ADVERTISEMENT

#24 Ranked 2021 Class After Deavin Hilson & OL Michael Myslinski COMMIT.

Yeah sounds like his decision was basically already made.

It would be a monster upset if he came to Iowa. Quite frankly, he sees himself stepping in after Hall leaves early next year while Iowa will still have TG and GW. I really wish his visit would have been next weekend in IC because then all the early enrollees including Arland would have been there. I do know for a fact he is keenly aware of not only the NFL lineage difference between the schools but also the massive, massive disparity in the OL recruits Iowa gets vs. ISU. Those recruits he would be runnInf behind. Like DD and CC, etc.

It would be a monster upset if he came to Iowa. Quite frankly, he sees himself stepping in after Hall leaves early next year while Iowa will still have TG and GW. I really wish his visit would have been next weekend in IC because then all the early enrollees including Arland would have been there. I do know for a fact he is keenly aware of not only the NFL lineage difference between the schools but also the massive, massive disparity in the OL recruits Iowa gets vs. ISU. Those recruits he would be runnInf behind. Like DD and CC, etc.
Looks like he spent a lot of time with Bruce last night.

Which could be a blessing in disguise if Iowa ends up with Kendrell Williams. I really believe he could end up better than Sanders but of course I wouldn't be unhappy is Sanders picks Iowa. My first choice is the kid from Mississippi but that's a longshot.
K Williams tape didn’t stand out to me like Sanders.

Looks like he spent a lot of time with Bruce last night.

Yes he did. But they have developed quite a relationship so maybe just a favor who knows. Hell Foster was going to Iowa b-ball games like the day before he committed to ISU.

Yes he did. But they have developed quite a relationship so maybe just a favor who knows. Hell Foster was going to Iowa b-ball games like the day before he committed to ISU.
I was just pointing out they hung out bc you said you wished he could come when he could hang with Iowa recruits

I was just pointing out they hung out bc you said you wished he could come when he could hang with Iowa recruits

Oh yeah totally agree. I was mainly saying simply because they hung out doesn’t somehow mean he is coming to Iowa. We are in today agreement David. Sorry if I was not clear. Happens quite often!

CB's are all pointing to the clowns for sanders. On another note, Louisiana just picked up a commit from another RB, not sure what that means for our chances with K Williams.

Sanders was totally going to Iowa until he saw the finest dining in all of Ames welcoming him. Once again, the greater metro Ames area having an Applebee’s has secured an elite recruit.

Please God!!! Bring Iowa City some fine dining!!!

Which could be a blessing in disguise if Iowa ends up with Kendrell Williams. I really believe he could end up better than Sanders but of course I wouldn't be unhappy is Sanders picks Iowa. My first choice is the kid from Mississippi but that's a longshot.
What do you like about Williams more than Sanders? Sanders from what I have seen is way faster but Williams is more or a bruiser and a viscous blocker. Williams actually would fit well with what Iowa doss on offense.

What do you like about Williams more than Sanders? Sanders from what I have seen is way faster but Williams is more or a bruiser and a viscous blocker. Williams actually would fit well with what Iowa doss on offense.
Yeah, I thought Sanders' tape was really, really good. Williams? Mehh..

Sanders was totally going to Iowa until he saw the finest dining in all of Ames welcoming him. Once again, the greater metro Ames area having an Applebee’s has secured an elite recruit.

Please God!!! Bring Iowa City some fine dining!!!
that damn Iowa City water that tastes like chlorine & comes from the damn river is what's killing us! ;)

We've got to start putting RBs and WRs in the NFL.

I mean, can't we just get one freaking guy getting the occasional offensive carry or reception in the league!? Lol JUST ONE for now!

We do have some momentum building at WR position, we shall see with Smith and Smith-Marsette.

As for RB, we seem to have borderline NFL guys as of recently (Wegher, Butler, Daniels, Wadley). I am amazed we dont consistently land 4/5 star RB's given our offensive scheme and offensive line history.

As I dug into this.....We did have Marcus Coker, Rodney Coe and Greg Garmon, 2010-2012 who were all 4 stars. And then high 3 stars like Marcel Smith, Toks A., and Kyshaun Bryan in 2013-17 window. We also were so close to landing Karan Higdeon and of course Eno Benjaman. RB is really interesting to analyze from a recruiting standpoint but we clearly need to be in on more high caliber guys. I just want great college RB's, the NFL is gravy.

More of a BIG type, in college he could play at 225. Williams is a wrestler and has done well in track and of course he's bigger. All I see from Sanders is straight line speed. Like I said before I wouldn't be unhappy with Sanders.

I like the power Williams runs with. Plus he’s already pretty big and he’s a very physical blocker. I would prefer Sanders but I also do really like what I’ve seen from Williams.

We do have some momentum building at WR position, we shall see with Smith and Smith-Marsette.

As for RB, we seem to have borderline NFL guys as of recently (Wegher, Butler, Daniels, Wadley). I am amazed we dont consistently land 4/5 star RB's given our offensive scheme and offensive line history.

As I dug into this.....We did have Marcus Coker, Rodney Coe and Greg Garmon, 2010-2012 who were all 4 stars. And then high 3 stars like Marcel Smith, Toks A., and Kyshaun Bryan in 2013-17 window. We also were so close to landing Karan Higdeon and of course Eno Benjaman. RB is really interesting to analyze from a recruiting standpoint but we clearly need to be in on more high caliber guys. I just want great college RB's, the NFL is gravy.
Unlike you I am NOT amazed we don't land 4/5* RB recruits...

..Zero points for "borderline NFL guys."

Sure, you might view the NFL as "gravy" but great college players that go on to be contributors on an NFL team don't go unnoticed from a recruit's perspective.

The Iowa staff hasn't been able to use the "take a look at so-and-so in the NFL, he chose to be a Hawk and look at him now" recruiting pitch since Shonne Greene.

Brandon Wehger was darn close - for a bit there I thought he would actually be put in a position to contribute for Carolina, but, turned out to be another "borderliner."

I'm not sure why he wasted Iowa's time if he knew where he was going already

Well first you never know. Second, a lot of downtime these days. Great pick up for ISU. The real question is does this move ISU out of the 50’s in the recruiting rankings while Iowa is in the 20’s with less recruits.

I'm not sure why he wasted Iowa's time if he knew where he was going already
They have known and that’s why they offered two other RBs. It didn’t waste any coaches time by Bruce hanging out and showing him around. Just a last ditch effort. Iowa has just been too late to offer some kids. I think they get too cautious at times with offers.

Well first you never know. Second, a lot of downtime these days. Great pick up for ISU. The real question is does this move ISU out of the 50’s in the recruiting rankings while Iowa is in the 20’s with less recruits.
Yeah it will

Definitely unusual losing out to ISU for an out-of-state recruit. Wasn’t all that long ago that such a choice would have raised quite a few eyebrows. Heck, it still might.

Oh well. Let’s show him who’s who in September. On Damn Iowa!

Maybe a little but still be 20 plus spots behind us. I will say, the waiting to offer in this day and age is not helping us. I mean he was there for the taking but we always wait to offer. But David, ISU was closer in recruiting rankings to us under Rhoads than MC. Think about that.

Losing out on Ricky Parks, the 4 star back from Tampa really hurt the Hawks. They thought he was a lock to Iowa which hurt their recruiting at the rb position.

Losing out on Ricky Parks, the 4 star back from Tampa really hurt the Hawks. They thought he was a lock to Iowa which hurt their recruiting at the rb position.

IIRC the whole Doyle fiasco was what turned him away, Strangely enough, Utah had its own demons and Utah is even whiter (specifically less black) than Iowa.

Reactions: cm8124 and dbrocket

Totally agree. I will say RB’s want to play early cause of their shelf life. Utah is wide open and Sanders believes Hall is done after this year. I wish them both luck.

Utah wasn't wide open when parks committed to them but unfortunately is now.

Fair enough. But it was always between the 2 programs. And he chose them. So not a shocker. Win some, lose more in recruiting. I mean by average ranking this class is Kirk’s what second or third best in 20 years? Personally I think the best OL class.

Fair enough. But it was always between the 2 programs. And he chose them. So not a shocker. Win some, lose more in recruiting. I mean by average ranking this class is Kirk’s what second or third best in 20 years? Personally I think the best OL class.
The 2005 class had 2 5 star tackles. Tough to have a higher rated class than that.

The 2005 class had 2 5 star tackles. Tough to have a higher rated class than that.

I know. That is why I said second or third rated class. Not beating the Doering, Jake, Richardson, Bain etc class. But this class on average is in the top few for KF and in a whole different tier than ISU’s class even though they have more recruits.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT