ADVERTISEMENT

57KG Olympic Trials!!! WOW

Well... I laughed at the comment as well.

RBY followed the rules and qualified for Mexico.

The reason he wanted to wrestle for Mexico is that he wants the opportunity to beat Spencer on the biggest Freestyle stage. But he thinks that ultimately Gillman wins the spot for the U.S.
I knew there was a reason I had you on ignore. This is seriously Funny, if you could remotely think this to be true then you my friend have no freaking clue.

At our 57kg trials I would put Rby maybe 4th -5th on the podium at best and thats behind Lee, Vito , Gilman and maybe Suriano. Gave him the edge on Fix. Would not surprise me at all to see him lose to Forrest or LL either. That is the reason he flew to Mexico and he and everyone else knows this. I will add it was a smart idea though for his sake, knowing none of our best guys woulld be at the Pan Am games.
Oh and by the way the kid from Michigan did the same thing for a different country, same premise!

I knew there was a reason I had you on ignore. This is seriously Funny, if you could remotely think this to be true then you my friend have no freaking clue.

At our 57kg trials I would put Rby maybe 4th -5th on the podium at best and thats behind Lee, Vito , Gilman and maybe Suriano. Gave him the edge on Fix. Would not surprise me at all to see him lose to Forrest or LL either. That is the reason he flew to Mexico and he and everyone else knows this. I will add it was a smart idea though for his sake, knowing none of our best guys woulld be at the Pan Am games.
Oh and by the way the kid from Michigan did the same thing for a different country, same premise!
Dual citizenship Olympic qualified wrestlers, not representing the USA and training in the USA.

1. Steven Micic (SRB) 57 kg.
2. Roman Bravo-Young (MEX) 57 kg.
3. Darian Cruz ((PUR) 57 kg.
4. Sebastian Rivera (PUR) 65 kg.
5. Austin Gomez (MEX) 65 kg.
6. Myles Amine (SMR) 86 kg.
7. Ethan Ramos (PUR) 86 kg.
8. Amar Dhesi CAN) 125 kg.

Dual citizenship Olympic qualified wrestlers, not representing the USA and training in the USA.

and born in USA, and educated in USA, and reaping the benefits of being in the USA, likely voting in the USA.

I know 57 is of great interest here, but in the spirit of the OP, 74kg is the real beast. I think there are 16 NCAA championships among that bracket (6 @57).
NO DOUBT!!! Not sure we will know which weight was actually "the beast" for many years down the line due to how many young kids are in the 57KG.

As of right now though, 74KG has the edge. My guess, as time goes by, the complete freaks at 57 will make history!!!

Reactions: T8KUDWN and Grip220

and they all know they would never smell a US Olympic team, case in point! There is only one on this list where fans have some sort of pipe dream about a plan to knock off one of our top guys on the world stage.

Whats the consensus on who we want? Assuming we all want Gilman/Lee? Poetic justice?
Personally, I don't mind rooting for Gilman still, and I just don't like the idea of rooting for Fix. So Gilman gets my vote, especially for the possible storylines and drama of a Lee/Gilman final. That said, I feel like Fix will be the one who comes through the bottom half (assuming of course that the seeds work out as predicted)

Reactions: Squarehat
Personally, I don't mind rooting for Gilman still, and I just don't like the idea of rooting for Fix. So Gilman gets my vote, especially for the possible storylines and drama of a Lee/Gilman final. That said, I feel like Fix will be the one who comes through the bottom half (assuming of course that the seeds work out as predicted)
I wonder how Fix will handle the cut too 125.5? When is the last time he wrestled down that low? He looks bigger than Vito and won't have his "dad's" shakes to get down like before.

This sucks as I love watching Vito wrestle! I was thinking Spencer vs Vito best of three before now Gilman vs Lee is my prediction if they are on opposite sides.

This sucks as I love watching Vito wrestle! I was thinking Spencer vs Vito best of three before now Gilman vs Lee is my prediction if they are on opposite sides.
The cut was brutal for Vito and it showed. Fix is going to be so sucked out also, Suriano has been on a maintain program for a while, body fat has got to be extremely low.

Last edited:
Whats the consensus on who we want? Assuming we all want Gilman/Lee? Poetic justice??
Gilman is the only concern for me because his strengths (pace/wearing guys down) lines up with Spencers only real weakness (conditioning).

Doesn’t this help Lee. Won’t Suriano go to bottom half now?
nothing has changed in terms of expected seeds, the only difference is the winner of 2(7) vs 3(6) goes to the best of 3 the following day instead of facing off against Vito for that spot.

Reactions: sstark46
i told you all months ago he was too big and needed to go 65kg but was told i was wrong. they wanted him and yianni to go separate weights even though it wasn’t the best thing

Reactions: comment1283
Oh you are one of those, makes sense.
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

Richard’s the #1 seed? I understand why, however, he has failed to qualify the USA twice in the last year. He also didn’t place at the 1st UWW Ranking Tournament of the year losing by TF and 17-8. Is a wrestler always the #1 seed, if you’re on the roster at World’s the year preceding Olympics?

All the better on paper for Spencer.

and they all know they would never smell a US Olympic team, case in point! There is only one on this list where fans have some sort of pipe dream about a plan to knock off one of our top guys on the world stage.

I don't understand the animosity about American wrestlers going to other countries for the Olympics. It creates better competition and hopefully will help grow the sport. If Micic, RBY, etc can do well and inspire kids watching the Olympics in those countries to get into wrestling, that would be awesome. (And every once in while, pipe dreams come true.)

I don't understand the animosity about American wrestlers going to other countries for the Olympics. It creates better competition and hopefully will help grow the sport. If Micic, RBY, etc can do well and inspire kids watching the Olympics in those countries to get into wrestling, that would be awesome. (And every once in while, pipe dreams come true.)
Then go train and live in the country you compete for, use their facilities and coaches.

Using US facilities and coaches keeps money in the US economy. How is that not a good thing?
If you live in the USA, you should represent the USA.
If you want to represent another country go live and train there.
It's that damn simple.
Our coaches won't go anywhere.
It wouldn't even equal a pimple on your ass to the economy if this handful of wrestlers left the country and lived and trained elsewhere.

Because some of those kids make it harder for team USA to qualify the weights for the Olympics for one.

Then go train and live in the country you compete for, use their facilities and coaches.

Yah, I think it would be beneficial for the growing the sport aspect of this for the wrestlers to at least train part time in the other countries.

I could give two shits if they want to go represent a foreign country, but as @T8KUDWN stated at the time they commit to wrestle for the other country then they should train there under their coaching staff. Wrestlers do this all over the world, the wrestlers from our country should be no different.
The point of growing the sport, yeah sure why not. Micic won a world title, fantastic for that country even though it was completly watered down.
I was pointing out a specific thing that someone posted, that was that RBY went to Mexico so he could beat our best on a bigger stage and that is laughable.
RBY, Micic and all the others competing for other countries are doing it because they have the chance of making it to the olympics which is great for them ( I could care less if they lost or won), but they also know they have little to no chance of making the US team. Facts!
I would add, if this is not true and they truly believe they would win the US trials but would rather wrestle for those other countries then they can all eat Shit.
Oh and the economy comment I got a good laugh from.

I could give two shits if they want to go represent a foreign country, but as @T8KUDWN stated at the time they commit to wrestle for the other country then they should train there under their coaching staff. Wrestlers do this all over the world, the wrestlers from our country should be no different.
The point of growing the sport, yeah sure why not. Micic won a world title, fantastic for that country even though it was completly watered down.
I was pointing out a specific thing that someone posted, that was that RBY went to Mexico so he could beat our best on a bigger stage and that is laughable.
RBY, Micic and all the others competing for other countries are doing it because they have the chance of making it to the olympics which is great for them ( I could care less if they lost or won), but they also know they have little to no chance of making the US team. Facts!
I would add, if this is not true and they truly believe they would win the US trials but would rather wrestle for those other countries then they can all eat Shit.
Oh and the economy comment I got a good laugh from.
Micic’s world title was not watered down at all. You may be thinking of Gilmans, but Micic’s was far from it - his was as stacked as it gets

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT