ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 Big Ten MBB Discussion Thread

Nebraska ends up losing by close to 30. Last year Hoiberg slowed down his usual tempo and it helped the defense get into the top 70 on KenPom. This year, he's continued to slow down the tempo but has a worse defensive rating than Iowa now. The offense in the first 7 games was to get up a lot of 3 point shots--they were top-30 in the country in 3 point shot attempts. That seemed to work pretty well for Nebraska until they shot 2-22 today.

3 big games tonight:

5:30 - Florida Atlantic (7-1) vs Illinois (6-1) Jimmy V Classic on ESPN
6:00 - Wisconsin (6-2) at Michigan State (4-3) Peacock
8:00 - Indiana (6-1) at Michigan (4-4) Peacock

Reactions: HawkHoops80
3 big games tonight:

5:30 - Florida Atlantic (7-1) vs Illinois (6-1) Jimmy V Classic on ESPN
6:00 - Wisconsin (6-2) at Michigan State (4-3) Peacock
8:00 - Indiana (6-1) at Michigan (4-4) Peacock
Pretty crazy how Florida Atlantic came out of no where with a final four appearance last year and continuing to look good this season.

Reactions: hawkirugged17
Illinois 79 - FAU 71 with 7:00 left. ESPN
Wisconsin 51 - Michigan State 46 with 12:00 left. Peacock.

First time ive seen this soulless red head on illinois named Marcus... dude is nasty wtf

Come on, man. We gotta save the ginger label for those who truly have no soul like Goode! Domask is more blonde. I’ll give you that he might only have like 75% of a soul, though.
This ****ing guy.. hate him. Please tell me this is his only year of eligibility

ill vs fau was a great game to watch as a fan.

msu is stinking it up. not sure if they have the outside shooting to make a turnaround as the season progresses and it's tourney time.

I continue to loathe the stinkin' badgers

Maryland had the game won and fouled a Penn State player at the end 80 feet from the basket. Going to overtime.

Reactions: JRHawk2003
Fantastic slate of games today:
Illinois @ Tennessee
Purdue v Alabama in Toronto
Indiana v Auburn in Atlanta
Wisconsin @ Arizona
Rutgers @ Seton Hall
Ohio St @ Penn State

Illini go down to Tenn by 7.
PU was losing big to Bama
Is this FB?
SEC used to be bad at BB cept for Kentucky.

Indiana was up 22-10 5 minutes into this game. Auburn is now up 52-34 at halftime. For those doing the math, that's a 42-12 run.

Nice comeback by the Boilers.
Now up 70-63 with 8:58 to go in game.

They may foul out entire Alabama team, too.

stinkin' badgers and indy both massively blown out.

as much as I despise wisky at least they were playing the current best team in the nation. indy was non-competitive against a good but not great auburn squad.

stinkin' badgers and indy both massively blown out.

as much as I despise wisky at least they were playing the current best team in the nation. indy was non-competitive against a good but not great auburn squad.
Every time I watch Indiana I come away less impressed then before. I know they're 2-0 in conference play, but this team is clunky offensively with very little spacing. If a team is shooting hot against them, there really isn't anything they can do as their perimeter defense isn't very good either. I'd be very surprised if we looked up in February and Indiana is still in the top half of the conference.

Reactions: RocknRollface
Another pretty dreadful day for the Big Ten. IU is so poorly coached. Drubbed by Pearl and Auburn. Not surprised by Wisconsin losing but giving up 98? Really? At least Purdue held up their end of the bargain. I’ll give Illinois a pass on the road at a really good Tennessee team.

Another pretty dreadful day for the Big Ten. IU is so poorly coached. Drubbed by Pearl and Auburn. Not surprised by Wisconsin losing but giving up 98? Really? At least Purdue held up their end of the bargain. I’ll give Illinois a pass on the road at a really good Tennessee team.

its gonna be interesting to see how many B1G teams end up making the Big Dance

Reactions: Mohawkeye
Good one brewing on BTN. Ohio State had an 18 point lead at one point, but Penn State has been storming back this second half to only down 2 with 7 to go.

Ohio State loses their 10th straight Big Ten game on the road to a Penn St team who had lost 5 in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT