ADVERTISEMENT

197 finalist Truax in the Portal

Thank you for the answers. Only a little snark at the end so nice work.

A returning NC at the #1 school and you don't recall if he took visits anywhere. Just a touch of an eyebrow raise and a 'not a yes or no answer'

I didn't ask about just RBY, it was psu NIL deals......as in plural.

I didn't ask about Bernie's deals, it was in regards to to the psu NIL deals.

for those not being 'brainbusters' you did a solid job of throwing out vague answers that didn't really answer the questions.

Maybe you can help me with the
"only a ballpark # for RBY"

When were you made aware of the ballpark figure for RBY?

Do you happen to recall when you shared that information on your social media platforms?

Feel free to actually answer the questions this time rather going with the 'don't recall' method the 'only address a small aspect' method and the 'didn't address the question and deflect it back with a defensive response' method

You remind me of some of the wonderful answers given in trials/hearings.

Side note, I do appreciate what you do for the sport and the attention that you generate. I also realize you know where your bread is buttered and play the part well. Somewhat of an Eddie Haskell approach.
lol. i'm bored; i'll play along...

i do not know any specific details of any other psu NIL deals but i know they happen. in related news, i do not know anything specific about tOSU NIL deals, but i know they happen.

A returning NC at the #1 school and you don't recall if he took visits anywhere.
no, i honestly don't recall RBY 'taking visits'. sorry. maybe he did, maybe he didn't. i don't remember. i also have no idea what it matters or what your point is.

yes. a ballpark number. that means 'in the vicinity of'. i don't know with 100% certainty. somewhere in the neighborhood of $150k

no idea.

Do you happen to recall when you shared that information on your social media platforms?
no.

is the inquisition over? what else can i help you with?

does this confirm or refute that i am a hawkeye hater that only confirmed the Truax number because I want to hurt Iowa?

also when did you know this?

did you post this to your social media channels?

what's your social security number?

what's your banks routing number?

TIA.

Logical thought process isn’t trying to hard.

There’s logic and there’s logic.

Tin Foil Hat GIF by Big Brother

shut up, spooner

I Love You GIF by Taylor Swift

It seems Willie learned from the last time he asked Pat to spill the beans on Larry Lee and didn't back him, so Pat threw him under the bus. Hmmm, this time Willie is backing Pat. Lesson learned I guess. Just surprised Pat came back for more.

Yes but say the 250k to Truax is true, but Iowa only wanted to offer 300k to Nagao for 3years. He could get mad and say hey I want 750k for 3 years. Iowa says sorry we don’t have that loot and he goes elsewhere. Having the figures out hurts Iowa in future recruiting negotiations. Mineo and Willie know this and that’s why they are putting it out there.
This conversation has gone completely over your head.

No one from Iowa offered Truax a bag of money. He was certainly made aware of NIL opportunities and how other wrestlers have fared. Nagao will have NIL opportunities as well. The better you do, the more marketable you are, the more opportunities you have. For example Spencer is leaving college with more NIL money than Murin and Murin (I just bought the AAurin shirt btw) is leaving with more than Joe Kelly. There is a very small number of college wrestling programs that can honestly say they have NIL opportunities for wrestlers.

So, in your example, if Nagao wanted to find a place that had more NIL opportunities than Iowa City, good luck.

Mineo is an idiot. He has no grand plan. He is smart enough to know that Iowa is the fanbase that drives wrestling. Everybody loves them or hates them and therefore he talks about them all the time.

Willie talks about wrestling news and the portal and NIL are wrestling news. Iowa does well in both. Therefore; he will talk about Iowa.

Last edited:
by all means, edquinn06, believe what you want.

i would definitely recommend taking the word of someone who admitted they were guessing in the same show they admit they were wrong about Levi moving up.

get better sources and stop questioning my credibility b/c it doesn't fit your narrative.

Last edited:
But I should listen to Willie and Mineo? So far the logic of the FRL crew is lining with mine on the topic.

Please point out where I suggest you listen to Willie/Mineo.

Just stating I have little faith in anything Flo says and didn’t want that to be a source of confirmation bias for you.

I don’t really care how much he is offered. More power to him if true. Go Hawks.

This means nothing. I wouldn’t let whatever they say sway you one way or another. It is comical to listen to their insight especially when it concerns Iowa.
I watched their take on Spencer’s interview last night. It was pathetic, especially Askren’s opinion about Spencer being too concerned about what other people think. This is the only narrative he had. Pyles stuttered through it half ass defending Spencer.
They could have had a discussion about how hard it was to make weight cuts, defending his Mother. What it would have to be like to change his style of wrestling.
What they think his future hold now that college is over. Is 6-7 year’s wrestling in college too much.
I was hopping that’s what it was going to be. Not to be.

Just listened to Flo. I think Askren has some credibility on the NIL issue as he is close to several top level wrestlers and recruits and he thinks that 250K is off the charts crazy for anyone for 1 year. He has no specific knowledge about Truax and Iowa as His comments were more general.

I watched their take on Spencer’s interview last night. It was pathetic, especially Askren’s opinion about Spencer being too concerned about what other people think. This is the only narrative he had. Pyles stuttered through it half ass defending Spencer.
They could have had a discussion about how hard it was to make weight cuts, defending his Mother. What it would have to be like to change his style of wrestling.
What they think his future hold now that college is over. Is 6-7 year’s wrestling in college too much.
I was hopping that’s what it was going to be. Not to be.

Agree. Their thoughts and insight on Spencer has been pretty poor since his sophomore season, if not earlier. They kept insisting the field caught up to him versus it being obvious something was going on. It was then I realized to take whatever they said as mere entertainment rather than a legitimate source.

I don’t care either ….but It would be hilarious if Truax just punked Mineo to make him look like an idiot….all these media types fighting over scoops so that they have something to spew on the internet first……

it’s worse in other sport’s media but I hesitate to believe anything but local beat writers in any sport anymore

awesome. another slappy that cares nothing about the facts.

i hope bernie punks you on twitter.

by all means, edquinn06, believe what you want.

i would definitely recommend taking the word of someone who admitted they were guessing in the same show they admit they were wrong about Levi moving up.

get better sources and stop questioning my credibility b/c it doesn't fit your narrative.
The news/information coming out of Flowrestling and FRL is by far the best wrestling source out there.

Last edited:
Just listened to Flo. I think Askren has some credibility on the NIL issue as he is close to several top level wrestlers and recruits and he thinks that 250K is off the charts crazy for anyone for 1 year. He has no specific knowledge about Truax and Iowa as His comments were more general.
The more I listen to Askren the more I think he is just a windbag. His take on Spencer yesterday was pathetic. He is either so lazy he shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone or he is just stupid. I actually think it is both.

lol.

literally. this morning. they talked about 4 topics. they were wrong on 1 and admitted they were wrong on another.

you seem like a casual. Thats what FRL is for.
you’re not exactly drumming up new business on here insulting people…… 😂

might be hard for you to believe but I’ve enjoyed following the sport over 60 years and I can wait and see who goes where and what happens…… I don’t need you giving me scoops that may or may not be right

I’ve had season tickets for 30 years some turd like you calling me a casual doesn’t sting near as much as you’d like…..

might be hard for you to believe but I’ve enjoyed following the sport over 60 years and I can wait and see who goes where and what happens…… I don’t need you giving me scoops that may or may not be right

I’ve had season tickets for 30 years some turd like you calling me a casual doesn’t sting near as much as you’d like…..
I think he may have been directing that at me and I am as far from a "casual" as you can get.

Reactions: natchrlman

If you haven't had season tickets for at least half your life then you are a casual fan. Sorry, but it's true, it's in the "Fan Bylaws"

And FWIW Lil Will has had year-long tickets to the sport of wrestling while he was still swimming around in his daddy's nutbag. He's royalty and it's about time we recognized this.

Hear, hear!

i listen to the first word and frl and enjoy both. i may be a casual because of that but i love wrestling and try to support all the wrestling content creators. except mineo, he is a huge douchebag.

also, tip for willie if he doesn’t have me on ignore yet. do some podcasts where you smash some budweisers and talk wrestling.

• Haha
Reactions: Kwoodhawk
The more I listen to Askren the more I think he is just a windbag. His take on Spencer yesterday was pathetic. He is either so lazy he shouldn't be anywhere near a microphone or he is just stupid. I actually think it is both.
Askren was one the most exciting wrestlers I have watched over the years. Up there with Spencer, Rico, Lewis,
In this role he’s just lazy. He looked like he just rolled out of bed sipping on his morning drink and coffee. I’ll bet he watched it once and that’s it

i listen to the first word and frl and enjoy both. i may be a casual because of that but i love wrestling and try to support all the wrestling content creators. except mineo, he is a huge douchebag.

also, tip for willie if he doesn’t have me on ignore yet. do some podcasts where you smash some budweisers and talk wrestling.
Might be better sticking to Yuengling than an Anheuser Busch product right now. @smalls103

lol. i'm bored; i'll play along...

i do not know any specific details of any other psu NIL deals but i know they happen. in related news, i do not know anything specific about tOSU NIL deals, but i know they happen.

A returning NC at the #1 school and you don't recall if he took visits anywhere.
no, i honestly don't recall RBY 'taking visits'. sorry. maybe he did, maybe he didn't. i don't remember. i also have no idea what it matters or what your point is.

yes. a ballpark number. that means 'in the vicinity of'. i don't know with 100% certainty. somewhere in the neighborhood of $150k

no idea.

no.

is the inquisition over? what else can i help you with?

does this confirm or refute that i am a hawkeye hater that only confirmed the Truax number because I want to hurt Iowa?

also when did you know this?

did you post this to your social media channels?

what's your social security number?

what's your banks routing number?

TIA.
Willie. I think you have more important things to do.

Askren was one the most exciting wrestlers I have watched over the years. Up there with Spencer, Rico, Lewis,
In this role he’s just lazy. He looked like he just rolled out of bed sipping on his morning drink and coffee. I’ll bet he watched it once and that’s it
I haven’t seen him in this role but I’m getting a Big Lebowski vibe. Maybe that has something to do with his fighting being compared to ambien years ago…or him showing up to big fights in dad-bod shape. Do we start calling him “The Dude?”

Reactions: Inthecircle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT