why do fans apologize for this coach? There are many hungry young coaches waiting for the opportunity take over the reins from for dinosaurs like Ferentz.

College football has become fluid and dynamic. Many Iowa fans are entrenched on loyalty to the coach over the good of the program. The opposite of the conditions leading to the ouster of Dr. Tom, which IMO. was a terrible mistake at the time. The game has moved beyond Ferentz. He does not recruit players capable of playing on both sides of the ball. This is not subjective for the matter of criticism. It is substantially supported by years of data.

You don't recruit offensive players - you don't recruit and don't get skilled offensive players. QBs want WRs. WRs want QBs. A coach with 23 years experience doesn't know this? A coach with this mentality belongs at New Hampshire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT