ADVERTISEMENT

A healthy Stoll would have beaten Gable Steveson today!

Hope springs eternal. I've got to believe TnT are taking the best route to accomplish the best possible outcome for him.

Hope springs eternal. I've got to believe TnT are taking the best route to accomplish the best possible outcome for him.

Absolutely! They will get the most out of him they can. But we won't see him truly "healthy." IMHO, of course.

scatfan always trying to pump up the crowd and buy some brownie points with the locals.

Last edited:
If Stoll had wrestled, it's likely we would have seen a different GS out there then the one that wrestled Corbin, so although its easy to say Stoll would have beaten GS today with that effort, I don't think that would have been what we saw.

I don't see Stoll beating GS. I see him slowing the match down as much as possible and keeping it to a 1 score match but I don't think Stoll has the offense to take down GS and GS can create enough opportunities to eventually score on Stoll. I see a 3-1 or 4-2 type match with little offense and despite being close in score, Stoll not really ever threatening GS. Of course, I hope I am wrong.

If Stoll had wrestled, it's likely we would have seen a different GS out there then the one that wrestled Corbin, so although its easy to say Stoll would have beaten GS today with that effort, I don't think that would have been what we saw.

I don't see Stoll beating GS. I see him slowing the match down as much as possible and keeping it to a 1 score match but I don't think Stoll has the offense to take down GS and GS can create enough opportunities to eventually score on Stoll. I see a 3-1 or 4-2 type match with little offense and despite being close in score, Stoll not really ever threatening GS. Of course, I hope I am wrong.

I have to agree, GS has so much speed and motion I’m afraid he would always find a way to get to his attacks on Stoll.

Reactions: MERCERJ
His talent would suggest so his head not so much. You guys did see him staring down the Hawkeye bench right in the middle of his match. I am not making excuses for DeSanto it was a little over the top but the guys were riled up at that point for sure .[/QUOTE

He was laughing at comments coming from Iowa’s bench when they were wrestling on that edge. When did everybody get so offended by everything?

I hope this isn't true for Sam's long term health, but yesterday I heard there are concerns that he might have hurt his knee again. Possibly another ACL tear.

Truth. But Stoll has had two ACL repairs, and at least two other knee procedures. One of which involved a bullet. Maybe we can forgive the guy for not being 100%.
Absolutely, but less 100% he probably isn't number 1 either.

Really. ... it didn’t happen and know any of that so who cares. This thread is almost as back as the stupid Teasdale one that people just will not let die. This kind of stuff makes me want to just stop posting entirely. I know no one is losing sleep over it if I go, but little bitches on going at it on both sides. Nobody other than Sans is going to meet you on a bridge to settle things...

Reactions: rassling
I hope this isn't true for Sam's long term health, but yesterday I heard there are concerns that he might have hurt his knee again. Possibly another ACL tear.
Oh man I hope not , going out like that would Suck big time. Hearing this I just would like to see him make his last stand on the mat.

Stoll's #1 ranking is kind of a paper tiger. Yeah, highest returning finisher, and he's a favorite of mine, but given his lack of wrestling this season, and results not exactly world beating, I'd favor Steveson over Stoll right now.

Reactions: Titanium999
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT