ADVERTISEMENT

A father pushes past his own LGBTQ bigotry as he raises a trans child

Some of the scum of HORT tore down a father on this board living through the same situation. It was mostly allowed. Sad.
They all seem absent from this thread. All of the people who are always so eager to voice their opinions about trans citizens are quiet.
This story seems to have thrown them a curve.

Keep these young boys out of the women's restrooms/locker rooms. Glad the school district had some common sense. The author of the article has absolutely zero writing skills btw.

Reactions: onlyTheObvious
There is no evidence that proves affirmative care and hormones are the most effective treatment for gender dysphoria. It is more likely that gender dysphoria itself is a symptom of our culture today and a variety of other mental health issues.

The "treatment" for gender dysphoria does not seem to be working very well for this kid. The dad says he had a good relationship with his son doing competitive archery, camping, fishing, and shooting guns. I would say that the boy seemed to have a decent life before going trans. It does not seem like life has been better since turning trans.

The kid acted different for "a few months" and then made a decision at the age of 12 that changed the rest of his life. This is child abuse and the medical community has failed this kid. He went from competitive archery to dropping out of high school within 4 years.

I feel the pain that this dad has. He doesn't sound like he has much medical knowledge, but his instincts told him that changing from a boy to girl is not normal. Unfortunately the medical community reinforced the insane idea of turning trans and this kids life got worse from there.

They did not mention suicide attempts prior to transitioning, but there were 2 attempts after transitioning. I think a kid might feel pretty bad if the doctor tells the kid that changing into a girl will fix his problems, but in reality, it only made life worse.

I do not think this is a story to be celebrated. I feel bad for this kid and his dad. This kid will likely always have a hard time in life because of the path he has taken. This dad just wants his kid to be happy and will do anything to make it happen, unfortunately, for most kids, turning trans does not bring the happiness they think it will.

Some of the scum of HORT tore down a father on this board living through the same situation. It was mostly allowed. Sad.
I was a part of discussions with him. I feel bad for the situation he is in, just like I do for the dad in this article. For the most part, they are following the advice they are given by the medical professionals. It is sad to me how much the medical community has failed these kids and parents.

More and more stuff is coming out that the WPATH (which is that "standard of care" used for gender diagnoses) is really just a bunch of trans activists and not legit science based medicine. They are finding that affirmative care does not actually do any good. They are seeing high rates of blood clots, heart attacks, and strokes and the mortality is higher for trans. They are finding that the doctors were basically experimenting on kids with treatment plans. The doctors know that these kids do not have the mental ability to consent to these treatments, but they do it anyway.

I think it is important to give people a different perspective than what they hear in the news or from their doctors. (Im sure there are people on here who are going through this with a family member). I imagine it is hard to know what to do when doctors tell you one thing and your brain and instincts tell you something different. I think most people who support gender affirming care are doing so because they want to make the person feel better, but I want them to know that the evidence is coming now that proves that gender affirming care, hormones, puberty blockers are not an effective treatment for gender dysphoria. Much of Europe is already changing, the US will follow eventually.

Hard to fathom anybody reading this story and not pausing to reconsider their views.
I don't think many around here are full on bigots. I don't have a personal problem with any of them. I do have a problem with the way medical psychological profession treat the issue of transgenderism. (as well as much of the politics surrounding it)

I was a part of discussions with him. I feel bad for the situation he is in, just like I do for the dad in this article. For the most part, they are following the advice they are given by the medical professionals. It is sad to me how much the medical community has failed these kids and parents.

More and more stuff is coming out that the WPATH (which is that "standard of care" used for gender diagnoses) is really just a bunch of trans activists and not legit science based medicine. They are finding that affirmative care does not actually do any good. They are seeing high rates of blood clots, heart attacks, and strokes and the mortality is higher for trans. They are finding that the doctors were basically experimenting on kids with treatment plans. The doctors know that these kids do not have the mental ability to consent to these treatments, but they do it anyway.

I think it is important to give people a different perspective than what they hear in the news or from their doctors. (Im sure there are people on here who are going through this with a family member). I imagine it is hard to know what to do when doctors tell you one thing and your brain and instincts tell you something different. I think most people who support gender affirming care are doing so because they want to make the person feel better, but I want them to know that the evidence is coming now that proves that gender affirming care, hormones, puberty blockers are not an effective treatment for gender dysphoria. Much of Europe is already changing, the US will follow eventually.
You have absolutely no reason to feel bad for my situation. I have a very well adjusted 19 year old college freshman child that is excelling in college, on the Presidents list and living a peaceful normal life. He as he would prefer to be called is back to their normal loving self after a few years of turmoil and adjustment.

I am proud to refer to him as the most challenging and rewarding pain in my ass I have ever known, and if I had the power to change anything, I wouldn't change one thing.

You are free to give your opinions all you want. Anyone who takes advice from an unqualified untrained stranger on the internet would be an idiot anyway.

I don't think many around here are full on bigots. I don't have a personal problem with any of them. I do have a problem with the way medical psychological profession treat the issue of transgenderism. (as well as much of the politics surrounding it)
Gender dysphoria is only political to one side.

The real mental illness that I see are from those who are consumed by it even though it has no affect on their lives. Weird, so weird.

Keep these young boys out of the women's restrooms/locker rooms. Glad the school district had some common sense. The author of the article has absolutely zero writing skills btw.

BXH65CEBYNBX3IQRBVFSPMSZNM.jpg

I just followed your little girl into the bathroom, because, you know, it's the ****ing law you support.

There is no evidence that proves affirmative care and hormones are the most effective treatment for gender dysphoria. It is more likely that gender dysphoria itself is a symptom of our culture today and a variety of other mental health issues.

The "treatment" for gender dysphoria does not seem to be working very well for this kid. The dad says he had a good relationship with his son doing competitive archery, camping, fishing, and shooting guns. I would say that the boy seemed to have a decent life before going trans. It does not seem like life has been better since turning trans.

The kid acted different for "a few months" and then made a decision at the age of 12 that changed the rest of his life. This is child abuse and the medical community has failed this kid. He went from competitive archery to dropping out of high school within 4 years.

I feel the pain that this dad has. He doesn't sound like he has much medical knowledge, but his instincts told him that changing from a boy to girl is not normal. Unfortunately the medical community reinforced the insane idea of turning trans and this kids life got worse from there.

They did not mention suicide attempts prior to transitioning, but there were 2 attempts after transitioning. I think a kid might feel pretty bad if the doctor tells the kid that changing into a girl will fix his problems, but in reality, it only made life worse.

I do not think this is a story to be celebrated. I feel bad for this kid and his dad. This kid will likely always have a hard time in life because of the path he has taken. This dad just wants his kid to be happy and will do anything to make it happen, unfortunately, for most kids, turning trans does not bring the happiness they think it will.
There is a reason Europe has 180'd on the entire agenda and now admits that hormone therapy is irreversible and also not a good "treatment" method outright. Anyone affirming trans is abusing children. Gimmered included.

Reactions: Hawk_82
I think people forget that Doctors are also people like the rest of us. Just like crooked cops some of them are idiots and only in it for the money and you are allowed to go back and forth with them. I feel empathy for the Alphabet community but some of this affirmation care is ridiculous. I honestly would love to see a study down the road on how many of these kids who were "trans" thru puberty are actually just gay or lesbian.

As far as the parents go I don't want to say they are abusing their child. I think most are just gullible and truly believe they are doing the right thing. I have seen some parents who have stated their 4-7 year old is non binary and whatever else, now that 100% is child abuse.

It's weird that you make long posts about people doing things because it makes them feel good, then ignore science and medicine because it affirms your pre-conceived notions that make you feel good.
Name a medical procedure or treatment that comes without risks? I guess it would be interesting to have a discourse with you, but when your starting point is that medical professionals are performing tests and prescribing treatments without consent, and in violation of all professional and medical ethics, you seem a little bit like this.

Christmas Nutcracker GIF by Mad Genius

It's weird that you make long posts about people doing things because it makes them feel good, then ignore science and medicine because it affirms your pre-conceived notions that make you feel good.
Name a medical procedure or treatment that comes without risks?
Are you comparing someone with cancer getting a brain tumor removed to a parent willingly and electively letting their pre pubescent child get on hormones and chop their balls off?

So, partial credit to 82 for showing up, but I notice the stock position posters are circling up in the daily anti-trans thread, versus facing life like the family in the article I linked.
The irony of you talking about "facing life" while endorsing the affirmation of delusion lmfao

Are you comparing someone with cancer getting a brain tumor removed to a parent willingly and electively letting their pre pubescent child get on hormones and chop their balls off?
Why is the right so overly simplistic in expressing their thoughts? Yes, they chop their balls off. Some of you are beyond dumb. It would help if you got out of rural Iowa once in a while.

First of all people who treat other people poorly and mock them are idiots who should go away. People who threaten violence should be punished, criminally if necessary. I don't care what you think threats of violence should be completely out of the question.

That said I still don't think letting transgender people use the bathroom of their choice is the solution. We split up bathrooms out of modesty and privacy concerns a long time ago. Like it or not transgender people are at best questionable as to where they fit. My compromise solution is that you have men's rooms/women's rooms and some rooms that are just for anyone who feels comfortable in going there. That can be trans people and that can be people who don't care if they are in the bathroom with the opposite sex.

As far as the best way to treat trans people, the medical community seems pretty divided on that one, I hope they figure it out. Personally I highly question the idea that supressing hormones is the right decision here. This seems to be the only mental issue that we have were some people are suggesting that we play along with a delusion.

I am not sure that "feeling like a girl/woman" or "feeling like a man" is a thing. I've never looked at my masculinity as a feeling so much as I've viewed it as a factual thing.

And you're the one that has no problem making this man pee in the girls room because they were a female at birth. You're a strange obsessed little man.
They're a female still today lol so much for those lies about gender and sex being different. What is a man btw?

Why is the right so overly simplistic in expressing their thoughts? Yes, they chop their balls off. Some of you are beyond dumb. It would help if you got out of rural Iowa once in a while.
Are you comparing someone with cancer getting a brain tumor removed to a parent willingly and ELECTIVELY letting their pre-pubescent child get on hormones and surgery to remove their testicles and penis?

That better?

PS I'm not on the right nor do I live in rural Iowa.

Hard to fathom anybody reading this story and not pausing to reconsider their views.
I don’t think guys with dicks should be in women’s locker room and winning national championships in women’s sports.

I don’t think hormones or surgery should be done on minors for gender.

Changes nothing for me.

Ridiculous to permanently alter somebody’s life when they have likely only lived about 15% of it and are physically healthy.

It clearly does for you. You freak every time you see a hot woman with a bigger one. You really need a new obsession.
You're the one who suggested it in the first place lol can't say I've ever seen a woman (hot or ugly) with a dick. Assuming you're projecting here given your history.

And you're the one that has no problem making this man pee in the girls room because they were a female at birth. You're a strange obsessed little man.
the good news is that the overwhelming majority of trans people will just continue to use whatever bathroom they want to use (like they have for years before the right decided to freak out about this)

Name a medical procedure or treatment that comes without risks? I guess it would be interesting to have a discourse with you, but when your starting point is that medical professionals are performing tests and prescribing treatments without consent, and in violation of all professional and medical ethics, you seem a little bit like this.

Christmas Nutcracker GIF by Mad Genius
Gender affirming care doctors have admitted that a child does not have the maturity or cognitive ability to understand what they are doing to their body and the long term implications this will have. They recognize that a kid does not understand how becoming sterile and never being able to experience an orgasm will affect them into adulthood.

Gender affirming care is different than cancer treatment because there is not a diagnostic test for gender dysphoria. It truly is the doctor just agreeing with the child. It seems absurd that this may be true, but I promise you this is what is happening.

Providers are doing a consent, but they are aware that neither the parents nor the child understand the full implications of what they are doing. This brings about ethical concerns because the medical community is performing irreversible life changing treatment on a child when they know the child doesn't understand what they are doing. There also is nothing wrong with the physical body for trans kids but the current treatment is to fix a mental issue (gender dysphoria) with a physical change.

I am disgusted with the medical community and especially the activists at WPATH for pushing this extreme ideology onto kids.

This is so perfectly said, I have nothing to add. REALLY WELL DONE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT